Orr_Attia

Fletcher Build

7 comments in this topic

Players
16 posts
4,083 battles

Hey so I looked at a few builds but everything is around 8 month ago

anyone got any updated good Fletcher build? 

Players
1,091 posts
2,423 battles
On 14-5-2018 at 4:01 PM, walter3kurtz said:

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1100000000000011011001000000000119

AFT is a waste IMO unless you find yourself using guns more than torps, which you shouldn't. Fletcher is a torp boat.

I use SI over BFT because of the extra smoke, but that may be obsolete in todays meta

I both agree and disagree with you. Aft is trash. Optimal gun range is only about 7_8 km. Anything further than that you can't really hit reliably. This then just increases your detection bloom past that of most battleships. And that can get you killed. I would even advice against getting the gun upgrade. 

But I also don't agree that the Fletcher is a torp boat. She's a hybrid. Master of all trades. The pinnacle of the usn line. 

Guns are good, torps are good. 

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
1,037 posts
8,916 battles
53 minutes ago, stewie533 said:

I both agree and disagree with you. Aft is trash. Optimal gun range is only about 7_8 km. Anything further than that you can't really hit reliably. This then just increases your detection bloom past that of most battleships. And that can get you killed. I would even advice against getting the gun upgrade. 

But I also don't agree that the Fletcher is a torp boat. She's a hybrid. Master of all trades. The pinnacle of the usn line. 

Guns are good, torps are good. 

You are right. Fletcher has good guns of course, but I don't use the guns as often as on lower tiers. If you try to pick a fight with an enemy DD in the early minutes you will get focused down by the red team. You lose half or more of your HP, have to run and don't get the cap or the kill probably. Fletcher guns get more useful in mid to late game when you can corner lone DD's and isolate other targets, you can even fall back on the smoke + pew pew tactics of lower tiers. In high tier games that is dangerous as well as ineffective. You also don't want to give your position away unnecessarily, you are better off relying on your torpedoes and only use the guns as a weapon of opportunity.

• Cool 1