Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MadDope

My thoughts about current season of ranked and WG in general.

4 comments in this topic

[-EXS-]
Beta Tester
1 post
10,686 battles

Hello WarGaming and hello fellow captains. First of I want to say I play WoT, Wows and Wowp and I have been playing all those games for a long time now because they are a great way to relax and play a few battles whenever you have the time. From a technical point of view games are great, fun and immersive with a lot of new content coming out all the time. Its good to see you are developing as a company and as such you have the economic power to sustain and upgrade your games all the time. However last few years I have seen you changing and modifying your games from an economic point of view and not taking in account about your players preferences or mental health. A lot of your content has been about how to make the most money, and I understand this since you are a company and have to make money to sustain your games but please stop ***** your games up!

Your latest ranked season in Wows is a clear example of someone making a calculated decision on how to make the most money, without the concern of your players preferences or mental health. Why do I include mental health? Should you as a gaming company even care? In coming back to this first of I'm gonna say what's wrong with latest ranked season and also make a guess to why you made those decisions. First of you decided to make it t10 and came out with the information with late notice. Luckily for me I had a lot of free xp and credits so I could skip a t9 ship, unlock and buy a t10 ship and play, however people who don't have t10 play like mad and start the grind so they could get a t10, buy premium so they get there faster or buy lots of gold to get there instantly. Also playing ranked without premium drains your credit reserve like mad. All this means you pay up or you play yourself to death if you want to stand a chance in ranked.

Another effect this had is player with no clue on how their new t10 ships preform (me included) are now playing ranked and if they play bad they don't get pushed back to t8 because you capped the rank ladder at level 10, where you start playing t10 ships. The consequence of this is a lot of players will struggle to increase in rank because of players who don't know their ships, and also have no sense of team play because if they get most xp they wont lose a star, so they hide and don't play as a team.

For me this has been very frustrating, I have managed to get to rank 6 with one star away from rank 5 and since then I have had a loosing streak down to rank 9, no credits to play any more ranked and no motivation at all to grind credits with my premium ships only so I can play a gamemode that frustrates the crap out of me. I was anticipating to play ranked because they once were fun and displayed some sense of team play. Usually it is because of ranked battles I come back to this great game but during this season there is none of that. So I must admit my mental helth right now is at a low point, whenever I think of Wows all the frustration comes back and probably going to take a while before I trust you again and invest any more of my time into this, once great game. I can bet you there are more people out there thinking like me, but hey at least your revenue increased.

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

If your mental health is deteriorating due to a silly game with toy ships then you need a break...

Step outside for a bit :cap_cool:

• Cool 3

[_OPC_]
Players
442 posts
15,436 battles

The same goes to t8s t7s t6s, just take a break ... like @Negativvv said it is not worth your mental health ... more ..  WG and your "team"mates don't give a F about it either.

There are plenty amazing things to do :)

PS. Take few months and you will be rewarded with a brand new premium or 3 :)

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
4 hours ago, MadDope said:

First of I want to say I play WoT and Wowp

I wonder how me having over 4500 hours in League matters in WoWS? Same for your other games

Your latest ranked season in Wows is a clear example of someone making a calculated decision on how to make the most money, without the concern of your players preferences or mental health.

Yes, the 1st season ever where we play in a tier with NO premium ships at all is obviously a cashgrab :fish_palm:

First of you decided to make it t10 and came out with the information with late notice.

Every season plays at different tier / tiers. You never get a warning about it in advance. That's exactly how it works

5 hours ago, MadDope said:

Luckily for me I had a lot of free xp and credits so I could skip a t9 ship

You mean, after 5.4k battles, of which you've played 4k in PvP randoms, you still didn't have a single tier 10 ship even unlocked? I can understand them not being bought (expensive & stuff, maybe just didn't like it) but not even unlocked? Dude, cmon :Smile_teethhappy:

people who don't have t10 play like mad and start the grind so they could get a t10

Good for them I guess.

And to be fair - same applies for other tiers. Ranked is tier 8? Some people don't have it! Ranked is tier 6? Some people don't have it! Ranked is tier 1? I sold all my tier 1 ships and don't have free port slots! Stupid argument through and through.

And, of course, if the last 2 seasons of Clan Battles weren't good enough incentive to get a tier 10 ship I don't see why ranked suddenly would be such a gamechanger :cap_old:

Also playing ranked without premium drains your credit reserve like mad.

I don't have premium. Ranked flag reduces service costs. There is a Signal Flag that does that too. Then there's the Clan building (docks) which reduces the service costs. If even that isn't enough you can mount a Zulu flag - I'm managing to run a slight (mostly around 100...150k per win) profit with those (and losses are still not too far below 0).

Another effect this had is player with no clue on how their new t10 ships preform (me included) are now playing ranked and if they play bad they don't get pushed back to t8 because you capped the rank ladder at level 10, where you start playing t10 ships.

Finally you got to something that actually is a problem. Good for you I guess :cap_like: Sadly enough you stopped with actual issues here aswell :Smile_sceptic:

and since then I have had a loosing streak down to rank 9

2...3 losses in a row = stop playing for a while. You didn't = your own fault

I was anticipating to play ranked because they once were fun and displayed some sense of team play.

Yeah, that has never been true for ranked. Not even once. Especially the teamplay part, now that's a good joke. :Smile_teethhappy: Actually no, the laugh is fake, only the tears are real

• Bad 1

Sign in to follow this