You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
EgyptOverseer

Double CV matches... Why?

Double CV matches... Why?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of matches with 4 CVs?

• I sail CVs, and I love them
    • I sail CVs and I hate them
    • I sail non-CVs and I don't mind being a spectator in an RTS match
    • I sail non-CVs and I hate them

55 comments in this topic

Players
513 posts
5,039 battles

Why are double CV matches even a thing?

Seriously... They are always boring for non-CV players, it's always a landslide win for one team, and mostly I just feel like a spectator. All ships stay back even in domination matches because of the perma-spotting and general incessant air attack.

And don't get me started on the T5/6 ones where auto drop CVs are matched with manual drop and straffing ones...

But it's just my opinion. What about yours?

Players
1,420 posts
8,391 battles

I sail Cvs and I love them. Sometimes I managed to deal with both enemy carriers by myself in Zuiho and Ryujo. These kind of battles are allways fun and interesting.
Also, I feel useful by protecting my team as much as I can, sometimes I have to rely on my own AA to do it, but they re fun nonetheless...

It would be interesting to see a 3 vs 3 cv battle.

Players
90 posts
6,475 battles

I do agree nothing bringed by this kind of mm.

Especially for ppl learning their ship.

It s even worth knowing it happen at tier where some ships have no AA.

Beta Tester
290 posts
3,522 battles

Biased poll, I’m a non CV player and I really don’t mind them, CVs at the tier where double CV games can happen are rarely an issue for me, and if I’m playing my cruisers at that tier I’m more of a threat to them than they are for me... 

so GG biased poll!

• Bad 1

[JRM]
Players
6,383 posts
24,310 battles

I dont sail cv-s much but i woted for the first option aldough i can’t say i really love them better expression would be i dont mind them unless its t5/t6 that can really be a sh**fest when u can’t srtafe back still u can manage...

Alpha Tester, Players
5,335 posts
49 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

on alpha we played 3 cv div :)

• Cool 1

Players
124 posts
593 battles

I hate it, there are people who play CVs and don't like to coordinate or communicate with the team. It's been 50/50 for me, either I get stuck with someone who doesn't want to work together to win the air superiority battle or someone who is really helpful and communicates which usually leads us to rolfstomp the enemy CV team. Two CVs have a huge impact to the game and doesn't really give room for errors, which can be rather toxic for new CV players to learn since it can be a very frustrating experience when you get overwhelmed by enemy CV fighters and your team mate doesn't want to help you deal with the problem.

Players
1,420 posts
8,391 battles

I don't coordinate with the friendly cv, but often I keep watch of what he is doing, for instance if he engages enemy fighters away from enemy AA I use my fighters to help him. If the friendly carrier it's threatened by an enemy dd or cruiser which becomes too close I help him.

Players
513 posts
5,039 battles
1 hour ago, PapVogele said:

Biased poll, I’m a non CV player and I really don’t mind them, CVs at the tier where double CV games can happen are rarely an issue for me, and if I’m playing my cruisers at that tier I’m more of a threat to them than they are for me... 

so GG biased poll!

Double CV matches happen up to T7. Are all ships upt to T7 good at AA? lol

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,801 posts
19,532 battles

Personally I couldn't care less as dealing with two CVs is about as easy as dealing with one regardless of how skilled they are. In fact the most hazardous thing in 2v2 CV matches is usually your teammate. I found that I tend to lose more planes to them than to my opponents.

But while I thoroughly disagree with the overall premise of the OP (2v2 CV matches always result in landslide victories? Everyone camps in 2v2 CV matches? Don't make me laugh. If the two CVs stomp your team you deserve it as much as if one CV would do it. And people will camp regardless of CV presence), I do believe 2v2 CV matches shouldn't happen from a pure balancing standpoint especially considering T4/5 have their alt attacks disabled.

• Bad 1

Players
124 posts
593 battles
1 minute ago, El2aZeR said:

Personally I couldn't care less as dealing with two CVs is about as easy as dealing with one regardless of how skilled they are. In fact the most hazardous thing in 2v2 CV matches is usually your teammate. I found that I tend to lose more planes to them than to my opponents.

But while I thoroughly disagree with the overall premise of the OP (2v2 CV matches always result in landslide victories? Everyone camps in 2v2 CV matches? Don't make me laugh. If the two CVs stomp your team you deserve it as much as if one CV would do it. And people will camp regardless of CV presence), I do believe 2v2 CV matches shouldn't happen from a pure balancing standpoint especially considering T4/5 have their alt attacks disabled.

Mostly an issue in 4-6 tier CVs, while I usually stopped caring at T6 games cause the defensive fire is so ridiculous that most carriers just lose their planes on attempting to deal damage on up tiered games, so it doesn't really matter if it's 1v2 and your team mate is a bot CV.

[HOO]
Players
1,890 posts
3,709 battles
1 hour ago, PapVogele said:

so GG biased poll!

^THIS^ and ....

To be anything other than a spectator, the rest of the team, needs more than ever to work together as a team. Anybody yolo'ing or sailing on their own will very soon find themselves as fish food. 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
290 posts
3,522 battles
1 hour ago, EgyptOverseer said:

Double CV matches happen up to T7. Are all ships upt to T7 good at AA? lol

Point out to me where I said all ships? I said the ones I play at the tiers...

Well done not understanding what you are quoting...

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts
2 hours ago, Sargento_YO said:

I sail Cvs and I love them. Sometimes I managed to deal with both enemy carriers by myself in Zuiho and Ryujo. These kind of battles are allways fun and interesting.
Also, I feel useful by protecting my team as much as I can, sometimes I have to rely on my own AA to do it, but they re fun nonetheless...

Well you play low tier CV's a lot with more than likely 19 point Captains, not surprising you love them as you're a pwn artist who doesn't play upper tiers as you can't own the map as ships have functional and effective AA.

It's as dull having a CV like that in my own team as in the enemies.

As @El2aZeR said camping isn't a side effect of CV's, it's mostly down to cowardice, failure to understand the economy (service cost being fixed, no repair costs) selfishness and very, very many BB's.

[SCRUB]
Players
3,795 posts
17,436 battles

I do prefer playing 1v1 in CVs - not so much because I have to play against 2 CVs, but mostly due to the other CV player on my team being crap... 

• Cool 1

[BONI]
Players
1,257 posts
12,064 battles

Hate 'em, especially on small low-tier maps. Good luck doing your job as a torpboat with an endless swarm buzzing above you and no AA to speak of.

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,500 posts
13,723 battles
Vor 4 Stunden, Miyamotosama sagte:

I do agree nothing bringed by this kind of mm.

Especially for ppl learning their ship.

But double CV matches are good, especially for those players.

Or would you say people shouldn't learn how to play with a CV in the team?

If WG doesn't force them to learn by giving them a harder situation with two CVs, then we will have even more players at T10 thinking that CVs are OP and you can't counter them etc.

Players
123 posts
3,950 battles

Yeah it's too much to handle. Even my Cleveland (Not AA build) was focused down by enemy Ryujo and Bogue in the very beginning of the match. Literally sent ALL their planes to me, even their fighters. Imagine if they did the same to a Fuso.

Players
1,906 posts

I don't mind double CV's at all. What i do mind is when you play a T5 CV against a T5 and T6 CV, and said T6 CV is AS. Then its just cancer. Thanks WG for removing strafing from low tier. 

Players
90 posts
6,475 battles

@Commander_Cornflakes I understand your point of view but as i whish i want to agree with your argument i have to disagree.

New player most of them will learn nothing from these game unless i do agree CV are a real pain at any tier but under T5  you don't really understand the basics of the game and this kind of MM can realy be frustrating.

1 CV is already a real problem to handle when the guy know how to play, 2 CV are just most of the time more unbalancing the way of a game.

This is just my point of view

• Cool 1

Players
4,389 posts
12,087 battles
10 hours ago, EgyptOverseer said:

Why are CV matches even a thing?

FTFY

Players
513 posts
5,039 battles
10 hours ago, Fat_Maniac said:

^THIS^ and ....

To be anything other than a spectator, the rest of the team, needs more than ever to work together as a team. Anybody yolo'ing or sailing on their own will very soon find themselves as fish food. 

Which leads to teams clumping together and not pushing caps. Hence my point about camping. Double CVs, and the fact that you can have a strike happening every 30 seconds is absolutely brutal to any player(s). Get a fire through torp bombers, dodge torp bombers attack but still end up with one torp hit that floods, expose broadside to enemy ships, use repair party, then get another bomber strike within 30 seconds that causes perma fire, then get another torp bomber run. All it takes with a double CV match is for both CVs to go for the same target every 2 minutes and it's a guaranteed kill, then rinse repeat. At least with one CV you know that it your repair will be off cool down by the time the next wave comes...

And in terms of AA, I am really intrigued as to the players that claim that they are not bothered by CV attacks in a cruiser up to T7. In silver ships only the Cleveland and Fiji are reliable plane killers, and any other silver cruiser at those tiers needs to rely on having a DefAA consumable ready to at most just spread the torps. I have all silver cruisers in that bracket so I am not talking without knowledge to back it up.

This is not a discussion about CVs in particular, just the unquestionable unbalanced match generated by MM with 4 CVs.

To be honest, I am surprised there are non CV players happy to see double CV matches, but then again they must be sailing exclusively ships that farm AA damage. I dare for example a Shchors captain to enjoy a double CV match, or a Normandie or any other ship that is easy point and click kills for a CV alone, nevermind 2.