Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AndyHill

Getting to US CL tree from New Orleans (VII) instead of Omaha (V)?

6 comments in this topic

[POP]
Weekend Tester
604 posts

I tried to look for information, but couldn't find any so please let me know if this has already been answered somewhere before.

The test server patch notes for 075 note that the Cleveland will for a while be the only CL ship in the line, it's going to be a tier 8 and you will get it by playing New Orleans (T7).c5f341ac-583e-11e8-9d15-ac162d8bc1e4_120

However, the news article on the upcoming US light cruisers has the whole tree in it, including T6 (Dallas) and T7 (Helena) and instead of NO at T7 you actually enter the tree via Omaha at T5.

unknown.png

So. What happens if you're grinding to cleveland through New Orleans during the phase 1 of US cruiser changes, but don't quite make it before the phase 2 hits and you have a lot of XP on New Orleans you can't use anymore? Transfering all of it to Omaha might be a bit odd especially since it might be way too much for a T6 ship (Dallas) and what if somebody wanted to get the Baltimore (T8) instead and now all of his precious XP towards that goal is sitting at Omaha. The only fair thing really would be to automatically convert it all to FreeXP.

Do I perhaps smell an opportunity here? Or will we get spoiled too much if things get overly fair?

[BOBS3]
[BOBS3]
Players
416 posts

I think that is temporary, for the First Round of the PTS only.

It says "The first round will involve the original tech tree of U.S. cruisers while the second round will see the heavy ships replaced and moved." and "New U.S. Cruisers will be live on the Public Test Server for the second round of the test." so as the Cleveland would now be a Tier VIII they have to branch off at Tier VII for the first round. So they have swapped in the Buffalo at Tier VIII for round one and in round two it would be the "proper" tech tree as shown.

EDIT: And they have to let you get the Cleveland rather than just replacing it for Round One as that's what the camouflage for completing the cruiser collection is for.

[POP]
Weekend Tester
604 posts

A direct quote from the Public test announcement:  In Update 0.7.5, flag_USA.png normal.png VI Cleveland will be the only representative of the line of U.S. light cruisers. The other ships will join the fleet very soon.

That is of course at least slightly wrong, since Cleveland will not be T6 anymore. Also in the article about the upcoming changes the new trees are marked as "0.7.5 - 0.7.6". Furthermore, when someone asked about this in the comments, he got this reply from Tuccy:

Avalancat 17:36 the day before yesterday
What does 0.7.5-0.7.6 means? Another delay? Geeezzzz....

Tuccy> Avalancat 17:42 the day before yesterday
It means that we switched to thematic arcs ;) Not gonna fire all the powder in one go, especially as the change involves basically a major change in one branch and addition of all new branch :)

No delay, everything is proceeding exactly as foreseen.

[BOBS3]
[BOBS3]
Players
416 posts

Good points; I'm still wondering if that tech tree is PTS only though.

They have said that anyone with the Cleveland would get the Tier VIII version as well as the ship that replaced it at Tier VI (which would be the modified Pensacola). So my guess would be (emphasis on my guess) that in 0.7.5 they modify the main branch to include the Buffalo and give people the Tier VIII Cleveland (as the only representative) as well as the heavy cruisers of the same tiers as they have, and then in 0.7.6 they add the new branch for people to go along from the Omaha. Or possibly with the Dallas already unlocked for those who had the Tier VI Cleveland rather than making them play the Omaha again to unlock it.

But on the PTS nobody has the Cleveland,,, maybe... depends what they mean by Tier VI+ ships will be credited... so they have the branch split at New Orleans for the purpose of the PTS. Soon find out what the situation on the PTS is though, for the first round at least.

Hopefully Wargaming staff will clarify things for you though rather than me confusing matters by trying to be helpful. :cap_book:

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
555 posts
8,741 battles

Ooooooooooooooh, I get it, wg needs more time to rebalance wooooster. Well played.

• Boring 1

[BOBS3]
[BOBS3]
Players
416 posts

Ah well, I was wrong about the tech tree for round one of the PTS. Is still the same as on the live server so everyone does have a Cleveland, which in retrospect makes sense as that means they get to test the swapping. Going to stick to my guns and probably be proved wrong again and say that tech tree with the split at New Orleans might be for the second round of the PTS, so anyone who participates in that and not round one still has a chance to get the Cleveland. Hopefully whatever actually happens there will be no problems for the people affected.

Sign in to follow this