You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrConway

Ranked Battles Season 9 - Discussion Thread

244 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,274 posts
3,512 battles

Captains,

Please feel free to discuss, praise, rage and otherwise talk about the latest ranked season in this here thread!

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

Just going to say it one more time - ammount of games that have 3...4 players from single clan in them (often having 3 of them in one team) is going far beyond ridiculous. 

Either allow divisions for everyone or get something done to prevent this kid of rigging. Team of 7 random players stands next to no chance against a team of 4 random players + a 3 player division.

And no, reporting this to CS doesn’t work because “oh it probably was just a happy little accident, mkay?!” :fish_palm:

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
4,501 posts
15,942 battles
24 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Just going to say it one more time - ammount of games that have 3...4 players from single clan in them (often having 3 of them in one team) is going far beyond ridiculous. 

Either allow divisions for everyone or get something done to prevent this kid of rigging. Team of 7 random players stands next to no chance against a team of 4 random players + a 3 player division.

And no, reporting this to CS doesn’t work because “oh it probably was just a happy little accident, mkay?!” :fish_palm:

Really..? 3 clan members in same team often..? Don't think I've seen it once.

Players
2,831 posts
19,196 battles

- T10 is horrible

(shittty ship handling, longrange meta, snowballing)

- maps suck more specificaly cap placement

(maps create a split where both sides are basically on their own leading to RNG feel, also most maps  have to much "chokepoints" where people sit and snipe each other cause you cant cap till those camping ships are eliminated...)

• Cool 1

[AAO]
Players
401 posts
7,896 battles

It was different and for me it was easier than earlier ones. I ranked out in fewer games than last time i ranked out. 

There were still ppl who were not up to ranked battles, there were so many games that were lost becouse ppl are inpatient. 

There needs to be rework for the irrevocables, change it to struggle to stay in that bracket. This is how we can get rid of bots and ppl who troll cuz they dont lose anything. 

AFK/Bot reports need to weight more in ranked, if ppl can afk/bot like in randoms before any action is taken, it ruins the experience for others. 

• Cool 2

[UNICS]
Players
4,501 posts
15,942 battles
1 hour ago, Gojuadorai said:

- T10 is horrible

Are you playing bbs?

[SRW]
Players
162 posts
14,740 battles

From tier 10 forward it's a real pain. And I can say that in the name of my clan members too. It's one win 3 loses for most of them. Reaching rank 5 and then dropping down to 8. Not to mention tier 10 ships money loss if you don't have premium.

I understand why WG would make it like this, but overall it's bad for the players.

I play CV...need I say more.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
2 hours ago, R8dr said:

Not to mention tier 10 ships money loss if you don't have premium.

This is actually a good point that I forgot to mention.

I have the clan servicing cost reduction, I am running ranked flag for the same reason, I am running the signal with this same effect, and then a Zulu signal on top of it - then finally I can go at least equal if not make a few credits in a win. Lost game? Credits always deep into negatives.

You pretty much have to have PermaCamo or PremAcc to sustain yourself

• Cool 1

[SRW]
Players
162 posts
14,740 battles
29 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

And that's exactly why they made it from 10 to 1 like this. It's all about the ******* money.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
14 minutes ago, R8dr said:

And that's exactly why they made it from 10 to 1 like this. It's all about the ******* money.

I mean, a game in the Missouri will account for at least 3...5 losses, so there's that...

Just that as always it is the case with tier 10 - you have to either pay up or go to other tiers to farm some credits.

Players
123 posts
3,950 battles
5 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

This is actually a good point that I forgot to mention.

I have the clan servicing cost reduction, I am running ranked flag for the same reason, I am running the signal with this same effect, and then a Zulu signal on top of it - then finally I can go at least equal if not make a few credits in a win. Lost game? Credits always deep into negatives.

That's exactly why I'm stuck at T9. Without any sort of modifiers,camo or premium goods, you can skim with a net profit of 20k when it's a victory and you did significant damage. (Or high Base XP). You lose around 50k in worst case scenarios.

So much for being F2P.:Smile_sceptic:

Beta Tester, Players
365 posts

I think the best way to keep the bots from being carried to higher tiers is to have those players who do the least to lose more stars, something like this:

1. Keep star
  2. Lose 1 star
  3. Lose 1 star
  4. Lose 1 star
  5. Lose 1 star
  6. Lose 2 stars
  7. Lose 3 stars

I also think it might be worth, in certain situations whereby the player coming 2nd has almost the same XP as the first player, that the player in second place doesn't lose a star, also.

• Cool 1

[LEEUW]
Players
2,259 posts
10,033 battles
1 hour ago, TigerMoth said:

I think the best way to keep the bots from being carried to higher tiers is to have those players who do the least to lose more stars, something like this:

1. Keep star
  2. Lose 1 star
  3. Lose 1 star
  4. Lose 1 star
  5. Lose 1 star
  6. Lose 2 stars
  7. Lose 3 stars

I also think it might be worth, in certain situations whereby the player coming 2nd has almost the same XP as the first player, that the player in second place doesn't lose a star, also.

Let's say you get detonated in your DD. Kapow, you lose three stars. Good luck ranking out.... so no, please dont. 

Beta Tester, Players
365 posts
On 13.05.2018 г. at 12:04 PM, GarrusBrutus said:

Let's say you get detonated in your DD. Kapow, you lose three stars. Good luck ranking out.... so no, please dont. 

So you have one bad match. Are you telling me you can't earn 3 stars back?

Most good players will never - or very rarely come bottom, so losing 3 stars once in a while is no hardship for those players. I am Joe Average, and I reached rank 10 quite quickly and without coming bottom of my losing team all but once - and that was only because I quit when half the team yolo'd.

On 13.05.2018 г. at 12:04 PM, GarrusBrutus said:

Actually, I can see your point for those ranked 10 and above - especially when getting closer to rank 5. What would be your opinion for this system being implemented in the lower ranks up to rank 12 or 10? There will always be cannon fodder up to those levels so good players should rarely be bottom of the losing team.

[WONLY]
Players
420 posts
14,626 battles

Wasn't much fun from r10 onwards...and way too many hindenburgs around. exactly 2 of all the khabas i had in my games were useful...i'm glad it's over for me. one more season and i get the black, after that i won't play ranked again except they bring some new rewards. 

My Map ranking:

1. North

2. Hotspot

3. Warrior's Path

4. Tears/Mountain Range (both garbage and even more sniping)

[LEEUW]
Players
2,259 posts
10,033 battles
59 minutes ago, TigerMoth said:

Actually, I can see your point for those ranked 10 and above - especially when getting closer to rank 5. What would be your opinion for this system being implemented in the lower ranks up to rank 12 or 10? There will always be cannon fodder up to those levels so good players should rarely be bottom of the losing team.

Although I'm personally fine with that. People with absolutely no idea what there doing should remain in the lower leagues imo. But still it would be a harsh system, so still a no for me. Altough I must say I totally feel where you are coming from with this proposal. There are far to many people just spamming games and getting carried up to rank whatever. It's annoying yes, since your rank doesn't reflect your skill. 

Players
2,735 posts
10,310 battles

I'm happy with t10, since there are no "must have" OP premiums to ruin everyones day.
But credit loss is quite significant.

On the other hand, I've seen grand total of 0 games with 3 players from the same clan so far, and not sure if I've had any of them with 2 of the same clan in my 71 games so far.

Players
10 posts
9,186 battles

absolutely disgusting the way people in dd's and cl's can play ranked and be rewarded for unsporting behavior.
on a regular basis, a dd or cl, only need to cap and do some scouting for the them to keep the star. like the battle that i had now, where dd has gone all around the map to get to enemy cap, so he cap our position and theirs, didn't do anything, in fact he left a clear opening for enemy dd to come to our backs and torp. us. and after we lost (duh).

HE WAS [edited]SECOND! HE DID NOTHING O HELP THE TEAM!

wile on the other hand me in a bb, that on a regular basis tanks 150k dmg, and do 150k dmg back, can hardly be third.

disgusting.

On 13.05.2018 г. at 10:33 AM, TigerMoth said:

1. Keep star
  2. Lose 1 star
  3. Lose 1 star
  4. Lose 1 star
  5. Lose 1 star
  6. Lose 2 stars
  7. Lose 3 stars

yes, ffs, yes a million time. [edited]rusher looser that needs to win in first 2 min. yes, -minusfingthree.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[T-N-T]
Players
3,581 posts
16,393 battles
On 12. 5. 2018 at 7:39 PM, Gojuadorai said:

- T10 is horrible

- maps suck more specificaly cap placement

(maps create a split where both sides are basically on their own leading to RNG feel, also most maps  have to much "chokepoints" where people sit and snipe each other cause you cant cap till those camping ships are eliminated...)

Absolutely. Both of the points.

I'll add that it's the size of the maps that makes it very hard to influence the whole match and indeed usually separates teams in two groups (particularly with the Hindenburg I've often won my flank but the half of the team on the other flank got rekt without inflicting any visible/lasting dmg on the enemy there -> typically half dead me and some DD against 4 full hp ships no fun).

• Cool 2

Players
253 posts
17,440 battles

Don't know if it's just me, but my client seems to crash way more often in ranked battles than in randoms. Especially when "an enemy comes around the corner". I don't have that in randoms. From that point of view I am strictly against more AFK penalties.

However, I'm still waiting for the winning streak that gets me into the 2-5 bracket. My current win-lose-win thing is getting boring...

[CADIA]
Players
4 posts
3,745 battles

I'm stuck at 15th rank.:cap_wander: For now it looks like each 5 battles and among them only 1 victory, about two times I secure the star earning 1st place and 2 other something close to 1st place. Repeat.

Players
190 posts

Just finished 2 ranked  battles at R10 & both games had "coincidence" divisions from the same clan............  really struggling on why I am playing this game  everything is getting worse, quality of the player base (I am not a unicum player by any stretch).... Loads of children out on premium ships that they cannot use...... rather sad really.......

[REKT]
Beta Tester
411 posts

Got exactly the same top points and the game says the first two don't loose star. I did. Why?

Capture1.JPG

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
59 minutes ago, Seepheerd said:

Got exactly the same top points and the game says the first two don't loose star. I did. Why?

Capture1.JPG

I'd say it's rounding. Something along the lines of "you got 858.2 and he got 858.4"