Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SDGsteve

Do you SUCK cant win want to know why

47 comments in this topic

[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,402 posts
9,539 battles

blaming WG for your mistakes never gets old :-)

good luck to you !

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles
3 minutes ago, SDGsteve said:

Hi I just posted this message (below copy) in the greatest achievement's post but though maybe This might actually help others , I see lots of posts were people say I cant win my team always sucks I always get bad teams WELL I WAS ONE OF PERSONS until I actually looked at the one person who could change things ME

Greatest achievement for me is reaching the dizzy heights of 56%  :Smile_Default: this week a struggle but got there, went back to basics @ 48% sold my T10 & 9 ships looked at videos studied started again at L1 Black Swan then didn't paly above T8 now doing fine with 12 x 19 point captains on my  ships up to T8.

A tip for all others who like me @ 48% blamed the game blamed others USED every excuse in the book .I looked at myself and my game play and attitude , now I enjoy the game a lot more and believe actually make a good contribution in any games I play , but still a lot more to learn and still a long way to go with a goal of 60% by the end of the year.

Sadly most of those @ 48% WR won't read this and another good portion of those that actualy do read this won't agree or take the same path.

Nice to hear though one more found the light.

Good luck on your 60% :cap_like:

• Funny 1

Alpha Tester, Players
5,335 posts
22 hours ago, Miessa3 said:

Good luck on your 60%

*edited*

Edited by Daxeno
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to flaming.
  • Funny 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,064 posts
19,648 battles
1 hour ago, SDGsteve said:

Hi I just posted this message (below copy) in the greatest achievement's post but though maybe This might actually help others , I see lots of posts were people say I cant win my team always sucks I always get bad teams WELL I WAS ONE OF PERSONS until I actually looked at the one person who could change things ME

Greatest achievement for me is reaching the dizzy heights of 56%  :Smile_Default: this week a struggle but got there, went back to basics @ 48% sold my T10 & 9 ships looked at videos studied started again at L1 Black Swan then didn't paly above T8 now doing fine with 12 x 19 point captains on my  ships up to T8.

A tip for all others who like me @ 48% blamed the game blamed others USED every excuse in the book .I looked at myself and my game play and attitude , now I enjoy the game a lot more and believe actually make a good contribution in any games I play , but still a lot more to learn and still a long way to go with a goal of 60% by the end of the year.

Some one is just trying to improve there Forum Karma rating....

Well its working  get a +1 from me Sir

• Funny 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
2,989 posts
11,460 battles
27 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

Some one is just trying to improve there Forum Karma rating....

So if we follow the standard set by actual game, we would all need to report him now. :Smile_hiding::Smile_trollface: *scnr* :Smile_bajan2::Smile-_tongue:

• Funny 4

[GURKA]
Players
5,212 posts
10,457 battles
1 hour ago, Miessa3 said:

Sadly most of those @ 48% WR won't read this and another good portion of those that actualy do read this won't agree or take the same path.

Nice to hear though one more found the light.

Good luck on your 60% :cap_like:

The problem is, that not everyone can get >50% :cap_haloween:

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
1 hour ago, SDGsteve said:

still a lot more to learn and still a long way to go with a goal of 60% by the end of the year.

If you manage to hold your current average WR at 70% (your last weeks 78% is a bit high to hope to keep it all the time :Smile_teethhappy:) it should take you 2795 games or about 12....13 games per day (12.15 to be more exact) and you'd get 60% overall average on 31st December :fish_book:

[NWP]
Players
1,099 posts
9,906 battles

I was absolutely terrible at this game (inb4 lol, was?) two years ago - with T7 premiums and max tier 5 silver ships - and took a long break, frustrated that I wasn't having fun. When I came back, my divmate who had played the whole time and had learned the game pointed me in the direction of CCs, guides, took me out and let me learn from him. It's been a slog but I got to 56/7% in the last year and am now comfortable with how good I am, but still striving to be better.

The trick is to learn. If you're happy boom boom failing up to Yamato and stinking up T10 games, you're always going to get grief in chat from those who are naturally good or have learned. Be a contributor to the team, not a liability.

• Cool 1

Players
4,025 posts

I wasted my WR playing Nurmberg for too long, because I was stubborn and I thought I could make it work lol

• Funny 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,801 posts
19,532 battles

Wanna know how I got good at playing CVs?

I played ~600 games in my Hiryu before moving up to Shokaku.

So yeah, you're on the right path. Best of luck to you.

• Cool 3

[-TPF-]
Players
3,847 posts
15,897 battles
3 hours ago, Miessa3 said:

If only the l33t were as good at maths as they were at WoWs. 

Beta Tester
289 posts
11,865 battles

I honestly wish I could be like the OP and dare to change.

I suck so bad that I decided to camp in pve for life. :(

[BS4]
Players
1,288 posts
7,260 battles
3 hours ago, SDGsteve said:

Its Refreshing to see someone who's actually bothered in taking the time to post this....

Had a similar journey OP Realised eventually that it WAS me and I needed to change how I played. So I can empathise there. Probably didn't help as a poor player playing the RN Cruiser line but I was so determined to suss them out I stuck with them regardless. Like you im trying to achieve a rise in WR to 50% and whilst everything else has been on the rise for some time, WR is still Somewhat inconsistent and as a Solo player I think these two are perhaps related . So I joined a division for the first time yesterday to see if this will help expand my WR through coordinated gameplay with other like minded folk. Lets hope it works.:Smile_teethhappy:

As others have said, I wish you luck on your journey in this game.

• Cool 1

Players
465 posts
10,471 battles
5 hours ago, SDGsteve said:

I had a similar experience when I realized that my winrate went up if I had the time to start playing t4 Isyaslav, then Ohotnik at t5, then t7 Leningrad... same captain. After that I can play any t10 DD better. For me its sort of a warmup. But most days I dont have the time so I'll just jump to t10 with mixed results.

[PUPSI]
Players
745 posts
2,504 battles

Yep, absolutely agree. Since deciding to take the time and the effort to improve, this game had become so much more fun too. I think always having stuff to learn and improve is one of the bet things about this game, even as a casual player (i.e. not able to put loads of hours in every week).

Hopefully I'll even have some good news to report like OP Soon TM, that would be something :fish_book:

[LEEUW]
Players
2,282 posts
10,080 battles

I think it really doesnt matter how many hours per week youre playing, as long as you try to improve and not make the same mistakes over and over again.

• Cool 1

Players
659 posts
8 hours ago, SDGsteve said:

I am doing something similar to you - I totally screwed my beginnings in this game 1000+ totally clueless battles, using FreeXP to race through tiers without a clue and playing like it was a co-op game against bots.
And now, very slowly, learning the game again and very, very, very slowly, raising my stats - I'm not overly fussed about my stats - other than an indicator that I am playing better.... but I am having to constantly smack myself around getting rid of bad habits and, most importantly; doing this called  *THINKING*!!!! 

Along the way, the thing that I am noticing more and more is where other people are going wrong - dumb stuff - and you try to help them, try to tell them stuff, and so very often they just don't listen.. but, still gotta try.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,769 posts
10,290 battles

I suck at this game..

One day I accepted that..

and asked for help..

Now I know what to do..

still cant do most of it.. and still suck..

But I am an informed and enlighted sucker now.. rather than an oblivious!

PS: Good job OP.. carry on!

• Funny 3

[PUPSI]
Players
745 posts
2,504 battles
10 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

I think it really doesnt matter how many hours per week youre playing, as long as you try to improve and not make the same mistakes over and over again.

Exactly this. Everyone can take that approach, no matter how much time they have, and doing so makes the game much more enjoyable.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,571 posts
41,016 battles

OP You have probably talent, just do not forget in your quest for higher WR to have fun, yes playing better and develop is fun, but do not be a player who only play certain ships because they bring stats.

The higher up you climb your number of games will drag you so to speak. As you can see I have double your number roughly and I am not interested in a reroll, my only realistic chance to play for better stats.

I try to improve but I have set other goals as a collector, right now getting 10 p captains at all T3 ships and above. Once I hunted WR , measuring progress with suitable intervals but as soon as I abandoned low/mid tier the WR has been rather constant, better in low/mid tiers on many ships that I like are compensated by less good stats at higher tiers and as I grind every tech tree it is many ships that I have endured rather than keeping my stats.

The curve thins out a lot if you look at percentages i.e. far less players between 58-59 than 57-58 (I look only at solo stats), but you are naturally free to do as you please. I know that if I only would have played ships that I liked and some OP ships my WR would have been improved by 2-4 %. But I have realized I am in this game mainly as a Warship enthusiast and not reaching highest possible WR. naturally I try to follow advice etc on various ships and you learn the maps etc but the collecting style of play is detrimental to win rate. You change ships and have less trained captains, now I have so many games that the captain bit is less pronounced, but if you play with a 10-14 p captain vs 19 it is in many both high and low tier ships some wins over 100 even if it is difficult to quantify.

Why low tiers you play with you left hand against lesser skilled players, yes you do but ships like Bogatyr, Chikuma which I have 19 points on are far stronger with 19 than say 6 p or even 10. 

After I have reached the 10 p goal on T3+ I would probably have the goal of 13-14 on each T8 and higher (depending on suitable skill order) and more 19 p (have many permacamos on T10 to get to 19 easier and some mid tiers also) on my favourite ships.

It takes a while but that should increase my WR also but more as a sideeffect.

But good luck with your quest OP! :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[RALLY]
Players
309 posts
8,128 battles

Nice post.  What interests me is the T10 win rate issue, I’ve noticed as I have got further in the game my win rate stalls at T10 and decreases my overall win rate.  I’m not overaly bothered by stats but as I play solo I wonder if T10 is a stat killer zone for randoms.

Players
4,389 posts
12,087 battles
1 hour ago, Excavatus said:

I suck at this game..

One day I accepted that..

and asked for help..

Now I know what to do..

still cant do most of it.. and still suck..

But I am an informed and enlighted sucker now.. rather than an oblivious!

PS: Good job OP.. carry on!

Wow! If you say you suck, I beat you by miles in doing so! I have oozed my way to current WR (52.4%). Coming from IIRC 48. My goal is to reach 60 before '19. (2119 that is...).

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this