You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Starkaddd

Scenario Editor?

4 comments in this topic

[ADML]
Beta Tester
72 posts
20,117 battles

Hello all,

I know I have only silly questions, but will it be possible one day to have a scenario editor that can be used (with all the special units, like transports, land installations, special plane squadrons) by an imaginative player - or imaginative players to create their own scenarios, historical battles, etc. I was imagining that it would after that be possible to use the training room to load that scenario so you could have fun with your clan or with random players without disturbing the rest of the game.

That was my second silly question of the day.

See ya in battle, captains

Starkaddd

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles

It would be an awesome thing to have but won't happen due to reality issues (good reasons against it).

- too low population to split into another (permanent) gamemode

- it would have to be a gamemode like training room that costs nothing and gains nothing because it would be too open for abuse otherwise

- due to above point there can't be any monetization for it or just a very crappy one (like paying for access) which would make the whole plan uninteresting for WG. (why put in ressources in when WG gets nothing out of it other than SOME happy players.

- no you can't do a gamemode with costs and without gains because either noone will play it or the ones that really want to play it will complain. (WG tried this with coop in the past if i renember correctly)

- like above not everyone will apreciate development time that ran into a gamemode they are never interested to play. (you can already see that quite well in the comments on events like the recent spacebattles)

- many more but those above are the first that came to mind.

[ADML]
Beta Tester
72 posts
20,117 battles
2 hours ago, Miessa3 said:

It would be an awesome thing to have but won't happen due to reality issues (good reasons against it).

- too low population to split into another (permanent) gamemode

- it would have to be a gamemode like training room that costs nothing and gains nothing because it would be too open for abuse otherwise

- due to above point there can't be any monetization for it or just a very crappy one (like paying for access) which would make the whole plan uninteresting for WG. (why put in ressources in when WG gets nothing out of it other than SOME happy players.

- no you can't do a gamemode with costs and without gains because either noone will play it or the ones that really want to play it will complain. (WG tried this with coop in the past if i renember correctly)

- like above not everyone will apreciate development time that ran into a gamemode they are never interested to play. (you can already see that quite well in the comments on events like the recent spacebattles)

- many more but those above are the first that came to mind.

Well, at least I can dream about it :)