Sehales

New American Campaign

12 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,752 posts
1,143 battles

A new campaign is going to be part of the upcoming update as well.

Please share your feedback here!

Please be aware that the special camouflage for the campaign will not be obtainable before round 2 of the public test!

Weekend Tester
896 posts
21,248 battles

30k exp for the final task 3 ??? Slightly out of line compared to #2 and #4.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,006 battles

It's 30k XP AFTER modifiers, so cmon people, it's not even close to hard.

You already have Prem acc on PTS, so effectively you need just 20k.

Add in camos (use the easy 1st campaigns to get them if you don't have any) and signals (you already have them) and you're left with something like 4...6 games to get it done. I'm sure you can manage :cap_tea:

• Bad 1

Weekend Tester
896 posts
21,248 battles

For some, it is actually "hard". My time is limited. I can either barely get 37k for 3 containers on live server per day. Or I can kinda waste my evening on a somewhat pointless mission on test server. I find it sad ptr is going the hardcore way these days. Today's patch didn't fix it either, so I guess that's it for me then.

And before you argue with my almost 15k+ battles. Different life. Long time ago.

[BOBS3]
[BOBS3]
Players
416 posts

Campaign seems good. I like that there is a variety of tasks with different width of requirements; some that can be done in any game mode with any Tier VIII+ ship, some that can be done only in Random, and some that can be done only in Random and require a particular class or to be USN ship or both. Hard to judge the rewards with how many containers we're getting on the PTS, 5 per match as well as probably inflated rewards for the campaign tasks, but I do like that there are both "normal" (Stars 'n Stripes Camo, signals or special signals, collection item) and "super" containers (larger number of special signals and two collection items).

With the "normal" containers though I'm not sure if the two options are balanced as one camouflage plus five normal signals doesn't seem equal to three camouflages plus three special signals. If these are supposed to be the same then maybe 1 camo + 3 special and 3 camo + 5 normal?

[BEWBS]
Beta Tester
83 posts
7,860 battles

Uhm. Are these missions going live as-is? I understand that they're seemingly targeted at players that don't necessarily have high and top tier ships, but these seem a little bit on the easy side..

Especially the collection, getting soo many special containers meant that i'd completed the collection before i'd completed the final task on the 2nd level (20 or so games)

[BOBS3]
[BOBS3]
Players
416 posts

Minimum requirements were Tier VIII+, so that is fairly high tier, and you were getting five containers after every game so that's an extra 100 from 20 games compared with what you'd have earned just from the campaign tasks. And it says on the news page "Please note that during the Public Test it will be noticeably easier to complete the new collection and pass the new campaign as compared to the efforts you'll have to take to do the same on the live servers. Also, please bear in mind that the conditions of various tasks and rewards for completing them may differ substantially." so they are intended to be on the easy side.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,006 battles
8 hours ago, GiantKiw1 said:

Uhm. Are these missions going live as-is? I understand that they're seemingly targeted at players that don't necessarily have high and top tier ships, but these seem a little bit on the easy side..

I wonder how do you find out there is a fresh PTS run without actually reading the announcement? Did someone in your clan / some friend told you?

It was quite clearly said that (exactly like all the previous times) missions on PTS are easier than they will be on live server

Please note that during the Public Test it will be noticeably easier to complete the new collection and pass the new campaign as compared to the efforts you'll have to take to do the same on the live servers. Also, please bear in mind that the conditions of various tasks and rewards for completing them may differ substantially.

[THEC]
Players
70 posts
10,664 battles

Not a full-on bug, more a typo/error: The distinctive commemorative symbol for completing the campaign displays the naval aviator wings as well as 'W.E. HALSEY'. I'm not 100% certain, but I think it should be 'W.F. HALSEY', with F for Frederick (William Frederick Halsey Jr).

Screenshot 2018-05-24 12.28.33.png