Mydgard

Conqueror - Skills and upgrades

10 comments in this topic

[OFFC]
Players
228 posts
14,173 battles

Hi guys!

I bougth this one not long ago, but I am very unsuccessful  with her. WR is bad, average damage is not so bad and I have few kills. I didn't reserch 457's yet. So may I ask some screenshots about your captain skills and ship upgrades? I insert mine.

shot-18_05_12_10_12.26-0617.thumb.jpg.d88d0f14b9d80d69133f3af1647b17af.jpgshot-18_05_12_10_12.33-0028.thumb.jpg.2f86f324d98809d5ff98412117dcae99.jpg

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,718 posts
8,745 battles

The 457mm have NO advantages! Never use them. You do not overmatch anything more and you lose one barrel per turret. The "upgrade" is not worth. Stick with the 419mm for better firestarting.

Regarding your captain: I am at the LION with a 18pt commander, and I will put my last point into Expert Loader to switch ammo more faster, as people often underestimate Conqueror when shoting AP in the right moments. Fire Prevention as 4pt skill is more worth for a BB then AFT in my opinion. I use my "Jack Dunkirk" (modified) on this ships for faster turret rotation and shorter reload of all consumables. If you use a normal comamnder, I would have take High Alert insteat of JOAT, for the 10% shorter reload for your heal. And the heal is too important to not buff it.

Spoiler

shot-18_05.12_11_27.53-0022.thumb.jpg.d566546a44a5f05c2727938908846572.jpg

But if you what some more gameplay tips, I would highly suggest that you upload and share a recent replay. Then more experienced player could better help.

[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,387 posts
7,987 battles

Using Jack Dunkirk captain for her with these perks 

KkfGJHh.png

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,644 posts
10,081 battles

ConqSetit.thumb.jpg.6db1144780764db87ee8e13e3895649f.jpg

Added the combat signals, which are imo important. Fire duration signal (India Yankee) could be dropped, but you want November Foxtrot (consumable reload boost) and India Delta (healing boost).

JoAT only for J. Dunkirk, otherwise High Alert (faster damage control reload) as said above.

Players
4,389 posts
12,087 battles

My trick for Monqueror is to know when to stop being a supporting HE spammer on the "1.5-ish" line and start to brawl. Now, my stats aren't legendary as well to make that straight. But I think it's a hell of an all rounder. I agree: the  457's are a gimmick. I researched them because I had enough XP on the ship. So why not? But I won't buy them any time soon.

My playstyle (not saying THE style) is to be a HE spammer in the opening and mid phase. When the situation requires it: go in and brawl. The AP shells are amazing too. Heck I'd pick a close one on one with a Curry anytime. He'd have to sink 2 Conquerors with the monster heal. Pressing T will print me another ship easily. Also nice trick: bait them into believing you're a HE spammer all the way: make a HE shot when they give you full broadside but click "2" once for the next AP salvo....

The only weakness of C is being focused out. That goes for all ships but especially for C. When the second neuron is starting to fire with the reds and they focus you out you're done.

TL:DR. Spam HE in the beginning: harvest dmg. Either continue to do so or go in hard.

[JUNK]
[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,932 posts
8,397 battles

Pretty straight forward http://bit.ly/2rEl43E

never use 457mm tho. The only overmatch you get is vs some tier 10 cruisers. The pen is hardly any better due to 457mm gun being modeled of a very old interwar gun as opposed to the late war design of the 419mm gun. The dispersion is only about effectively 10% better at long range only. In return you lose 33% of your gunpower. Absolutely not worth it.

Players
21 posts
3,537 battles

If the 457mms had 2.2 sigma and better velocity they'd probably be worth it. Or normal fuse AP.

As they are, it feels like playing Hood all over again - they can't do much against BBs, they aren't that accurate and can't even citadel broadside cruisers reliably as a result, they don't fire fast and their HE doesn't come close to making up for it.

Players
185 posts
5,333 battles

Hi All

Just to bring this topic alive again, I have read all the above but seeing that the 457mm have a sigma of 2.0 against the 1.8 of the 419mm's, doesn't that balance out the loss of 1/4 of your firepower?  Also the 457 turrets are much better armoured making losing a turret much less likely, yes the dpm will have reduced considerably but that only presumes you actually hit the target (RNG Gods have to love you a bit) but with a better sigma, I would hope that you get a better hit ratio that would make up for the loss in dpm?

Thoughts?

Kind Regards

SKWK

PS - I sold my 457's after reading so much trash about them but my stats (yes please tell me how bad I am :Smile_sad:) in the Conq suck.

PPS - Only 14 games in randoms recently, been in ranked mostly or working away in Scotland with poor Wi-Fi

[CQC]
Beta Tester
66 posts
5,725 battles
On 30.8.2018 at 10:24 AM, Soft_Kitty_Warm_Kitty said:

Hi All

Just to bring this topic alive again, I have read all the above but seeing that the 457mm have a sigma of 2.0 against the 1.8 of the 419mm's, doesn't that balance out the loss of 1/4 of your firepower?  Also the 457 turrets are much better armoured making losing a turret much less likely, yes the dpm will have reduced considerably but that only presumes you actually hit the target (RNG Gods have to love you a bit) but with a better sigma, I would hope that you get a better hit ratio that would make up for the loss in dpm?

Thoughts?

Kind Regards

SKWK

PS - I sold my 457's after reading so much trash about them but my stats (yes please tell me how bad I am :Smile_sad:) in the Conq suck.

PPS - Only 14 games in randoms recently, been in ranked mostly or working away in Scotland with poor Wi-Fi

it doesnt. i tried it multiple times in training and random battles.

the sigma is nearly not noticeable except you are back seating on the edge of the map (even than nearly no change).

Also, all your generall gun stats drop or stay the same.

E.G.:

your shell damage increases , your salvo damage decreases

your dispersion is the same (except the micro change in sigma)

your shell volume drops alot (12 to 8 shells)

you basically hit worse because less shell hit in the end, even if per shell it is a change of around 600 per shell

simple said ... the 457 are worse than the 419, except on the per shell damage. The only thing you get is slightly higher per shell damage and a slightly higher sigma, while everything else is exactly the same as the 419mm..... and all that for the cost of 4 barrels

i sadly deleted a few months back a few statistics i made in the trainings room by accident , but the sigma was nearly not noticeable (i think something like 1-2 shells hit more per 10 salvos?) but way less damage because less hit. Also it takes way longer to kill the enemy, same reload afterall, usually i needed like 2-4 salvos more.

and because of the higher Firechance (some people i know tend to say that might be usefull), that actually makes no difference and is actually worse. With the more shells hitting of the 419mm i cover more space on the ship and multiple tries for a fire (afterall each shell counts) while with the 457mm you have to be lucky that the 1-3 shells that actually hit will cause a fire.

you could think against cruisers at least it could be better... but it isnt, you actually get more overpens if you use the 457mm, because the actually priming thicknes jumps up quite a bit, meaning you have to shoot at the cruiser even more angled .... wich usually causes you to hit with even less shells, because your dispersion is still the broadside of a BB.. just on the front site of a cruiser, with 8 shells instead of 12.

PS: i only just read that you also wrote about the armor of the turrets... while yes, they are bigger, but since the turret hp increase in generall a destruction is really really rare. Also the faces are literally flat, you notice nearly no difference, most turret malefunctions you get are from the inside, because the 32mm bring nearly no protection for the lift inside.

PSS: i suck in the conquerer because i try to play it aggressivly and than get killed because the other BBs are usually 10-20km behind me, not helping, and cruisers/DDs eat you for breakfest if there is more than one. Only lucky part is that you can quite easily devestate cruiser with the shorter fusetime or using your Anti-Cruiser HE. Seriously, against cruisers the conquerer is a beast, AP with very high pen chance because it wont overpen the citadell usually, and HE that will cripple him with high damage and modular destruction... most people just dont notice the effektivness because they shoot from the furthest range possible... and the conquerers hit rate on range is... horrible..  and they like to farm high damage numbers on BBs instead of percent on CAs/CLs

• Cool 1

Players
185 posts
5,333 battles
2 hours ago, Tamago said:

it doesnt. i tried it multiple times in training and random battles.

the sigma is nearly not noticeable except you are back seating on the edge of the map (even than nearly no change).

Also, all your generall gun stats drop or stay the same.

E.G.:

your shell damage increases , your salvo damage decreases

your dispersion is the same (except the micro change in sigma)

your shell volume drops alot (12 to 8 shells)

you basically hit worse because less shell hit in the end, even if per shell it is a change of around 600 per shell

simple said ... the 457 are worse than the 419, except on the per shell damage. The only thing you get is slightly higher per shell damage and a slightly higher sigma, while everything else is exactly the same as the 419mm..... and all that for the cost of 4 barrels

i sadly deleted a few months back a few statistics i made in the trainings room by accident , but the sigma was nearly not noticeable (i think something like 1-2 shells hit more per 10 salvos?) but way less damage because less hit. Also it takes way longer to kill the enemy, same reload afterall, usually i needed like 2-4 salvos more.

and because of the higher Firechance (some people i know tend to say that might be usefull), that actually makes no difference and is actually worse. With the more shells hitting of the 419mm i cover more space on the ship and multiple tries for a fire (afterall each shell counts) while with the 457mm you have to be lucky that the 1-3 shells that actually hit will cause a fire.

you could think against cruisers at least it could be better... but it isnt, you actually get more overpens if you use the 457mm, because the actually priming thicknes jumps up quite a bit, meaning you have to shoot at the cruiser even more angled .... wich usually causes you to hit with even less shells, because your dispersion is still the broadside of a BB.. just on the front site of a cruiser, with 8 shells instead of 12.

PS: i only just read that you also wrote about the armor of the turrets... while yes, they are bigger, but since the turret hp increase in generall a destruction is really really rare. Also the faces are literally flat, you notice nearly no difference, most turret malefunctions you get are from the inside, because the 32mm bring nearly no protection for the lift inside.

PSS: i suck in the conquerer because i try to play it aggressivly and than get killed because the other BBs are usually 10-20km behind me, not helping, and cruisers/DDs eat you for breakfest if there is more than one. Only lucky part is that you can quite easily devestate cruiser with the shorter fusetime or using your Anti-Cruiser HE. Seriously, against cruisers the conquerer is a beast, AP with very high pen chance because it wont overpen the citadell usually, and HE that will cripple him with high damage and modular destruction... most people just dont notice the effektivness because they shoot from the furthest range possible... and the conquerers hit rate on range is... horrible..  and they like to farm high damage numbers on BBs instead of percent on CAs/CLs

Thanks for the input, I will save myself 2,000,000 credits and not rebuy the 457's :Smile_great::Smile_coin: