You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Saffergun

Anyone else been insutled by WOWS yet?

15 comments in this topic

[PANTS]
Players
5 posts
3,754 battles

Computer crashed last night while starting a game. Received a notice of "unsporting behaviour" this morning with an associated penalty. While I get that AFK and leaving the game can be rude and affect fellow players I find it pretty lazy to tar everyone with the same brush by calling gameplayers (who are customers) "Unsporting" when exiting a game comes through hardware error rather and hence no fault of the player. 

Gotta be honest, I also find it pretty insulting as it's an attack on my integrity as a player when calling me Unsporting. 

As a ship purchasing customer I'll not be back, if this lazy approach to system configuration continues to cast false accusation. I also feel an apology is in order.

• Funny 3

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
934 posts

Players report u as afk. They don`t know your pc crashed. I'd report u aswhell.

And u don`t get this penalty from 1 game alone. This isn't a 1 time occurence.

Neither is unsportsman behaviour.

And u are neither the first one threatening to leave the game.

So for the fun of it. 2957.

• Cool 1

[PANTS]
Players
5 posts
3,754 battles

I'd be OK with a notice about being AFK, and being a pink ship for 3 games. It's the slur that goes with it. Calling people "Unsporting" is a slander if their reason for being absent has nothing to do with being unsporting.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

Were you AFK that game? Yes - intentional or no doesn't matter, penalty is applied

And the message that comes with it is the same standard message that everyone gets

[PANTS]
Players
5 posts
3,754 battles

"""And the message that comes with it is the same standard message that everyone gets"""

And that's the point. The message. I don't go around attacking the integrity of my customers and am not in the habit of giving people money for them to insult me in return. For the record, I'm not complaining about the penalty, just their way of addressing it.

I get that we all have different opinions and that you find it completely acceptable, perhaps I'm just a little more protective over my reputation. I've never had Sony accuse me of being a bad player on my PS3 or 4 and perhaps with my views am a little better served spending my money there.

Pity, its otherwise a great community, and a great game. Hope you contnue to enjoy it.

Later

Chris

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
18 posts
On 5/13/2018 at 12:20 PM, siramra said:

And u don`t get this penalty from 1 game alone. This isn't a 1 time occurence.

As someone who was dealing with a freezing computer last week, I know for a fact IT IS. I started two battles, right at the start of which the PC froze and I had to reboot. Because I didn't rejoin the battle twice (too busy dealing with, you know, HARDWARE FAILURE) I turned pink after the first one and then got put in limited mode (orange/red/whatever that color is) after the second.

Two battles. Two freezes. Immediately restricted to co-op battles only. No I don't AFK or leave battles early. There needs to be some level of tolerance here; if it happens once or twice over hundreds of battles MAYBE IT'S NOT THE PLAYER'S FAULT.

It's far too sensitive, just like the team "kill" detector which now seems to go off as soon as you even scratch a team mate's paint. I've had a friendly DD get way too close to my Minotaur, twice, trying very clumsily to give me smoke, and I ended up clipping him maybe in 2 or 3 salvos while zoomed in and immediately turned pink. That's ridiculous. I don't have replays enabled or I'd upload it.

[PANTS]
Players
5 posts
3,754 battles

Thanks for your reply. And I get your point. Mine however wasn't necessarily limited to being the only pink guy in the village (which I could understand), it was the insult that came with accusing me of unsporting behaviour. I've not played the game since and removed it from my computer. 

It's had me wondering how my own management would feel if I began to make unnecessary judgement of my own customers to their face. 

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,765 posts
5,290 battles
On 2018-5-13 at 12:29 PM, Saffergun said:

I'd be OK with a notice about being AFK, and being a pink ship for 3 games. It's the slur that goes with it. Calling people "Unsporting" is a slander if their reason for being absent has nothing to do with being unsporting.

Actually it has everything to do with being unsporting. You signed up for a event, and for one reason or a another failed to show up for it, no doubt having a negative effect on your team in the process.

My advice? Quit your bloody whining about it, serve your penalty, and move on for pete's sakes, goes for @BombsAway as well.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,765 posts
5,290 battles
Just now, Saffergun said:

Which I'm quite happy to ignore thanks.

Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you then.

• Cool 1

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
934 posts
1 hour ago, BombsAway said:

As someone who was dealing with a freezing computer last week, I know for a fact IT IS. I started two battles, right at the start of which the PC froze and I had to reboot. Because I didn't rejoin the battle twice (too busy dealing with, you know, HARDWARE FAILURE) I turned pink after the first one and then got put in limited mode (orange/red/whatever that color is) after the second.

Two battles. Two freezes. Immediately restricted to co-op battles only. No I don't AFK or leave battles early. There needs to be some level of tolerance here; if it happens once or twice over hundreds of battles MAYBE IT'S NOT THE PLAYER'S FAULT.

It's far too sensitive, just like the team "kill" detector which now seems to go off as soon as you even scratch a team mate's paint. I've had a friendly DD get way too close to my Minotaur, twice, trying very clumsily to give me smoke, and I ended up clipping him maybe in 2 or 3 salvos while zoomed in and immediately turned pink. That's ridiculous. I don't have replays enabled or I'd upload it.

Sry, but u don't turn pink from 1 game alone. But that 1 game could have turned u pink cause of accumulated "report" warnings.

One of my clan mates have an old pc, he DCs regularly With that one, never turned pink from 1 game either.

With so many DC problems there should be masses of pink players, yet it isn't.

Don't feel the team damage is to sensitive either. Only turned pink once in wows, and I've had my fair share of bumps.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,765 posts
5,290 battles

Also, one has to wonder, what is this "insutled"? :Smile-_tongue:

Players
1 post
4,954 battles

False reporting of AFK needs to be addressed, too many times this as been done to me, giving me a pink strike.

WG I am done.

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
934 posts
1 hour ago, Drimble said:

False reporting of AFK needs to be addressed, too many times this as been done to me, giving me a pink strike.

WG I am done.

OP has played 600 games after he left the game.

How many will u play?

• Funny 2