Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Azrael_Ashemdion

Oh look, another one.

20 comments in this topic

[NED]
Players
2,047 posts
7,862 battles

Notser raises some really good points there and i agree fully with him.

Fixing the XP system is the only way to really deal with unwanted meta and reward risky yet team supporting behavior.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
995 posts
15,756 battles

Theres no cure for stupidity. WG can do all that and there will still be people who will play the same way they are now, even if there wont be any fee for maintanance after the battle.

Good points non the less.

• Boring 1

[BS4]
Players
1,287 posts
7,234 battles

God vid and Good  points made.

IMO The more New people start playing this game in its current reward system, the worse it will get and the harder it will be to eradicate poor play behaviour form the game...

I hope WG think about making changes sooner rather than later..

Beta Tester
4,702 posts
10,917 battles
4 minutes ago, Azalgor said:

Theres no cure for stupidity. WG can do all that and there will still be people who will play the same way they are now, even if there wont be any fee for maintanance after the battle.

Good points non the less.

You mean, like people who suicide in battles to spite their team?

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
995 posts
15,756 battles
4 minutes ago, AgarwaenME said:

You mean, like people who suicide in battles to spite their team?

Were all part of the same herd.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,663 posts
11,776 battles

Noster's video is... extremely naive. YES, there are ways to improve the XP-rewarding, but it's impossible to create "correct" XP implementation. No matter what you do, there will always be ways that give you more XP instead of being the right thing to do. In the context of the Ranked, it just means that the "top loser saves the star" is a bad design choice - even if the XP-reward calculation was improved.

Players
4,389 posts
12,087 battles
24 minutes ago, aboomination said:

join_the_herd_by_notepic4-d55o4xu.jpg

Will you stop defiling MtG please?! :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 2

Quality Poster
1,695 posts
9,500 battles

I started the surprisingly successful topic 

ages ago, in large part due to frustration with people not even TRYING to play the objectives. I have often complained that the capping system is flawed, has no bearing on reality and makes the game frustrating and unrewarding for DDs. I've also campaigned for historical game modes, which should now be possible in Operations at least. Regrettably, little has changed. Team play is not really encouraged, nor is it really encouraged to learn the basic rules of the game. This is noticeable even at tier X. Lately, in discussing this with a member of my clan, the phrase 'failed their way up' has been used a lot. This describes the situation exactly. Anyone who plays this game long enough will end up with high tier ships, even if they have no clue, or just no inclination, to play them properly. As someone who plays DDs a lot, this is a big problem. DDs can't flourish without proper support, can't cap in the face of smart/strong opposition. Leading to a lost game, despite the DD player being willing to risk their ship. Leading to frustration on said DD player and anyone who DID try to support or otherwise play for the objectives. Check my OP in the topic above. How many obvious points do I make there, that anyone who has played this game for at least a few weeks should know? How many players have you encountered that did not even seem to know these basic rules? How often are you in a game where one person or a few try to coordinate and other people disagree and split completely from the rest of their team, get clobbered, as in the title of my OP in said thread. Regularly, I end up in games with an AC split, try to point out the disadvantage, people ignore me, go their own way, we end up with a lost cause or a fight uphill for no good reason.

This game would be a whole lot better if poor play was not just thought of in terms of team damage, but also in not doing what is right to win the current battle. Such as BBs spamming enemy BBs and ignoring the CA killing their DDs. Etc. Etc. Etc. To anyone who agrees things could and should be better, maybe (please) use my other successful thread for its intended purpose:

If you don't have ideas of your own, then please upvote whatever you agree with, in hope that it gets traction with WG.

Keep pointing out things like this and hope it will be picked up at some point.

By and large I am pretty happy with the current state of the game, but yes, potatoes will potate but WG should not facilitate.

I for one would enjoy this game even more if people were in some way encouraged to play the objectives, or the objectives were revamped in such a way that a player always contribute to the overall game, such as in a deathmatch objective.

• Cool 1

Players
4,389 posts
12,087 battles
6 minutes ago, aboomination said:

Thanks. Now I just defiled my monitor. Through my nose. I ask you only once: don't do that when I'm taking a sip! :Smile_teethhappy:

[COMFY]
Players
1,366 posts
8,103 battles

But he is saying sth that everyone is saying for like year and a half. That the most rewarded thing in game is damage done and kills. He didn't discover America in that vid. *shrugs*

[POI--]
Players
483 posts
7,502 battles

Still no xp for contesting a taken cap, or defending it...
You only get the "Defended" ribbons for giving up the cap.

#wg_stahp_wat_u_doin

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
7 minutes ago, Infiriel said:

Actually there is. Contesting enemy cap for the same time that it would take you to cap it gives you XP. Same as cap resets.

Of course, exactly like everything else (spotting, potential dmg, stuff like that) the xp is so pitifully low it might aswell not be there

Players
4,446 posts
7,604 battles
27 minutes ago, Infiriel said:

You only get the "Defended" ribbons for giving up the cap.

#wg_stahp_wat_u_doin

I think those things do give XP, but the amount is pitiful compared to what you might see from a badly aimed salvo off a BB.  Capping XP IMO in general has been over-nerfed to the point where it's barely worthwhile anymore.

Players
216 posts

He's right and it's not being naive, you can win the battle for your team by spotting the whole game, and have a whopping huge potential damage by it, and you will be bottom of the score chart because actual damage is the only thing really rewarded. So the next time any BB DEMANDS you to spot!  tell him to sling his anchor.  

• Funny 1

Players
513 posts
5,039 battles

I fully support and agree, but I also do not believe some XP bonuses are as negligible as some have said. My base XP record is with a New Orleans, and it wasn't for damage done alone, definitely. :cap_look:

If I remember correctly it was a game where I was able to use radar very effectively, frequently contested/defended caps and had some good HE fire RNG in general.

Damage to ships that are capping should have a more substantial XP reward ratio, as with time spent capping. Cap assists should reward well, and general proximity to caps being contested too (maybe setting that as a correlation between being in a specific range of the cap and receiving potential damage?).

Some caveats though. Standing inside caps that are already attained should not be XP buffers. Far too many BBs tend to sit there with no firing angles on the enemy and also without getting any potential damage. There should also not be XP buffers for simply being in shooting range of a cap being contested. BBs can shoot inside caps from practically the border of the map. They must be actively accumulating potential bdamage. I am sure there are more caveats, but these are the first that spring to mind.

Sign in to follow this