You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Loke56

Is a Pan-European tech tree wanted?

Do you want a pan-European Tech tree?  

249 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a pan-European Tech tree?

• Yes, the more the merrier
    • No, too much inconsistency

154 comments in this topic

[VION]
[VION]
Beta Tester
60 posts
6,236 battles

Happy constitution day Norway! what a lovely, although windy day to celebrate Norways independence :cap_viking:

But to make this post relevant, I wonder how many here on the forum actually want, or see a need for a Pan-European tech tree? The topic of possible ships have been discussed before, and everyone of course want to see their country repressented in game.

Personally I would like to see Norwegian DDs represented at low tiers (t2-t3?), as we had a few ships in duty during the war.

I dont know how many contries had some form of navy/coastguard ships in service, or what plans and drawings are out there. But i would imagine there is a lot with suitable low tier ships.

The way I imagine a tech tree would be to have 2-3 cruiser and destoyer lines up to t6 maybe. As there should not be any BB or CVs, multple cruiser and DD lines should take their place at low-mid tier. Multiple lines should also make it easier to implement similar ships of differen nationalities in a coherent line. There should also be possible for multiple line splits and class switches like in WOT and WOWP.

However I dont think a Pan-European tech tree will not be suitable for high tiers, which may be the best argument not to implement it. Maybe a line up to t8 if there are suitable post war ships.

What are your opinions? would it be to little gain to implement? Or is it something you beleve WG have plans for in the future (2028 maybe:Smile_sceptic:)?

Happy 17th May! And drink responsibly! :cap_tea:

• Cool 6

[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,908 posts
7,396 battles

I would love a pan european tree or nation for various premiums, but the Swedes can fill out a tech tree of DDs that almost all existed (more real than current KM/RU DD branches) so Id rather have that tree first haha and thats coming from a fellow norwegian!

Cheers

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,525 posts
15,544 battles

know that they have the mod that enables you to add the proper flags.. I see no reason why not...

to make commander names more compatible they could do 2 Pan Europe tech tree lines(nations)

a North Europe and a South Europe

• Cool 1

[AXIS]
Players
1,091 posts
2,423 battles

I voted yes. But I don't want tree see it any time soon. 

First finish the French and Italian lines. Then the Dutch (shameless self promotion, but my country did contribute quite a lot with the outdated ships). Maybe another naval power (commonwealth?). And then pan European for the remaining navies. 

• Cool 2

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

i want pan european tree with ships from belarus, czechia, slovakia, moldova, hungary, austria and switzerland. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

Players
4,607 posts
5,708 battles
22 minutes ago, robihr said:

i want pan european tree with ships from belarus, czechia, slovakia, moldova, hungary, austria and switzerland. :Smile_trollface:

The Austro-Hungarian k.u.k. Kriegsmarine was a thing. It just lacks the ships to go past T5 at most. But leave it to WG to fill in the tech tree till T10 with ships that never existed and likely weren't ever designed.

[SM0KE]
Players
2,863 posts
6,686 battles

Absolutely - the more interesting stuff in the game, the better!

• Cool 3

Players
3,041 posts
13,334 battles
1 minute ago, Verblonde said:

Absolutely - the more interesting stuff in the game, the better!

+1

• Cool 2

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
13 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

The Austro-Hungarian k.u.k. Kriegsmarine was a thing. It just lacks the ships to go past T5 at most. But leave it to WG to fill in the tech tree till T10 with ships that never existed and likely weren't ever designed.

yeah you just have to spoil the joke with your historical nonsense :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
906 posts
11,126 battles

While not anytime soon, the pan-asian tree made a precedent - and frankly, a fair amount of customers are from regions with some degree of historical naval influence, but not nearly big enough to be represented by their own tree.For that, a pan-european tree seems to be a welcome option over more single-DD "trees". Plus you can change the flags in the client now too.

I mean, sh*t, up to this day I laugh thinking about that none of the "pan-asian" ships are actually asian bar the japanese. Contrary to that, the pan-european tree has more than enough justification. Those barges were usually "made in Europe" :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

Players
2,456 posts
15,503 battles

Hell yes. Lot's of awesome and unique ships.

My most wanted would be Romanian destroyer Regele Ferdinand.

vWgkcHo.jpg

Jianwei with Błyskawica guns and Duca d'Aosta torpedoes. Yehahaha!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,727 posts
9,234 battles

The potato people Danes will contribute !
http://www.navalhistory.dk/English/TheShips/N/NielsJuel(1923).htm

Spoiler

1280px-Niels_Juel_%281918%29_Plan.jpg

Fear the might of a 16 knot well armored coastal defense ship with a 6x1 150mm broadside
Literally the only contribution Denmark could possibly ever have in the game unless WG finds a way to work around the multiple main caliber gun design problem, in which case there can be a second ship.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

Players
585 posts
8,819 battles

Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark would certainly offer enough ships to create both a pan-scandinavian DD- and cruiser techtree with just about one third being made up of paper ships, mostly high tier of course. If you add the Netherlands, Greece, Yugoslavia, Spain, Portugal and Poland, this number should drop down even more. Of course this would also mean getting rid of the separate polish tech tree, which seems as unlikely as necessary to me.

The Austro-Hungarian navy would be another great addition to the game, but honestly speaking i don't expect WG to create trees that end on T5/T6 max. anytime soon...Which is a shame because there's even another constantly overlooked naval region that would be affected by this phenomenon: South America. I'd really love to see a combined tree for these nations. Brazil, Argentina and Chile would provide unique BBs and cruisers up until T6. If you add Peru, Colombia, Mexico and maybe even Spain and Portugal (which supplied the other countries with several destroyers), you might also get a DD tree up until roughly Mid Tiers without having to copy-paste US ships.

• Cool 1

Players
257 posts
2,686 battles

to be fair a commonwealth tech tree seams more of a valid concept with the likes of Canada, Australia, new Zealand, south Africa, India ect

In fact my commonwealth tech tree would look something like this a amalgam of cruisers and destroyers 

HMCS Rainbow From Canada as a good low tier cruiser (Tier 1)

HMAS Anzac From Australia would make a good entry level destroyer (Tier 2)

HMAS Australia Again from Australia in at (Tier 3)

HMAS Australia same name different ship this cruiser looks good at (tier 4)

INS Delhi From India looks good at (tier 5)

SAS Jan van Riebeeck From south Africa look like a choice at (tier 6)

HMNZS Bellona from new Zealand looks a good choice at  (Tier 7)

HMAS Arunta a nice little Destroyer from Australia for (Tier 8)

HMCS Ontario from Canada this former Minotaur class looks good at (Tier 9)

HMNZS Royalist From new Zealand looks to be a good contender for (Tier 10) 

• Cool 2

[TOXIC]
Players
1,413 posts
17,579 battles
11 minutes ago, Warhawk1984 said:

HMAS Australia same name different ship this cruiser looks good at (tier 4)

Really a County class cruiser at T4! No chance

INS Delhi From India looks good at (tier 5)

It is a Leander class why would she be at T5?

HMNZS Bellona from new Zealand looks a good choice at  (Tier 7)

HMNZS Royalist From new Zealand looks to be a good contender for (Tier 10)

So you have Dido class at T7 and T10. Well she is questionable at T7 but definitively don't belong anywhere near T10.

HMCS Ontario from Canada this former Minotaur class looks good at (Tier 9)

You know that Ontario has only 9 guns and is weaker than Belfast of Fiji by firepower. Even with HE she should be T7, with lot of buffs T8 top.

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,540 posts
6,887 battles

I would prefer, if they would hire more developers, so they can add all this stuff faster :cap_money:

• Bad 1

[VION]
[VION]
Beta Tester
60 posts
6,236 battles
2 hours ago, stewie533 said:

I voted yes. But I don't want tree see it any time soon. 

First finish the French and Italian lines. Then the Dutch (shameless self promotion, but my country did contribute quite a lot with the outdated ships). Maybe another naval power (commonwealth?). And then pan European for the remaining navies. 

Yes, I do agree that the major naval powers should get their ship lines first. This is also why I do not think such a tech tree should go to t10. Because who would seriously think Norway, Sweeden or any other minor contries could have the resources to build a ship to challenge Bismark, Hood or Yamato.

Players
1,107 posts
8,552 battles

I have to say I would like to see an Italian tech tree first because, despite all the jokes, the Italians had some impressive ships and it was only poor leadership that gave them a less than favourable standing on the naval platform.

I think that WG should concentrate on the major players of World War 2 and then cast a gaze at the lesser participants.

Wasn't Sweden neutral?

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
2,254 posts
2,948 battles
10 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

I have to say I would like to see an Italian tech tree first because, despite all the jokes, the Italians had some impressive ships and it was only poor leadership that gave them a less than favourable standing on the naval platform.

I think that WG should concentrate on the major players of World War 2 and then cast a gaze at the lesser participants.

Wasn't Sweden neutral?

They were. Although certainly well prepared to defend themselves if needed.

• Cool 1

Players
4,607 posts
5,708 battles
1 hour ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Wasn't Sweden neutral?

Well, it's not about WWII participants, it's about having a Navy. Countries like Korea and Indonesia (both in the PA DD tree) weren't even countries in WWII. That said, I do agree that WG should focus on major navies first, which would mean fleshing out Royal Navy, Marine Nationale and introducing the Reggia Marina properly as a tech tree should have priority over adding some minor countries that had a couple imported DDs.

Quite a few would also just be ok premiums in the wake of the Blysca, such ships like Yavuz Sultan Selim or so, which just has no clear predecessor or follow-on and pretty much would be single ships anyway, yet appeal to people.

• Cool 2

[CR-S]
Players
400 posts
19,381 battles

Another Pan-EU thread, i appreciate it :Smile_honoring: The more attention this topic gets, the more likely it is to come alive soon (TM).

A European tree could have a full destroyer-branch from Swedes alone, plus low-tier BBs from Austria-Hungary, a battlecruiser from Turkey, mid-tier destroyers from Greece and Yugoslavia and cruisers from Spain. And Blyska wouldn´t be so lonely in her tree anymore :Smile_child:

Even if you make Swedish destroyers a separate line, the other small European navies could fill most tiers with own destroyers plus some nice premiums.

• Bad 1