Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Marydoll

Cleveland - Tier 8

49 comments in this topic

Players
15 posts

Was aware that in the new USA cruiser line the Cleveland moves from Tier 6 up to Tier 8. I see in the WOW  blurb today advising of the line changes in an upcoming patch and speaking specificly about the Tier 8 Cleveland it notes " Though Cleveland is not armed with a record number of guns, she benefits from their great firing range and rate of fire." Can we assume the present maximum range of 14.6Km will receive a considerable buff or do they consider that  14.6Km is a "great firing range".

• Funny 1

[PAPAT]
Players
349 posts
15,505 battles
12 minutes ago, Marydoll said:

Was aware that in the new USA cruiser line the Cleveland moves from Tier 6 up to Tier 8. I see in the WOW  blurb today advising of the line changes in an upcoming patch and speaking specificly about the Tier 8 Cleveland it notes " Though Cleveland is not armed with a record number of guns, she benefits from their great firing range and rate of fire." Can we assume the present maximum range of 14.6Km will receive a considerable buff or do they consider that  14.6Km is a "great firing range".

I believe that the 14,6km range is without upgrades. Thus, it will be improved via the gun fire control system. (at least)

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,248 posts
6,620 battles

14.6 km is the upgraded range of T6 Cleveland (13.3 km stock range).

But I can't remember if they buffed the range of the T8 ship.

Nevertheless, it seems that all the CL branch will have a rather short range, between UK and IJN cruisers.

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,770 posts
26,595 battles
7 minutes ago, Paimentaja said:

I believe that the 14,6km range is without upgrades. Thus, it will be improved via the gun fire control system. (at least)

For T8 Cleveland it is 14.2km range without upgrade. With 10% increase range that should be 15.6km.

[PAPAT]
Players
349 posts
15,505 battles
6 minutes ago, fumtu said:

14.2km range is without upgrade. With 10% increase range that should be 15.6km.

Exactly. Did not remember the intended range but yes, GFCS module will improve it by 10%. Then there is the aspect of not yet knowing what kind of upgrades there will be available for this ship.

Edit : Or will there be a module for the guns itselves.

Edit 2 : And IIRC there will be a spotting aircraft as a consumable?

Edit 3 : 

Players
309 posts
6,030 battles

Those ships are going to be absolute garbage to play unless you get a DD to babysit you with smokes. I don´t see how is this going to be a fun grind solo...

• Cool 2

Players
105 posts
7,261 battles

A line full of Atlanta's, find your Waifu Island sit behind it and spam HE, requires a team that cooperates to work, just like Atlanta.

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,470 posts
19,673 battles
9 minutes ago, snakecake said:

A line full of Atlanta's, find your Waifu Island sit behind it and spam HE, requires a team that cooperates to work, just like Atlanta.

Until you get a large open map. Something like Okinawa or Mountain Range.

The line will be good at midtier, with Dallas and Helena. After that it will struggle.

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,148 posts
28,881 battles

Anyone know if we get to keep the Ship XP on the Cleveland when she moves to T8?

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
13 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Until you get a large open map.

Ocean :Smile_trollface:

Players
105 posts
7,261 battles
10 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Until you get a large open map. Something like Okinawa or Mountain Range.

The line will be good at midtier, with Dallas and Helena. After that it will struggle.

As i said, like a Atlanta, because if she uptiered and gets into those maps she's a exercise in frustration to play, though these USN CL's have more range its still going to be rough experience. 

[NWP]
Players
1,099 posts
9,906 battles

I'm just happy for more CLs. Mogami 155, Chapayev and the RN line are all great fun. Seat of the pants, endgame fun.

I swear everyone wants a bunch of OP flamethrowers with no downsides.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
2 minutes ago, iJoby said:

Anyone know if we get to keep the Ship XP on the Cleveland when she moves to T8?

No, all the XP should keeps its place (xp is on t6 of the original line = xp will stay on t6 of the original line a.k.a. Pepsi)

At least that's how it worked previously, and it was said somewhere that this split works the same as russian DD one did

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,060 posts
19,559 battles
1 hour ago, Marydoll said:

111.thumb.png.03776f3540ecd6d197447cb2ac897ea2.png

Fully upgraded +1km

Reload decrease for 8 seconds  to 6.5 seconds

Turret traverse 10’ a second from 5.5’ a second

• Cool 1

[_HMS_]
Players
10 posts
1 hour ago, fumtu said:

For T8 Cleveland it is 14.2km range without upgrade. With 10% increase range that should be 15.6km.

Just imagine a T8 Cleveland in T10 battle when everyone will out-range you by min. 2-5 km. Win win situation.:cap_like:

• Cool 2

Players
9,842 posts
11,553 battles
3 minutes ago, HmS_Grimm said:

Just imagine a T8 Cleveland in T10 battle when everyone will out-range you by min. 2-5 km. Win win situation.:cap_like:

But... but... muh superior dpm

• Funny 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

To be honest I'd like to see people trying to hit something with those arcs at those long ranges. Good luck with that lol

• Cool 2

Players
4,013 posts
1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

To be honest I'd like to see people trying to hit something with those arcs at those long ranges. Good luck with that lol

This.

It will be like Atlanta with AFT back in the days. I will cry heavily.

• Cool 1

Players
9,842 posts
11,553 battles
12 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

This.

It will be like Cleveland with AFT back in the days. I will cry heavily.

Fixed.

I still remember those "17km range with 17s shell flight time", shooting things with that kind time-to-impact was interesting experience:Smile-_tongue:

cleve.png

• Cool 1

Players
1,420 posts
8,359 battles

I don´t know... I enjoy the Cleveland at tier 6. I don't play high tier battles because up there everybody are too pro and camps shooting from very long range. I even brought the Type 12 cammo (I really wonder, what will happen with it???). I don´t think I will play it at tier 8.

However, seems there must be a tier 6 replacement which should be exactly like the Cleveland is now. But then... What will happen with my Type 12 cammo?? Also, what will happen with Steven seagal (now John Doe) which I'm currently using with it?.

Overall, I don't like the idea, even if I get a free ship.

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,470 posts
19,673 battles
24 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

I don´t know... I enjoy the Cleveland at tier 6. I don't play high tier battles because up there everybody are too pro and camps shooting from very long range. I even brought the Type 12 cammo (I really wonder, what will happen with it???). I don´t think I will play it at tier 8.

However, seems there must be a tier 6 replacement which should be exactly like the Cleveland is now. But then... What will happen with my Type 12 cammo?? Also, what will happen with Steven seagal (now John Doe) which I'm currently using with it?.

Overall, I don't like the idea, even if I get a free ship.

It will most likely look like this:

-Cleveland moves to T8 with the premium camo, you receive an 8p captain for it.

-Pensacola moves to T6, you receive a premium camo for it and your Cleveland captain becomes retrained for the Pensacola.

-If you owned a Pensacola you will receive a New Orleans with the Pensacola captain being retrained for it.

-You will not receive a Dallas with a captain, as it is a new ship. Even though it is the T6 USN CL.

Players
3,339 posts
16,088 battles
8 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

-Pensacola moves to T6, you receive a premium camo for it and your Cleveland captain becomes retrained for the Pensacola.

-If you owned a Pensacola you will receive a New Orleans with the Pensacola captain being retrained for it.

-You will not receive a Dallas with a captain, as it is a new ship. Even though it is the T6 USN CL.

I am sure that you have described exactly what will happen. :Smile_honoring:

However, since the Cleveland is in the CL line then I think that players OUGHT to get the replacement at tier 6, USS Dallas.

Also, the Cleveland captain that has to stay at tier 6 and move to a ship that requires quite different skills OUGHT to get a free respec.

I doubt that either will happen however. :Smile_sad:

Players
1,420 posts
8,359 battles
33 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

I have a Pensacola too WITH secondary cannons maxxed (skill captain and modules). I use it mostly for play scenarios and I have lots of fun using the secondary cannons (Very useful for deal with the forward advancing dds).

IF pensacola moves to T6 with the same captain I will have a huge problem here, because you can't use manual secondaries on tier 6 (well, you can, but only gives a -15% dispersion instead of -60%)

[DC_DK]
Players
3,037 posts
31,509 battles
41 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

I have a Pensacola too WITH secondary cannons maxxed (skill captain and modules). I use it mostly for play scenarios and I have lots of fun using the secondary cannons (Very useful for deal with the forward advancing dds).

IF pensacola moves to T6 with the same captain I will have a huge problem here, because you can't use manual secondaries on tier 6 (well, you can, but only gives a -15% dispersion instead of -60%)

Your commander stays at the tier, only ships are moved, not the crew

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts

I've heard different tales of what you get, if I have every one of the current T6, 7, 8, 9, 10 USA cruisers in port at the line split which ships will I get (not that bothered about camos and Captains)? 

Sign in to follow this