Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
OddyB

Minotaur Captain Skill points

13 comments in this topic

[FMW]
Players
117 posts

I have just recently unlocked and bought the Minotaur, I have a Captain with 16pts 3 of which are not used. So far the Skills my Cpt. has are PT, AR, SI, Vig, CE.

The 3 extra points I do not know what to do with for the best with this ship, The Capitan is nearly to 17pts. I thought of using the points on PM & HA as I do not know which are benificial. Any suggestions as to where better to use the free points?

Thanks

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

I don't know if Vigilance is needed. I'd say no.

Minotaur can have really nasty AA with really nasty range so you might want to spec in this direction.

[FMW]
Players
117 posts

Thanks for your reply,

I use Vigilance for purely spotting torps early, not just for me but ally ships nearby

I would like to get the right combo, as a repec is at 325 doubloons with 3pts not used, although I would respec, I would like to be sure that I have a the best skills for the ship.

I would agree about the AA, however I am wondering if there is any better options from a survivability aspect

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

I agree with Tungstonid, I'd drop the vigilance taking BFT in its place, then drop 4 points in AFT, and last 2 - I guess either Jack of All trades for shorter cooldowns on all consumables or Smokescreen Expert for bigger smokes (basically more space to maneuver)

Also if you have Elite Captain XP you don't need to use gold for respecing :cap_like:

[FMW]
Players
117 posts

OK thanks, I run the radar modification and not smoke so this is why I don't have Smokescreen (maybe last 2 at 19pt).

The one thing I hope to do is use my Victory Salute camos (x48) to boost him as far as I can to a 19pt Captain 

• Cool 1

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
933 posts

Well, I went with

PT

AR

Super

Concealment

AFT

Torp expert

Last 2 will be JoAT

Players
9,842 posts
11,553 battles

I have PT, AR, SI, Vigilance, CE, AFT, JoaT

Vigilance stacks with Hydro, which is more than handy considering UK CL clumsiness when it comes to reverse-then-forward operations

[H_FAN]
Players
2,568 posts
40,831 battles
1 hour ago, CptOddyB said:

Thanks for your reply,

I use Vigilance for purely spotting torps early, not just for me but ally ships nearby

I would like to get the right combo, as a repec is at 325 doubloons with 3pts not used, although I would respec, I would like to be sure that I have a the best skills for the ship.

I would agree about the AA, however I am wondering if there is any better options from a survivability aspect

Stay alert if next clan battles gives opportunities for free respec

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts

My Mino captain has 14 spent:-

PM

AR

SI

CE,  AFT.

Not decided what to do with the last 5 yet, maybe BFT and Smoke Screen Expert.

I'm not terribly taken by Vigilance as I play DD's a fair bit and I'm not awful at guessing where and when Torps are likely. It's a matter of taste of course, I don't use PT as I assume when spotted everyone and their dog will fire at me.

[OGHF]
Players
1,131 posts
19,818 battles

Definitely  take Smoke Screen Expert, as stopping the Mino from full speed is a pain and you need to be able move around in the smoke as well.

[FMW]
Players
117 posts

Thanks for your replies, much appreciated.

PM over PT sounds  a good choice. (hate  knowing 6 ppl are actively targeting me)

I do like radar above smoke especially when I have the Modifications available, so for now I need to find out whether I can make radar work better than smoke or not. If not then I would maybe opt for Smokescreen as last 2 pts

If I do respec I don't mind at this point using Doubloons, as long as I can get the skills to work.

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
1 hour ago, CptOddyB said:

If I do respec I don't mind at this point using Doubloons, as long as I can get the skills to work.

This is probably the most important thing. Find a skill setup which suits your needs. For most ships you have several choices what you can take and what you can focus on. Even though usually the "basic setup" is more or less the same but can be tweaked and expanded to your liking.

[FMW]
Players
117 posts

I have respec'd  to

PM JoaT AD SI AFT & CE,  the last three points I have a choice of AFT or PT + Smokescreen, depending on how it goes.

Once again, many thanks

Sign in to follow this