You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TexanInUkraine

Unable to purchase ship?

7 comments in this topic

Players
3 posts
123 battles

I have been playing for a while and have recently created a new account since I moved to Europe. I am on the US line and have been playing the Chester.  After researching everything on it and getting points, I decided to get the Sampson DD. I could research it but when I went to purchase it I cannot. 

I have more than enough doubloons but when I go to buy I don't get an actual buy button to finalize the sale. 

I have no idea why.

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,808 posts
Vor 1 Minute, TexanInUkraine sagte:

I have more than enough doubloons but when I go to buy I don't get an actual buy button to finalize the sale. 

the sampson should be priced in credits, not doubloons

maybe no free port slot?

Players
3 posts
123 battles

Yes. It adds 50 for a port slot and 50 for a captain. I have almost 200 doubloons. 

However, even when I select the FREE option it only gives me the CLOSE button, not purchase. 

I have already selected RESEARCH so I am not sure as to why I cannot purchase. I have not ever had this issue before.

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,115 posts
8,941 battles

You need to free some space...sell a ship you don't need

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
4 hours ago, TexanInUkraine said:

Yes. It adds 50 for a port slot and 50 for a captain. I have almost 200 doubloons. 

Port slot is 300 gold, even if there was a discount (there is none right now) it would be 150g. Similar for the 3 pt capt - it costs 25g not 50g.

So you'd need 325 gold - and it sounds like you simply don't have that much. Sell some ship (probably tier 1) to free up a port slot and you'll be able to buy another ship