Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Migantium_Mashum

Strange issue in Bogue.

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
2,159 posts

I have played my Bogue twice today and have encountered the same problem each time when the game ends. The game seems to freeze when the results page shows. I cannot see the team score, damage details or credit or XP results. I cannot exit to port, I cannot close the game and the game just hangs. Each time the only way to resolve is ctrl+alt+delete and close the program via task manager... I would welcome any suggestions as to what is happening?

On the screenshots this is the only page I can view...beyond this I can do nothing.

This only happens in my Bogue and affects no other ship..

Screenshot (46).png

Screenshot (48).png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

CV UI tends to be far worse than anything else, but this takes it to the next level :cap_yes: Any heavy FPS drops in the game just before the crash?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,159 posts
9 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

CV UI tends to be far worse than anything else, but this takes it to the next level :cap_yes: Any heavy FPS drops in the game just before the crash?

Nothing, in game it is fine and I have no lag. The game runs fine until the credits then it is as I described...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,389 posts
12,087 battles

My strong advice: don't play CV's at all. Never ever. Go either play WoWp or do a RTS game. But stop ruining peoples fun in this otherwise IMO very nice game.

  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts

Sorry for the list of questions below.

 

Is this Bogue specific or do you have another CV where it also happens?

Running any mods?

Is it just happening in Randoms, or also effects COOP and the Training Room?

Tried starting the game in "Safe Mode" from the game centre? (little down arrow as part of the Play button}

Tried the Check and Repair tool in the game centre? (Game Settings button under the ALL GAMES tab)

Rebooted your PC? (Dumb one I know, but can't hurt to try)

 

That would be my starting point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,420 posts
8,330 battles

There are bugs in CV UI (planes becoming silent without reason and the waypoint  set when selecting a target for the carrier) which happens since 4 and SIX versions ago... Don't be surprised if you have the same bug for another 3 - 6 versions more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
513 posts
5,039 battles

Nice sneaky brag post. :Smile_hiding:

 

Btw, you have elite status on the Bogue, so you have the Independence. Any particular reason why you choose to sail the last auto drop CV in the line? :Smile_glasses:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts
20 minutes ago, EgyptOverseer said:

Nice sneaky brag post. :Smile_hiding:

 

Btw, you have elite status on the Bogue, so you have the Independence. Any particular reason why you choose to sail the last auto drop CV in the line? :Smile_glasses:

Could be any or all of:-

Really likes the ship

Not willing to spend the silver on T6

Enjoys T5 seal clubbing

Trying to train up a Captain on a ship he likes and understands

Doesn't care about manual drops

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,770 posts
19,427 battles
4 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

But stop ruining peoples fun in this otherwise IMO very nice game.

 

If you're so intent of stopping people to ruin someone's fun in a PvP game, how about you just don't play it then?

- shooting at somebody? Ruins his fun

- spotting someone? Ruins his fun

- just sailing around as an exp pinata? Ruins the fun of your team

 

So yeah, the only way to avoid hurting someone in this or in any PvP game is to stop playing it.

Go follow your own advice.

Stop ruining people's fun.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,389 posts
12,087 battles
20 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

 

If you're so intent of stopping people to ruin someone's fun in a PvP game, how about you just don't play it then?

- shooting at somebody? Ruins his fun

- spotting someone? Ruins his fun

- just sailing around as an exp pinata? Ruins the fun of your team

 

So yeah, the only way to avoid hurting someone in this or in any PvP game is to stop playing it.

Go follow your own advice.

Stop ruining people's fun.

Lol. Your words mean a lot for me. The thing is, to quote Jingles, there are a handful of players who know how to properly play a CV. The rest of which I see are utterly bad in doing so: putting their planes all around the bordermap, attacking the most heavy AA ship in that match, letting Torp/ bomber squads fly by within 20 m of their fighters no matter how much you ping, are damage whores and don't scout anything. Could go forever with examples. And that's the group who aren't AFK in the first place. I have nothing personal against CV players. I'm more than sick of being on the "trash CV player's side" over and over again while this ship has by far the greatest impact in the whole game. I met @xXx_Blogis_xXx playing a in some matches, of course against me, a couple of times and he/ she (?) wrecked me in a marvelous way while my CV was drooling, windowlicking and rolling his/ her face on the keyboard. Not wanting to draw the stat card so much, and realizing mine suck as well, those of OP doesn't reassure me at all. So every windowlicker who wants to play CV: please don't. That's my message.

Also, assuming the POV the CV has the biggest impact on the game it's so thrilling to be the enemy's First Blood victim with all your flags, cammo and premium consumables strapped on, getting an "unsuccessful battle" just because RNG-us decides to spawn you on the most isolated place on the map in which grouping with your fleet in time is impossible in this universe.

 

Anyways: if my opinion is hurting you I couldn't care less. That's your choice. And no I'm not feeling fun-ruined when someone is shooting at me. Heck I got 1 shot full health y'day because I screwed up. That was a LMAO moment for me.

 

Sorry for the wall of txt. To close up: I'm curious to the coming remake of CV's... Heck I might pick it up myself. Because I qualify myself even below said trash group regarding CV play. So indeed: I did take my own advice and haven't touched them sor over a year and a half. I don't want to ruin other players' fun with my incompetence. And where does my incompetence come from? I hear you: "Ferry, you need to practice more. You only have 80 CV battles under your belt, and statwise it isn't even that freaking horrible (no stuff of legend by far, but there is potential there)." That's because I find the gameplay so horrifically dull and stupid. Heck I'll play a proper RTS or a flight simulator anytime over this amateur mouse clicking horror anytime. I don't have the slightest feeling I'm playing Wows in this abominations.

 

edit: TL:DR. Please don't play CV. I wrote my arguments why not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,770 posts
19,427 battles
48 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

The thing is, to quote Jingles, there are a handful of players who know how to properly play a CV.

 

There are a handful of players who know how to play the game in general.

Yet I don't see you telling people to stop playing DDs because you auto lost a game due to your DDs being trash.

Or stop playing BBs because you auto lost a game due to almost every BB camping at the map border.

 

Both happen way more often than getting stomped by skilled CVs and in fact are much harder to compensate for than a trash CV player.

 

48 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

I'm more than sick of being on the "trash CV player's side" over and over again while this ship has by far the greatest impact in the whole game.

 

And the reason why they have by far the greatest impact is because everyone else is trash.

But I don't see you telling every trash player to stop playing either.

 

48 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

it's so thrilling to be the enemy's First Blood victim with all your flags, cammo and premium consumables strapped on, getting an "unsuccessful battle" just because RNG-us decides to spawn you on the most isolated place on the map in which grouping with your fleet in time is impossible in this universe.

 

Wow, yeah, surely a problem with CVs and not with the spawns. It's not like those particular spawns are stupid as :etc_swear: in non-CV matches as well. Nah mate, it's perfectly fine that you're out of the action for the first 5-10 minutes, after which the match is potentially already decided.

 

48 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

I did take my own advice and haven't touched them sor over a year and a half.

 

If you care so much about the feeling of others you'd stop playing the game and not just CVs. Just because you don't feel offended about something doesn't mean others wouldn't as well. E.g. you getting deleted due to your own mistake may be hilarious to you but it ruins the fun of your team.

Again, if you care so much, stop playing. Not just CVs, but the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,389 posts
12,087 battles
4 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

<snip>

You're entitled for your opinion bro/ sis. And yes you're not responsible for how I feel. But you cut me here. If I didn't know better Id say you taking a opinion debate personally....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,770 posts
19,427 battles
2 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

If I didn't know better Id say you taking a opinion debate personally.

 

If just pointing out the hypocrisy in your statements is taking it personally, sure.

 

My own opinion, though? I haven't once stated my own opinion on anything. I've stated nothing but facts which you apparently chose to ignore.

For example, fact is that the majority of the playerbase in any class is trash, not just CVs. Fact is also that trash players in any class will cause crushing defeats, which happens way more often than auto-losing due to having a trash CV player on your team. Such handicaps are much more difficult to overcome than a trash CV player to boot.

Yet despite these issues, which should be considered much more urgent from your point of view, for some reason you only tell CV players to stop playing their class. I am rather curious as to why, especially since you apparently care so much about the feelings of others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,159 posts
On 5/11/2018 at 11:31 PM, BeauNidl3 said:

Sorry for the list of questions below.

 

Is this Bogue specific or do you have another CV where it also happens?

Running any mods?

Is it just happening in Randoms, or also effects COOP and the Training Room?

Tried starting the game in "Safe Mode" from the game centre? (little down arrow as part of the Play button}

Tried the Check and Repair tool in the game centre? (Game Settings button under the ALL GAMES tab)

Rebooted your PC? (Dumb one I know, but can't hurt to try)

 

That would be my starting point.

No it only happens in the Bogue.

I run no Mods whatsoever.

Only played Random.

Not tried safe mode.

Not tried repair because of no issues with other ships.

Rebooted numerous times.

On 5/12/2018 at 2:41 AM, EgyptOverseer said:

Nice sneaky brag post. :Smile_hiding:

 

Btw, you have elite status on the Bogue, so you have the Independence. Any particular reason why you choose to sail the last auto drop CV in the line? :Smile_glasses:

Sorry not a brag post, would have used greatest achievement of the day for that, it was literally to see if anyone had the same problem. Those two games were my only 2 games of that and the first was a defeat.

Yes my Bogue is elite, I also have elite Langley, yes I have Independence but haven't got a decent captain for her yet. I have 52 ships from Tier II (Smith) to Tier X sometimes I prefer lower Tier scraps as they are more fun and engaging than some of the drawn out numb brain higher tier games/battles.

As to auto drop, I have genuinely missed any gumpf about auto drop, I now understand why my Bogue and Langley do not have facility to manually drop.

If anyone has a quick link to the manual drop I would welcome it.

 

@Ferry_25 If I stopped playing my CV...imagine the heart break for my team....:Smile_amazed: I just couldn't do that to them...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×