You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
robihr

another ranked thread

21 comments in this topic

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

this is my 6th season ranked and i have to say it is among worst seasons. and there are 2 reasons for that.

1st reason is that irrevocable rank is at rank 10. rank 6-10 is horror to play if you started later in season. all those people who failed their way to rank 10 are there to stay. at least in previous season when some people played badly they would have dropped out to rank 12 and created some buffer of them not failing continuously.

2nd reason is introduction of 3 cap domination and drastically dropping cap xp for them. in one battle that we lost i had 4 caps and 1/3rd damage on a ship and got second last position for that xp wise. in previous seasons with that i would be in top2-3 places in xp. so this season is encouraging people to play BB and damage farm cause it is best way not to lose a star (if you actually have dd that can survive for more than 5 minutes).

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,424 posts
9,420 battles

WG do everything for a reason robihr, just sometimes those reasons are so strange not even Stephens Hawkins would be able to make sense of them, rest his soul! It seems weird to have made rank 10 the irrevocable rank with tier x only form that point, wonder what their thinking was, as in the real reason.

[AMAT]
Beta Tester
134 posts
5,318 battles

İ disagree. This is my 4th rank season and first time i dicided to play to the rank 1 .

Reasons

After rank 10 no pre.ship players. its mean mostly  exp. players ( i said mostly , not totally )

No smoke madness.

Less dd bullying tnks to radar and long range hydros.

First time crusers can achives someting.i am a cruser player so its works for me . (İ love hindenburg )

Well if wg add 6 or 5 rank to a irrevocable rank it would be great but still my best season.

• Cool 2

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
40 minutes ago, principat121 said:

look, another special snowflake

you know that it is proper forum etiquette to spam threads on topic that you dont like. :Smile_trollface:

and wg needs to learn all their faults so:

"Repetitio est mater studiorum"

• Cool 2

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,018 battles

Was running MM Monitor for the last couple days while playing ranked, in the 10-6 bracket there are so many players with 30% or lower WR... I'm sorry bot those [just insert some swearword / mental illness here] deserve to fly the *edited* out of it.

But no, WG in their infinite wisdom made sure they *edited* up every single game they play.

Edited by NickMustaine
Inappropriate language
  • Cool 1

Players
309 posts
6,005 battles

Irrevocable ranks should be remove completely... The amount of donkeys in the 10-5 bracket is ridiculous.

But tbh the best option to rank out is to play a hard carry ship. For the 10+ bracket I played radar Minotaur, and ended up on a 68 percent WR after 90 something battles.

Players
966 posts
5,003 battles
Alle 5/17/2018 alle 13:47, wilkatis_LV ha scritto:

Was running MM Monitor for the last couple days while playing ranked, in the 10-6 bracket there are so many players with 30% or lower WR... I'm sorry bot those [just insert some swearword / mental illness here] deserve to fly the *edited* out of it.

But no, WG in their infinite wisdom made sure they *edited* up every single game they play.

This isn't always the case. Just the other day I had a Lexington on my team. 30%wr, 700wtr and the dude flat out murdered the enemy. Complimented him near the end of the battle. Don't know how he had those stats, but he compellingly outplayed the enemy's 1700wtr cv. 

It is true though that over the last five days a lot of special people have found their way to rank 10 and above. Much to my horror I had to realise that my wr is only at 51% as well, i am confident to keep going and push for rank 1 for once though. T10 is rather nice due to lack of premiums. Stalingrad may soon change this. 

[AAO]
Players
401 posts
7,234 battles

Remove irrevocable and add strugles. But it was alot easyer than t8 lo yang spamm season for me. R1 in 158 games. 

[SCRUB]
Players
1,580 posts
13,490 battles
9 minutes ago, Tekacko said:

Irrevocable ranks should be remove completely... The amount of donkeys in the 10-5 bracket is ridiculous.

I have just given up. I don't like to do things that pisses me off. Ranked is just cancer. And since WG has said that Rank 1 isnt needed for getting the reward ships anymore then hello more CB and adios Ranked. We will never meet again. 

• Cool 3

[AAO]
Players
1,925 posts
9,983 battles
Alle 5/17/2018 alle 11:30, robihr ha scritto:

all those people who failed their way to rank 10 are there to stay.

this

Was running MM Monitor for the last couple days while playing ranked, in the 10-6 bracket there are so many players with 30% or lower WR... I'm sorry bot those [just insert some swearword / mental illness here] deserve to fly the *edited* out of it.

But no, WG in their infinite wisdom made sure they *edited* up every single game they play.

And this.

Played a handful of ranked games yesterday. 45% shima's as far as the eye could see.

Wilkatis here can share his experience of my team's shima chasing him to I/J line all game, accomplishing absolutely nothing. Did he run 20km torps btw? (combined with the rest of my team suiciding when we had 2 caps of course)

Irrevocable r12 in previous seasons was too leniant to begin with. To make it even higher at r10 is beyond moronic.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,018 battles
Alle 5/17/2018 alle 14:20, dCK_Ad_Hominem ha scritto:

Just the other day I had a Lexington on my team. 30%wr, 700wtr and the dude flat out murdered the enemy. Complimented him near the end of the battle. Don't know how he had those stats, but he compellingly outplayed the enemy's 1700wtr cv. 

Any potato can get lucky and have the game of their life, doesn't change the fact that they completely screwed over the next / previous 99 games they played

Alle 5/17/2018 alle 14:20, dCK_Ad_Hominem ha scritto:

Stalingrad may soon change this. 

She has no HE, her AP is so high caliber that superstructure won't arm those fuses. Angle against her and you're completely safe

305s need 51 mm to arm - on a 19mm superstructure that's at least 74.1° away from perpendicular before normalization.

Alle 5/17/2018 alle 14:27, PzychoPanzer ha scritto:

Wilkatis here can share his experience of my team's shima chasing him to I/J line all game, accomplishing absolutely nothing. Did he run 20km torps btw? (combined with the rest of my team suiciding when we had 2 caps of course)

I've had plenty of games where a DD is chasing a BB (either me or someone else) around the map achieving absolutely nothing

As for that Shima - I'm not sure, but he might have ran 20km with torp acceleration. They didn't seem to go the whole 20 km rage, but I could see them from so far away that I never took a single torp, always could turn in or drop the speed to avoid them

• Cool 1

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
3 hours ago, Redfoxrommy said:

After rank 10 no pre.ship players. its mean mostly  exp. players ( i said mostly , not totally )

experienced players? you obviously didnt play much rank 6-10 if you say that.

58 minutes ago, PzychoPanzer said:

this

And this.

Played a handful of ranked games yesterday. 45% shima's as far as the eye could see.

Irrevocable r12 in previous seasons was too leniant to begin with. To make it even higher at r10 is beyond moronic.

i started with conqueror and could get top xp on condition that my dd survived for more than 5 minutes or if they actually scouted for enemy dd. but people just suicide or are in some totally useless place (eg. had one dd sit whole match behind island on C cap in North map before getting killed). then i switched to dd and i got useless dd and bb in matches. seriously i dont know what is worse.. having incompetent dd, bb or both.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,481 posts
8,025 battles
1 hour ago, MortenTardo said:

I have just given up. I don't like to do things that pisses me off. Ranked is just cancer. And since WG has said that Rank 1 isnt needed for getting the reward ships anymore then hello more CB and adios Ranked. We will never meet again. 

source?

I heard rumors as well but did they actualy said it through official channels?

[SCRUB]
Players
1,580 posts
13,490 battles
29 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

source?

Hold ill find it for you ;)

Edit: Here you go

Players
1,702 posts
11,402 battles

MM monitor?

[T-N-T]
[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,208 posts
9,597 battles
25 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

source?

It was in Waterline videos. Thay tell us about new "currency" steel and coal (similar to current oil) and plans that some ships can be bought with this new currency

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,481 posts
8,025 battles
29 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

Hold ill find it for you ;)

Edit: Here you go

28 minutes ago, Sigimundus said:

It was in Waterline videos. Thay tell us about new "currency" steel and coal (similar to current oil) and plans that some ships can be bought with this new currency

Ah ok. I forgot about that....

Welp now that I will get Black anyway when they roll out the prices I won't have to grind that much ressources to get the stuff i want. :cap_tea:

• Cool 1

Players
893 posts
8,670 battles
1 hour ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

MM monitor?

matchmaking monitor, a third party tool/app to see players' stats in the ship they're in for that particular match. For example, you joined a battle in your roon so it displays your stats in the roon. Helps you give a general idea of the level of skill of the players in your match although it has its flaws obviously.

• Cool 1

[SNUBS]
Players
1,300 posts
6,880 battles
3 hours ago, robihr said:

experienced players? you obviously didnt play much rank 6-10 if you say that

i think he means premium ships do not require skill to play. 

proves how mutch he knows tbh.

even tho there are some premiums that are too strong for their own good.