Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Dogeball

Cost of Tier 9 BB's

27 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[UEDV]
Players
1 post
1,632 battles

Hi,

I read about this in the archive section. Do people still find it very expensive to play Tier 9 and 10 Battleships,

I read the threat in the archive section and the general thoughts were that the top tiers were very expensive in order to keep a volume of people playing the lower tier ships so that there would be competition at the lower tiers.

This is fine and i agree it is good to keep interest in the lower tiers, however making the top tiers so expensive to play drains the pool of players from the top tiers, this also has the effect of keeping skilled players (not me i'm not very good at WoW) at lower tiers which in turn can lead to new players meeting seasoned players at mid-low level tiers and getting turn off the game feeling that its just to difficult to play.

I think people will generally want to play higher tiers in their chosen nation, it takes a lot of play to progress any number of ships even to mid tiers, I would feel that making the top tiers so expensive will lead to a lot of player giving up the game rather than playing 90% of their battles at low tiers and 10% at higher tiers

 

Look forward to reading what others think about this

 

Stephen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PUPSI]
Players
6,749 posts
Vor 3 Minuten, Dogeball sagte:

Look forward to reading what others think about this

 

Playing Tier 9/10 should be even more expensive than it is at the moment, and the perma camos on these tiers should be changed to have to effect on credit earnings and servive costs...

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
759 posts
11,582 battles

They already lowered the prices for maintanence after the battle and increased gains for playing the objective, which sort of was a BS decision on lowering the price, what they need to do is increase rewards for ACTUALLY playing the objectives, where it excludes doing damage from max ranges for BB at the very least. Now high tiers are a paradise for campers that still complain that its hard to gain credits there. They want a ''Reward me more for doing less'' policy.

What would be better if they had increased the maintanence x3 for ships of T7+ to try and keep the campers away from high tiers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,525 posts
15,525 battles

@Dogeball tier IX and X can be played quite easily and at profit if you buy Prem time.  This is the free to play game but needed to be funded somehow. 

 

This funding is done a number of ways Prem Time/Prem Ships and Premium Camo.

 

Prem time gives you that credit bonus to be able to afford to play mainly high tiers

Prem Ships have Credit bonuses that make you earn credits at lower tiers faster so can then play more high tier games.

Prem Camo(permanent camo) I agree with @Klopirat high tier or indeed all prem (permanent camo) should incur a Credit bonus as well so if there us a high tier ship you want to play a lot you can buy permanent camo and play the ship at a profit easier

 

simple fact and game mechanic is if you want to play for free you have to play low tiers to fund you high tier habbit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[EST]
[EST]
Players
834 posts
19,117 battles
36 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

 

Playing Tier 9/10 should be even more expensive than it is at the moment, and the perma camos on these tiers should be changed to have to effect on credit earnings and servive costs...

If you meant to write NO on bolded part then yeah, exactly.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
16,348 posts
11,312 battles

Since the introduction of the warehouse and selling all my old modules, I do not care about upkeep costs.

I just bought a Tier VIII, Tier IX and Tier X ship and I am still over 110 million silver.

Upkeep is cheap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
56 minutes ago, Dogeball said:

Hi,

I read about this in the archive section. Do people still find it very expensive to play Tier 9 and 10 Battleships,

I read the threat in the archive section and the general thoughts were that the top tiers were very expensive in order to keep a volume of people playing the lower tier ships so that there would be competition at the lower tiers.

This is fine and i agree it is good to keep interest in the lower tiers, however making the top tiers so expensive to play drains the pool of players from the top tiers, this also has the effect of keeping skilled players (not me i'm not very good at WoW) at lower tiers which in turn can lead to new players meeting seasoned players at mid-low level tiers and getting turn off the game feeling that its just to difficult to play.

I think people will generally want to play higher tiers in their chosen nation, it takes a lot of play to progress any number of ships even to mid tiers, I would feel that making the top tiers so expensive will lead to a lot of player giving up the game rather than playing 90% of their battles at low tiers and 10% at higher tiers

 

Look forward to reading what others think about this

 

Stephen

 

Think: you should not have bought ships above your skill level, they are not automats, they need some skill behind them to produce the dough, and it would seem you cant perform sufficiently.

 

Half your games have been in BBs, a few of those at T9, why should we even read what you posted in the first place?

 

As pointed above, learn the game in the low-mid tiers, then you may start to be able to play your higher tiered ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,359 battles

Premium camo + acc = problems sloved

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
891 posts
8,649 battles
2 minutes ago, _DeathWing_ said:

Premium camo + acc = problems sloved

^This. Sure it is a free to play game but if you take the time to grind to tier 10 then you should in my opinion be willing to pay a few bucks for it.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,308 posts
10,983 battles

Tbh I rarely lose credits at T9 or T10.

 

The major reason for me (and some other players as well I think) to play low/mid tier ships is because they're usually more fun to play.

To clarify: I mean that T4 to T7 battles are usually less frustrating than T10 battles.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
752 posts
3,140 battles
25 minutes ago, lup3s said:

Tbh I rarely lose credits at T9 or T10.

 

The major reason for me (and some other players as well I think) to play low/mid tier ships is because they're usually more fun to play.

To clarify: I mean that T4 to T7 battles are usually less frustrating than T10 battles.

 

Same here it's very rare for me to have a game where i make a loss. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,006 battles

It's far too cheap to play tier 9 and 10, they should be more expensive.

 

Prem Acc and Perma Camo - you need just 1 of those to start making credits at those tiers, get both and you'll pretty much never lose them :fish_palm: This probably is a big part of why tier 10 is so overplayed that tier 8 ships get f**ked by them 9 games out of every 10

  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
891 posts
8,649 battles
3 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

It's far too cheap to play tier 9 and 10, they should be more expensive.

 

Prem Acc and Perma Camo - you need just 1 of those to start making credits at those tiers, get both and you'll pretty much never lose them :fish_palm: This probably is a big part of why tier 10 is so overplayed that tier 8 ships get f**ked by them 9 games out of every 10

Damn right. Now you're betting off free xp-ing to atleast T9.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,184 posts
3,836 battles
9 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Since the introduction of the warehouse and selling all my old modules, I do not care about upkeep costs.

I just bought a Tier VIII, Tier IX and Tier X ship and I am still over 110 million silver.

Upkeep is cheap.

Thats a sh1tload of items in your inventory.

When I sell (few times per year) its 4-8 mil credits max.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-VIS-]
[-VIS-]
Players
262 posts
3,930 battles

Well, I like lower tiers more than high ones: 6-7 BBs and cruisers are my most played ships...

Also sometimes I only need to realx a bit and dakka dakka with tier 3-4 protected cruisers is quite fun :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,576 posts
5,698 battles
12 hours ago, Dogeball said:

This is fine and i agree it is good to keep interest in the lower tiers, however making the top tiers so expensive to play drains the pool of players from the top tiers, this also has the effect of keeping skilled players (not me i'm not very good at WoW) at lower tiers which in turn can lead to new players meeting seasoned players at mid-low level tiers and getting turn off the game feeling that its just to difficult to play.

These kind of players still make credits at T9-10 and even if they drop down to T7-8, where the money really comes in, it's hardly sealclubbing. If you really need credits, playing T4 or 5 has such poor returns, it isn't really worth it if you are skilled enough. So, for credit reasons alone, few skilled players will go for lower tiers. If they go there, then because they have fun there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

Don't know if it's been mentioned. Didn't read the thread. My 2 cents: OP you have 927 battles under your belt, from which 799 in randoms. My guess is you rushed through the tiers too fast and aren't ready at all in any way for T9. Get the F back to lower tiers and build up more experience before wasting your own and your team's games in the high tiers please. Not to mock you: I made that exact same mistake myself.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,165 posts

I rarely lose credits at T9/10 these days, but my play has improved a fair bit so I score better than I did, unless I derp of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
585 posts
8,793 battles

Using at least one of the available "regular" credit signals (= -10% maintenance costs, +20% credit income), even players without a premium account are able to average some small net income on T9 ships as long as they perform above average. Combining those two signals and some credit bonus camo (like the one you could get in the french BB containers...i got nearly 180 of them stockpiled...), one should be able to get through this entire grind (which after all is one of the very last ones) without having to bother much with premium account time or additional rounds in MidTier ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
240 posts
5,638 battles
14 hours ago, Dogeball said:

Hi,

I read about this in the archive section. Do people still find it very expensive to play Tier 9 and 10 Battleships,

I read the threat in the archive section and the general thoughts were that the top tiers were very expensive in order to keep a volume of people playing the lower tier ships so that there would be competition at the lower tiers.

This is fine and i agree it is good to keep interest in the lower tiers, however making the top tiers so expensive to play drains the pool of players from the top tiers, this also has the effect of keeping skilled players (not me i'm not very good at WoW) at lower tiers which in turn can lead to new players meeting seasoned players at mid-low level tiers and getting turn off the game feeling that its just to difficult to play.

I think people will generally want to play higher tiers in their chosen nation, it takes a lot of play to progress any number of ships even to mid tiers, I would feel that making the top tiers so expensive will lead to a lot of player giving up the game rather than playing 90% of their battles at low tiers and 10% at higher tiers

 

Look forward to reading what others think about this

 

Stephen

Get one of the premium ships via Missions or Events - use it to make lots of silver.

Tier 4,5,6,7 earn you lots, and they are good captain trainers (on the whole - Duke of York is essentially just a junkpile covered in ice)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Players
1,244 posts
15,656 battles
22 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

*Laughs in Missouri*Dhani.jpg.057d2fb7d1a1215c0f1be2f5a833d588.jpg

And they say money doesn't bring happiness lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,068 posts
5,943 battles
21 hours ago, _DeathWing_ said:

Premium camo + acc = problems sloved

I guess it's basically the same game model as WoT where in order to run a TX you need to keep some TVIIIs for credit farming.

 

As you posted using a premium account also helps (which is on way that Wargaming make money).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XTREM]
Players
32 posts
3,686 battles

I enjoy tire X more then premium ships at tire 8. Tire 8 is "fun" when u are facing tire 6 ships, as a BB you rule the world.

I have permanent cammo for my tire X and premium account, I make on average 300k-400k profit.

 

A triple A game for ps4/xbox or pc is around 60 Euros and if you play 100 hours you can say it was money well spent. If you play WoWs and have spent hundred of hours in game I think you should have the decency to pay/support this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×