PT 0.7.5 Bug Reports

15 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,752 posts
1,143 battles

Captains,

Please share all bugs encountered in the public test of version 0.7.5 below, using the following template:

1. Description

Clear and substantial description containing all necessary details.
Example: the cruiser Aoba: scout is inoperable.

2. Reproduction steps

A sequence of the player's actions which triggered the bug.
Example: 1. Select the cruiser Aoba 2. Enter the battle (Training or Random Battle). 3. Try to launch the scout.

3. Result

In-game experience resulting from the bug.
Example: When you press the scout activation button, you can hear the sound, but nothing actually happens. The aircraft stands still on the catapult.

4. Expected result

In-game experience which should have occurred if no bug is present.
Example: The scout has to be launched by the catapult.

5. Technical details
Example: Bug time: about 19:30 (UTC).Replay (attempt at 01:00), python.log, DxDiag.

If you encounter this error, please zip your ~\crashes\ folder, upload it to any online file storage and add the link to your report.

565152Sanstitre.png

[OFFS]
[OFFS]
Players
140 posts
8,009 battles

1. Description

Final mission of mission strain 3 already in final stage

2. Reproduction steps

Finish first two strains and continue to the third

3. Result

Select third

4. Expected result

I'm not sure if this is intended, but if I am supposed to complete the whole campaign on the test server I'd like it to not take ages

5. Technical details
picture:

Spoiler

shot-18_05.17_21_32.03-0255.thumb.jpg.b58f1b1b6c905794fef57a8e34a369eb.jpg

Players
17 posts
4,704 battles

1. i torped a alsace in my Z-52 with the first torp rack, got 2 hits but the torpedoes which hit (did do dmg) kept on sailing, they went way beyond the map border, got screenshots.

2. will try to reproduce and deliver new screenshots.

3. torpedoes kept on sailing until end of the game.

4. torpedoes should have dissapeared

5. game started at 20:32 17.05.2018 according to after game report, the incident occured at around 12:00 in game which translates to 20:40 real world time.

* torpedoes in screenshot are beyond map border somewhere in the middle. (timestamp on screenshot is not linked to actual time of bug happening in game -> see point 2 and 5)

5afddf079e27b_Schermopname(68).thumb.png.be98184c4cd7c7f0fc18cfd102008f0a.png

5afdded991cc2_Schermopname(69).thumb.png.31002f991e09a6d769bd67afad657a18.png

*edit, screenshot with dead montana shows 2 torps from a shimakaze way out past the map border and 2 just past the montana in the middle. the 2 torps in the middle went past the Monatana  who ate 13 torps (sweet justice for that island camper) so he ate 13, 2 missed and extra 2 are way out. i guess the same bug i had yesterday in which the torpedoes don't dissapear.

5afea19581995_Schermopname(70).thumb.png.825d15bcc77584f55b71cb01612149c8.png

Edited by daimyo_willem
extra evidence/update

Players
97 posts
7,523 battles

Making a bug report now because I'm 100% sure there's a problem with this

1. Description

Target lock is lost (at least the accuracy bonus it gives) is sometimes lost, or not given, even if the cursor still follows the target, and the target lock indicator on the name is visible.

2. Reproduction steps

Aim at a target, lock and shoot. Doesn't happen every time.

I've tried doing some testing in training rooms but I haven't been able to find out when exactly the bug happens.

3. Result

Sometimes, the accuracy will not have the bonus it gets from locking on.

4. Expected result

The accuracy should be relatively consistent as long as you have the target locked on.

5. Technical details
It's been happening in random games the whole evening today, May 17th

Random example below. Target was locked but the dispersion didn't have the lock on bonus.

WorldOfWarships_2018-05-17_22-16-45.thumb.jpg.61c04e26aa22eb24aacb6a817284e3fe.jpg

• Cool 1

[RF]
[RF]
Players
17 posts
5,144 battles

lag with ship horn: pressing n for the horn, has like a 1-2 seconds delay lag before the smoke comes up. Not the only player to experience this bug.

Players
80 posts
20,824 battles
4 hours ago, EROMANGA_SENSEI_AOTY said:

Making a bug report now because I'm 100% sure there's a problem with this

1. Description

Target lock is lost (at least the accuracy bonus it gives) is sometimes lost, or not given, even if the cursor still follows the target, and the target lock indicator on the name is visible.

2. Reproduction steps

Aim at a target, lock and shoot. Doesn't happen every time.

I've tried doing some testing in training rooms but I haven't been able to find out when exactly the bug happens.

3. Result

Sometimes, the accuracy will not have the bonus it gets from locking on.

4. Expected result

The accuracy should be relatively consistent as long as you have the target locked on.

5. Technical details
It's been happening in random games the whole evening today, May 17th

Random example below. Target was locked but the dispersion didn't have the lock on bonus.

WorldOfWarships_2018-05-17_22-16-45.thumb.jpg.61c04e26aa22eb24aacb6a817284e3fe.jpg

I confirm this bug!

Tested with Cleveland, New Orleans, Baltimore and Des Monies.
Tested in Co-op mode.
All ship's guns have an extreme dispersion!
:cap_wander:
And the dispersion seems even more evident at medium and short distance.

For example, with the DesMonies I could not even fully hit a huge G. Kurfurst brodeside at only 7km! The bullets went everywhere except on the enemy ship. 

Players
80 posts
20,824 battles

Bug # 1: I completed the American collection, I received the flag but NOT the premium camouflage for the Cleveland. Camouflage is not present even in the inventory.

Bug # 2: I won many "American" non-permanent camouflages. Such camouflages can be mounted correctly on various ships, but are not listed in the inventory.

[NOCAP]
Players
1,535 posts
15,496 battles
3 hours ago, Silver_Leviathan said:

Bug # 1: I completed the American collection, I received the flag but NOT the premium camouflage for the Cleveland. Camouflage is not present even in the inventory.

That will be the camo for the new tier 8 Cleveland which we will maybe get in the second round of the PT. It wouldn't make sense to make a camo for a tier 6 that will be gone in 2 weeks.

[PUPSI]
Players
6,749 posts
Vor 8 Minuten, Ze_Reckless sagte:

That will be the camo for the new tier 8 Cleveland which we will maybe get in the second round of the PT. It wouldn't make sense to make a camo for a tier 6 that will be gone in 2 weeks.

But even camos for ships that you don't own should be listed in the inventory...

[NOCAP]
Players
1,535 posts
15,496 battles
2 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

But even camos for ships that you don't own should be listed in the inventory...

Ships you don't own yes, but this ship doesn't even exist yet.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,646 posts
2,413 battles
11 hours ago, Silver_Leviathan said:

Bug # 2: I won many "American" non-permanent camouflages. Such camouflages can be mounted correctly on various ships, but are not listed in the inventory.

Unfortunately the permanent camouflage will not be available before round 2 of the test launches, I have reported the items missing in the inventory.

Players
17 posts
4,704 battles
14 hours ago, Silver_Leviathan said:

I confirm this bug!

Tested with Cleveland, New Orleans, Baltimore and Des Monies.
Tested in Co-op mode.
All ship's guns have an extreme dispersion!
:cap_wander:
And the dispersion seems even more evident at medium and short distance.

For example, with the DesMonies I could not even fully hit a huge G. Kurfurst brodeside at only 7km! The bullets went everywhere except on the enemy ship. 

same, tried it with multiple ships. also in random by shooting 1 turret with target and then the other after 10 seconds when no longer targeting, its the same...

Players
80 posts
20,824 battles
12 hours ago, MrConway said:

Unfortunately the permanent camouflage will not be available before round 2 of the test launches, I have reported the items missing in the inventory.

Update:
today the inventory has been updated, and now the various "non-permanent" (American) camouflages are listed,
as well as the premium camouflage for the Cleveland (tier VIII).

:cap_like:

[CAPT]
Players
269 posts
9,145 battles

kHad the server crash while I was still in queue for a match - the teams/mission didn't show yet, when I was crashed out. I printed the screen but can't find it - Windows 10 sucks that way. I tried to rejoin but got the same crash so I rebooted my PC and still got the crash. I wasn't able to log in until the match was over, by which time I was pink. That WILL be unacceptable on a regular server! 

b.t.w. there was another player on my team the next match who was pink for the same reason, so I don't feel like the Lone Ranger...:Smile_sad:

Players
29 posts
7,923 battles

1. Description

No sound at all in-game

2. Reproduction steps

Launch game, no sound in either intro movies or in the game.

3. Result

No sounds at all, no music or sound effects

4. Expected result

Functioning audio

5. Technical details

Even after launching PT with setting reset there is no sound. Audio settings in-game are fine. This works fine on live. Using SteelSeries Arctis 7 USB headset

DxDiag.rar