Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Aotearas

Port Pop-Ups

15 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Can we please, PLEASE get an option to get rid of those stupid port pop-ups?

It's bloody annoying. I don't need my port to get blocked by a full window pop-up telling me post-facto what a nice new thing is going on, I read the news on the portal. Or will I have to beg the modding community for an Adblock+ version for WoWs!?

• Cool 8
  • Bad 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,673 posts
11,797 battles
23 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

It's bloody annoying. I don't need my port to get blocked by a full window pop-up telling me post-facto what a nice new thing is going on, I read the news on the portal. Or will I have to beg the modding community for an Adblock+ version for WoWs!?

Aren't you overacting a bit? You're complaining about something that boils down to one extra click every few weeks. Making this thread took you more effort than dealing with the pop-ups for the next year.

• Cool 4

[NWP]
Players
1,099 posts
9,906 battles

I thought this was going to be about the ridiculous division interface, but I agree anyway. I wouldn't even mind if the pop up had useful info, like that the shop had a new ship in it or something.

And fix the division/chat interface please!!

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
1 minute ago, eliastion said:

Aren't you overacting a bit? You're complaining about something that boils down to one extra click every few weeks. Making this thread took you more effort than dealing with the pop-ups for the next year.

You hear this folks?

Just ignore annoying UI stuff because the effort isn't worth it.

Move along folks, nothing to see here.

• Cool 4

[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester
122 posts
8,802 battles

Completely agree - I don't need annoying pop-ups for things I already know.

Players
4,447 posts
7,604 battles

We complain enough about WG not communicating, now we're complaining about them communicating too much.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
12 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

We complain enough about WG not communicating, now we're complaining about them communicating too much.

I'm complaining about UI being done right and unobstructive.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,673 posts
11,797 battles
19 hours ago, Aotearas said:

You hear this folks?

YES.

Picking on completely irrelevant EDIT that causes 1 second inconvenience every couple weeks is just plain ridiculous. It's hardly even worth the time of people complaining - much less the time needed to fix the "issue".

What's the most ridiculous, however, is that there are tons of actual problems with UI, things that actually are inconvenient - and pop up much, MUCH more frequently than the pop-ups. We have problems like

- premium consumables that have doublons as default currency despite the fact that nobody sane buys them for doublons

- lack of "demount all" button for signals (not to mention more advanced ideas like an option to create pre-set signal combinations to be mlounted with one click)

- lack of "get last commander" for ships (for those that swap commanders between silver and gold ships)

- general clunkiness where actions tend to take a couple seconds to process even if you're just switching between picking modules and signals

But sure. Let's make a big deal out of the fact that we're forced to dismiss some message maybe twice a month (at worst). This is so important and certainly going to direct the devs' attention in the direction they should be directing it!

Edited by Kampa1987
Vulgarism

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
18 hours ago, eliastion said:

YES.

Picking on completely irrelevant EDIT that causes 1 second inconvenience every couple weeks is just plain ridiculous. It's not worth the time of people complaining or the time of people you'd like to fix the issue.

What's the most ridiculous, however, is that there are tons of actual problems with UI, things that actually are inconvenient - and pop up much, MUCH more frequently than the pop-ups. We have problems like

- premium consumables that have doublons as default currency despite the fact that nobody sane buys them for doublons

- lack of "demount all" button for signals (not to mention more advanced ideas like an option to create pre-set signal combinations to be mlounted with one click)

- lack of "get last commander" for ships (for those that swap commanders between silver and gold ships)

- general clunkiness where actions tend to take a couple seconds to process even if you're just switching between picking modules and signals

But sure. Let's make a big deal out of the fact that we're forced to dismiss some message maybe twice a month (at worst). This is so important and certainly going to direct the devs' attention in the direction they should be directing it!

Uhuh, because obviously UI optimization is a zero sum endeavour and we totally can't attract attention to all the problems instead of just the ones you're bothered with.

How dare I suggest something get worked on because elastion thinks it's not important.

Who's overreacting now?

Bloody hypocrites.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester, Players
365 posts
1 hour ago, Aotearas said:

You hear this folks?

Move along folks, nothing to see here.

He is on my ignore list :)

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,767 posts
16,637 battles

How about we get a decent division window again instead of bickering over port pop-ups? I still get mad every time I division with some buddies because the new division window and ready options are so much worse than the original ones...

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
49 minutes ago, Ubertron_X said:

How about we get a decent division window again instead of bickering over port pop-ups? I still get mad every time I division with some buddies because the new division window and ready options are so much worse than the original ones...

Pretty sure I already made threads about this.

I'm just adding onto the list ... but for some reason people interpret that as setting development priorities.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,673 posts
11,797 battles
3 hours ago, Aotearas said:

Uhuh, because obviously UI optimization is a zero sum endeavour and we totally can't attract attention to all the problems instead of just the ones you're bothered with.

How dare I suggest something get worked on because elastion thinks it's not important.

Who's overreacting now?

Bloody hypocrites.

Answering your question - still you. I'm not the one who created a pointless thread about a trivial "problem" that isn't a real inconvenience to anyone. It's a complete non-issue when it comes to improving UI and, in fact, the most negative impact it might have is if anyone on WG side actually treated this complaint seriously and started wasting time on trying to accommodate it.

And you try to present the unimportance of this thing as nothing but my opinion - but please, tell me, objectively, how much of a problem can this possibly be to click your mouse twice a month to dismiss the dreaded pop-up?

Oh, and finally - improvements of UI (not "optimization", that's a term that really doesn't fit here), even assuming that your proposition would be an objective (if miniscule) improvement, always have cost in resources. Not a huge one if the issue is simple, but still: someone needs to review the complaints, someone needs to come up with what exactly should be done about the "issue" at hand. Finally, someone needs to implement the decided-on fix. Even if it's just a checkbox somewhere in the settings - these are hours of work spent by the UI team on your phobia of pop-ups rather than on one of the actual problems that really do inconvenience people.

Players
4,025 posts
5 hours ago, Aotearas said:

jack-nicholson-anger-the-shining.gif

Spoiler

face-with-tears-of-joy_1f602.png

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this