Sehales

New American Collection

5 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,752 posts
1,143 battles

A new collection is coming to the game, together with the US cruiser reshuffling.

Let us know what you like, dislike or what you would like to change.

[EXIL]
WoWs Wiki Team, Players
592 posts
8,955 battles

I completed the Collection, but no Camo for Cleveland (old) - I guess it's for new Cleveland? Inventory does not work currently, so I cannot check...

[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles

It says just Cleveland so I Guess it's for after the split …

Finished the Collection and liked the content, the actual content isn't really the most important but I like that it's tied somewhat to historic Pictures, Medals and such … the Isoroku Yamamoto is prolly the best Collection so far 

[BOBS3]
[BOBS3]
Players
416 posts

I like the collection, the pictures and models look good and there are some nice anecdotes in the text, but a couple of things just bug me a little. With an emphasis on "me" and "a little".

First is that so much of this "American Cruisers" collection is stuff that applies to the US Navy in general as well, it makes it feel like there was a collection related to cruisers and a collection related to the US Navy and the two got glued together rather than released separately. Second is that with the guns there wasn't a unified art-style, some look like they have been taken from a ship and others look like a desktop model of that gun, compare the two 76mm AA guns for example.

So looking forward to getting the collection done "for real", but just a couple of things that made me go "oh... hmm... * shrug * " :Smile-_tongue:

Players
97 posts
7,535 battles

Not much to say about this, I finished the collection, and reading all the descriptions was quite interesting, especially those related to ships and weapons.