10 comments in this topic

[BAUM]
Players
12 posts
1,461 battles

Hello, community!

Has Wargaming given any indication as to when Gascogne will be available for sale again? I want one, but had a break from WoWs when it was available in the premium shop.

Cheers.

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,474 posts
19,719 battles

No. The only way to guess is to look at the monthly missions and see whether French ships are involved, as this gives a good chance for the gascan to be on sale.

[JUNK]
[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,932 posts
8,397 battles

Buy any other tier 8 BB instead.

At most Gascogne has "some" fun aspects but really falls short of the other tier 8s. Worse at brawling than Tirp and Kii, worse at tanking than Roma, worse at DPM than all of the above + Alabama. Worse turret layout than all of the above.

Its speedy tho, but richys turret layout fits the ship much better and is more fun than gasscan.

I cant blame you if you still want it, i still like the ship but I have no idea when itll become available the next time.

[BAUM]
Players
12 posts
1,461 battles
On 18.5.2018 at 10:55 AM, Affeks said:

Buy any other tier 8 BB instead.

At most Gascogne has "some" fun aspects but really falls short of the other tier 8s. Worse at brawling than Tirp and Kii, worse at tanking than Roma, worse at DPM than all of the above + Alabama. Worse turret layout than all of the above.

Its speedy tho, but richys turret layout fits the ship much better and is more fun than gasscan.

I cant blame you if you still want it, i still like the ship but I have no idea when itll become available the next time.

I primarily want it for the different layout/playstyle. I already own Tirpitz and Kii. I think Kii is an amazing ship, and a ship I perform very well in. I'd like to learn different ways of playing BBs and feel like the Gascogne will force me to do so. Thanks for the advice though.

:cap_like:

[JUNK]
[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,932 posts
8,397 battles
3 hours ago, Diabetius said:

I primarily want it for the different layout/playstyle. I already own Tirpitz and Kii. I think Kii is an amazing ship, and a ship I perform very well in. I'd like to learn different ways of playing BBs and feel like the Gascogne will force me to do so. Thanks for the advice though.

:cap_like:

In that regard its super fun, plays a very different aggressive type of game than both Kii and Tirpitz.

Tirpitz plays like a frontline tank in many ways, able to handle a higher degree of punishment than the other two. It really needs to get close to let the guns be usefull.

Kii is more of a standard mid range BB (like NC and Monarch) but has the speed that Amagi has to flank more easily. Ofc Kii has the torps to play aggressively against a controlled matchup against a BB. That last aspect really makes it shine in Ranked for example.

Gascogne on the other hand has the same starting gameplan as Kii or Amagi, but you will need to really push when an opportunity arises as your guns are on the weak side on range. With 32 knots top speed + speed boost you can really rush enemies completely off guard played right and the heal cooldown lets you survive many more of those encounters than many of your counterparts. Its maybe the most difficult tier 8 prem BB, but its super fun when you get one of those pushes off successfully. 

• Cool 1

[DEFR]
[DEFR]
Players
1,242 posts

I was reading the bad review this ship gets on the .com version of this forum. I was thinking it looked pretty good on specs reading WOWS WIKI site. 7k range secondary guns to combat destroyers, really good main battery shooting range also at 23.83. It is fast at 32 knots to dictate range. 3 pretty things about it really, but nobody seems to rate it  as worth getting.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,747 posts
5,290 battles
2 hours ago, GaryThomasBolton said:

I was reading the bad review this ship gets on the .com version of this forum. I was thinking it looked pretty good on specs reading WOWS WIKI site. 7k range secondary guns to combat destroyers, really good main battery shooting range also at 23.83. It is fast at 32 knots to dictate range. 3 pretty things about it really, but nobody seems to rate it  as worth getting.

For what it's worth, I like it. Then again I do like odd boats at times..

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,474 posts
19,719 battles
7 hours ago, lafeel said:

For what it's worth, I like it. Then again I do like odd boats at times..

I like it too. I've put my AA captain from the Lyon on it and it's fun to just cruiser around with the secondaries. The wacky heal helps too.

Picking it you just have to realize that this isn't a hard carry ship like the Alabama.

[RONIN]
Players
1,665 posts
8,592 battles

for those who like Alsace and Repub, would you suggest getting this to fill my tier 8 french slot?

[RODS]
Players
1,246 posts
7,224 battles

I enjoyed the Gascan,  had a few good games in it, like a mini Republique, speed can get u in and out of trouble fast and the guns do hit hard (when they hit)

shot-18.03.11_15.01.00-0471.jpg

shot-18.03.06_17.13.13-0594.jpg

• Cool 1