You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
andrija_kaser_1

Awarded ribbons

29 comments in this topic

Players
15 posts
1,950 battles

http://prntscr.com/jhn78s

The awarded ribbons are blocking the captured zones as you can see. Is there any button that can fix this? I mean, its not really much of an issue but its a bit anoying

Anyway this game is awesome and pls reply soon. Thank you.

andrija_kaser_1

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles

Play on a real PC?

Issue lies on your screen resolution, not in the interface, try using simple ribbons or none at all?

• Bad 1

Players
2,169 posts

I think there's a mod in one of the packs that changes the ribbon sizes, can't say I've tried it, but it might be worth a go.  Aslain modpack

What screen resolution are you running? Pretty sure the devs assume that most gamers will be using larger screens which is likely (although I play on a laptop it's got a 1920x1080 display).

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
6 minutes ago, AkosJaccik said:

But it does not block the minimap.

47 minutes ago, andrija_kaser_1 said:

The awarded ribbons are blocking the captured zones as you can see. 

Reading comprehension FTW :Smile_medal:

Players
907 posts
11,126 battles
5 minutes ago, Juanx said:

Reading comprehension FTW :Smile_medal:

The awarded ribbons are blocking the captured zones as you can see.  - Yes, and you can get the same information from the minimap.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
3 minutes ago, AkosJaccik said:

The awarded ribbons are blocking the captured zones as you can see.  - Yes, and you can get the same information from the minimap.

So how does this resolve his issue about ribbons covering the capture points up top?

Lets not get bogged down on why would anyone play on a 720(?)p resolution to begin with, or not having issues with the chat covering part of the team lineup making it unreadable, 0% minimap transparency and small size, if we start really complaining it all falls apart ok? Stick to the topic please.

/end sarcasm

:Smile-_tongue:

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,367 battles

7 fps and that resolution... nice

Now I will know who will be afk in DD for one or two minutes. 

Players
15 posts
1,950 battles
13 minutes ago, _DeathWing_ said:

7 fps and that resolution... nice

Now I will know who will be afk in DD for one or two minutes. 

The fps dropped at the moment when i tried to take a screenshot. 

Beta Tester, Players
365 posts

How did you install this game on a Windows phone? That is the only explanation I have for that screen size and FPS.

• Funny 3
  • Bad 1

Players
15 posts
1,950 battles
37 minutes ago, TigerMoth said:

How did you install this game on a Windows phone? That is the only explanation I have for that screen size and FPS.

It was on Windows 7 on pc. And my pc is relativly old so....

[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,470 posts
4,556 battles

What a resolution is this, 480?

Looks like the resolution of my Amiga far back in the past!

Players
425 posts
8,944 battles

I would look at the game resolution and/or my PC's screen resolution too.  Plus if you do get it bigger you can enable ships names for your map too :Smile_honoring:

Beta Tester, Players
365 posts
1 hour ago, andrija_kaser_1 said:

Damn, how old? My games machine is 10 years old. I updated the GFX to a GTX 780 or something a couple of years ago and I run at 2560x1440.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,357 posts
11,171 battles

Processor, RAM and GC?

Possible solution is to have as less processes running as possible (i.e. stop the ones you don't need), lower the graphics, remove some effects, and increase your resolution.

Trial & error until you find a configuration that suits both fps and resolution.

At least that's how I did it; most (i.e. 99.9%) of the time I play Wows on my laptop (~8yr old) and I found a decent configuration that allows me to play decently.

The team lists is not something you really need tbh.

[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,470 posts
4,556 battles
2 hours ago, andrija_kaser_1 said:

Maybe your system don't met the minimum requirements?

Screenshot_2.thumb.jpg.99c574c2d7fa0a4725823ebd654f055a.jpg

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
1,484 posts
5,953 battles

First of all..

stop bugging the OP for the screen resolution, altough it looks horribly frustrating, not everyone can have a great or adequate PC to play this game.... Just try to be helpful :)

Dear OP,

Even the oldest graphic cards can support higher resolutions than yours,

I believe you use this because of the performance issues.

I can see you are not on minimum graphics.. try to take your graphic settings lower and your resolution higher.

You will see that you are having much serious problems, gameplaywise.. other than ribbons blocking cap letters..

[W-C]
Players
518 posts
2,665 battles

Resolution aside, and kind of a moot point... but is that a '2' i see hiding beside the 7 (i.e. is it 27 FPS, not 7)? Still not great, but... perfectly acceptable.

To 'help' with your question OP, I think there is an option to get your ribbons to show on 2+ rows (edit: maybe 3, haven't had that many yet  and then the video I linked does have:Smile_teethhappy:). And i often play on my non-gaming laptop at 1280 px. The more annoying thing for me is (in a recent patch) they changed the position of the chat/side panels so they overlay on these lower-res displays.

See timestamp in below video for example (vanilla client - hadn't got round to updating the mods). This was a game on aforementioned laptop, and yes, it's a low-res display AND 'only' 24fps.

https://youtu.be/kqQ487GhcLI?t=1102

Edited by Rusty_9

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
1 hour ago, Excavatus said:

First of all..

stop bugging the OP for the screen resolution, altough it looks horribly frustrating, not everyone can have a great or adequate PC to play this game.... Just try to be helpful :)

Nah, not interested in enabling someone with subpar performance to be in the games I may or may not play.

I can see the OP entering the game easy 2 minutes in, with everyone already in position, because I highly doubt the GFX card is the only issue there.

He does not have an "adecuate great PC" even for 10 years ago standards, the "a bit old" term is probably completely misleading and deflated.

Just try to remember, no one is here to please or understand.

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
1,484 posts
5,953 battles
1 hour ago, Juanx said:

Nah, not interested in enabling someone with subpar performance to be in the games I may or may not play.

I can see the OP entering the game easy 2 minutes in, with everyone already in position, because I highly doubt the GFX card is the only issue there.

He does not have an "adecuate great PC" even for 10 years ago standards, the "a bit old" term is probably completely misleading and deflated.

Just try to remember, no one is here to please or understand.

I don't agree..

I understand what you are saying, but your above message can easily be understood as elitism,

we shouldn't do that to people. Not everyone can have the same privilages..

and there are countless battles I've loaded late just because of client issues.. and did awesome regardless or even sometimes because of that!

Don't get me wrong,

Telling someone,

Buy a better pc,

dont play it on your phone,

etc etc.. is not a good thing IMO.. peole dont have the same conditions everywhere..

• Cool 4

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,367 battles
23 hours ago, andrija_kaser_1 said:

The fps dropped at the moment when i tried to take a screenshot. 

So your PC sneezes every single time when you take a screenshot.  

Players
846 posts
13,386 battles
18 minutes ago, _DeathWing_ said:

So your PC sneezes every single time when you take a screenshot.  

Considering the amount of background processes he's running, it doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

4 hours ago, Rusty_9 said:

Resolution aside, and kind of a moot point... but is that a '2' i see hiding beside the 7 (i.e. is it 27 FPS, not 7)? Still not great, but... perfectly acceptable.

To 'help' with your question OP, I think there is an option to get your ribbons to show on 2+ rows (edit: maybe 3, haven't had that many yet  and then the video I linked does have:Smile_teethhappy:). And i often play on my non-gaming laptop at 1280 px. The more annoying thing for me is (in a recent patch) they changed the position of the chat/side panels so they overlay on these lower-res displays.

See timestamp in below video for example (vanilla client - hadn't got round to updating the mods). This was a game on aforementioned laptop, and yes, it's a low-res display AND 'only' 24fps.

https://youtu.be/kqQ487GhcLI?t=1102

As for the screenshot, I suspect he may be using a 1280x1024 monitor, hence he'll need to tick the extra rows you mentioned. I've checked my older screenshots in the forum, when I also had such resolution (I've been playing on a CRT until a few months ago, go figure, and I still keep it just in case: these modern screens are unreliable), and yes, I had that activated, although I can't remember if I did it or it just was that way already in the config.

Salute.

• Cool 1

Players
15 posts
1,950 battles
On 15.05.2018 г. at 10:45 AM, Excavatus said:

First of all..

Dear OP,

Even the oldest graphic cards can support higher resolutions than yours,

I believe you use this because of the performance issues.

I can see you are not on minimum graphics.. try to take your graphic settings lower and your resolution higher.

You will see that you are having much serious problems, gameplaywise.. other than ribbons blocking cap letters..

Thats the thing, i have the lowest setting on everything.Earlier,when i download the game, it ran smoothly with 20-40fps, but now since recent game updates, the fps dropped little by little.

I also have another game installed(not connected to Wg) and 1 that needs to be installed aswell.

Now as for the screen resolution, yes i have set my resolution 1280-760 since my monitor is old like 13 years i think. It helps me to inspect the entire game area and be strategically quick.Ive bought this pc maybe like 4 years ago and never broke or shut down.At some point,graphics card is 'left to rot'.

Still im very satisfied with my pc performance despite the ''often'' fps drops. I dont quite remeber the name of the pc, but il do some search on it.

On 14.05.2018 г. at 2:23 PM, Juanx said:

Play on a real PC?

Issue lies on your screen resolution, not in the interface, try using simple ribbons or none at all?

I only have 2 avaliable resolutions to change, although technically, it just changes the fps increment of 3-5 rarely.

I use detailed ribbons so i would know what to do and when to shoot.

On 15.05.2018 г. at 4:40 PM, Estaca_de_Bares said:

Considering the amount of background processes he's running, it doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

As for the screenshot, I suspect he may be using a 1280x1024 monitor, hence he'll need to tick the extra rows you mentioned. I've checked my older screenshots in the forum, when I also had such resolution (I've been playing on a CRT until a few months ago, go figure, and I still keep it just in case: these modern screens are unreliable), and yes, I had that activated, although I can't remember if I did it or it just was that way already in the config.

Salute.

1280x786 and 1136x786 are the only avaliables i have.

On 15.05.2018 г. at 4:40 PM, Estaca_de_Bares said:

Salute.

Yes its 27 fps .When there are too many in-game sounds, fps also drops and sudden sound lags appear from nowhere aswell.

Surprisingly, i had 27-38 fps in training battles which was really interesting to me.

Edited by andrija_kaser_1
Forgot to add something.

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
1,484 posts
5,953 battles
10 hours ago, andrija_kaser_1 said:

Thats the thing, i have the lowest setting on everything.Earlier,when i download the game, it ran smoothly with 20-40fps, but now since recent game updates, the fps dropped little by little.

I also have another game installed(not connected to Wg) and 1 that needs to be installed aswell.

Now as for the screen resolution, yes i have set my resolution 1280-760 since my monitor is old like 13 years i think. It helps me to inspect the entire game area and be strategically quick.Ive bought this pc maybe like 4 years ago and never broke or shut down.At some point,graphics card is 'left to rot'.

Still im very satisfied with my pc performance despite the ''often'' fps drops. I dont quite remeber the name of the pc, but il do some search on it.

Ok then, thanks for the info.

If you bought your PC 4 years ago,

you are better than me,

mine is a gaming laptop which is 6 years old with a personal heater (A.K.A. AMD GPU), and I am playing on 1920x1080 resolution without any FPS problems.

You said your monitor.. do you have a laptop or desktop? using an external monitor with laptop may be?

can you share the specs of your PC just to better analyze the problem?

If you don't know how to do,

basically right click on to the "My computer" and pick properties.

The opening small window will give you a summary of your PC.

Just share that..