You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Pagster123

UK Tech Tree Proposal

23 comments in this topic

Players
55 posts
2,648 battles

Designed a UK tech tree with slow BBs, fast BBs, carriers, cruisers (reworked slightly), destroyers and a carrier split. Dido at T9 is a particularly interesting thought as she is considered a light cruiser but could be a DD hunter under the current balances. Poor torpedoes and concealment but god tier guns - sort of like Aigle or the T7 and below US DDs. The CV split could also work nicely, presenting different playstyles of the main line. The BBs and BCs could also work well as the BCs would provide more speed and flexibility but less armour. The BB split could also present interesting play as you could choose between the more traditional dreadnoughts or you could go down the fast, concealed and AA BBs. The premiums are also nice I think as Vanguard, Arethusa, Exeter and Royal Oak make an experience. Let me all know what you think and what I could change.

DISCLAIMER: This was just for fun.

UK Tech Tree.png

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Dido-class in the DD tree?

That would be quite an auspicious gameplay shift coming from the Battle-class and then back to the Darings. I'd rather either split the Battle-class in two tiers (early and late respectively) or find something else to fill the empty slot, makes more sense for the gameplay consistency.

Besides, Dido (or mayhaps better HMS Argonaut specifically) is practically begging to be a RN premium version of the USS Atlanta.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
274 posts
9,305 battles

I would suggest J3 for the tier 8 BC, with G3 at 9 and K3 at 10

Would also prefer York to be tech tree ship and Exeter to be the premium as stated. 

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
5,378 posts
2,939 battles

Illustrious is waaaaaay too high tier. For starters, I don't think she sould even be above Implacable. Hermes, too, feels much too high - and I don't see her two tiers above Furious either. I'm not that confidet about Ark Royal making it to TVIII though that's more plausible than the two previous. Colossus and Unicorn as TIX/X of a special branch will need one hell of a very special gameplay to be useful.

Randomely throwing in Exeter in the CL line is a total fracture of continuity. The same goes for Dido that just can't be a DD and, as mentionned by ao~, also makes a big fracture of continuity between Battle & Daring.

• Cool 3

[SPAM-]
[SPAM-]
Players
565 posts
8,047 battles

Hello:

I proposed this for French Com (UK CV preview)
This is just my idea, how do you think you ? 
i creat All tech tree, with plane. 
Shortly, i would translate my topic on English :)

(drafts version)

• Cool 1

[SWEOV]
Players
41 posts
2,648 battles
19 hours ago, Pagster123 said:

Designed a UK tech tree with slow BBs, fast BBs, carriers, cruisers (reworked slightly), destroyers and a carrier split. Dido at T9 is a particularly interesting thought as she is considered a light cruiser but could be a DD hunter under the current balances. Poor torpedoes and concealment but god tier guns - sort of like Aigle or the T7 and below US DDs. The CV split could also work nicely, presenting different playstyles of the main line. The BBs and BCs could also work well as the BCs would provide more speed and flexibility but less armour. The BB split could also present interesting play as you could choose between the more traditional dreadnoughts or you could go down the fast, concealed and AA BBs. The premiums are also nice I think as Vanguard, Arethusa, Exeter and Royal Oak make an experience. Let me all know what you think and what I could change.

UK Tech Tree.png

AMAZING GOOD.!!. a BIG Thank You for this. I very Glad to see this Greate Work. Thanks.

Players
55 posts
2,648 battles
11 minutes ago, Larse8x said:

AMAZING GOOD.!!. a BIG Thank You for this. I very Glad to see this Greate Work. Thanks.

Thank you!

16 hours ago, LastButterfly said:

Illustrious is waaaaaay too high tier. For starters, I don't think she sould even be above Implacable. Hermes, too, feels much too high - and I don't see her two tiers above Furious either. I'm not that confidet about Ark Royal making it to TVIII though that's more plausible than the two previous. Colossus and Unicorn as TIX/X of a special branch will need one hell of a very special gameplay to be useful.

Randomely throwing in Exeter in the CL line is a total fracture of continuity. The same goes for Dido that just can't be a DD and, as mentionned by ao~, also makes a big fracture of continuity between Battle & Daring.

Very helpful feedback, thank you.

17 hours ago, Jellicoe1916 said:

I would suggest J3 for the tier 8 BC, with G3 at 9 and K3 at 10

Would also prefer York to be tech tree ship and Exeter to be the premium as stated. 

Again I will take this into account, thanks a lot!

• Cool 2

Players
538 posts
5,915 battles

Wasn't Tiger a battlecruiser? I think it would be better to just have a main BB line, then split off to BC's at some point (with HMS Incomparable at T9/10 :Smile_trollface:) . As others have said, te cruiser line can't randomly have a heavy gcruiser and then return to light cruisers to T10, it would be better to come up with a heavy cruiser line using the York class, Hawkins class, County class, and any blueprint designs to reach T10.

On the carriers: why is a post war carrier at a lower tier than a WWII veteran carrier? I think the Malta class fits better at T10, with Implacable at T9 (called Implacable to avoid confuson with the T7 candidate Ark Royal). Hermes and Furious can almost swap places, and Unicorn is perhaps better-suited to the mid tiers. HMS Victorious could be a T9, but would have to be a post-war refit with the angled deck. This ship is probably better at T8.

That said, it's nice to see HMS Rodney in the tech tree after WG deemed that the ship wouldn't fit.

• Cool 1

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,549 posts
17,780 battles

Too many inconsistencies.

Revenge in a fast BB line? HAH that's a good one.

Hermes a tier 7 carrier? Come on.

Illustrious at tier 10 and Implacable (an improved Illustrious) at 9? 

Dido AA cruiser in destroyer line?

A whole line of light cruisers with a 203mm cruiser (Exeter) in the middle? And then Arethusa as a Premium?

Tiger at tier 3?

• Cool 1

Players
2,098 posts
4,794 battles

@Pagster123

I noticed you included a number of premiums already in the game, but for some reason you missed out a few...

Namely all the ones that aren't Battleships...:cap_hmm:

Also, with Nelson already in the game as a FreeXP premium, why would WG add her sister ship Rodney to the non-premium tech tree?:cap_hmm:

[SWEOV]
Players
41 posts
2,648 battles
On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎10 at 10:06 PM, Pagster123 said:

UK Tech Tree.png

Yes, but very good. Send this to Warship-Gamers. in big text. is Little small text, differcult to se. Send it to WarGamers Pagster123 . Greate Work.

[SPAM-]
[SPAM-]
Players
565 posts
8,047 battles
On 10/05/2018 at 10:06 PM, Pagster123 said:

UK Tech Tree.png

I'm return here just for CV ^^ (yes again)

(this just my opinion and appreciate ship for me :) )
For the next post on UK forum i post my tech tree on this i post on idea for air formation and another :D  
for those of you who understand French you have the possibility too read this here;

Furious on Tier 5 with 47 or 62 planes on bord ?
and Eagle and Hermes which respectively 18 planes and 21 planes for tier6 and 7 ? 
I don't now it's accurate :S

Tech Tree Aircraft Carrier for Royal Navy;

- Tier IV: HSM ARGUS
 Armed on 1917
 Air-craft on; 15-18 planes

- Tier V HSM ATTACKER Class (like Bogue class)
 armed on 1941
 Air-craft on; 24 planes

- Tier VI HSM UNICORN Class
 armed on 1941
 Air-craft on; 35 planes

- Tier VII HSM  FURIOUS (ship hull A) & HSM COURAGEOUS Class (ship hull B/C)
 armed on 1924/28
 Air-craft on;  47 - 62 planes

- Tier VIII HSM ARK ROYAL Class
 armed on 1938
 Air-craft on; 72 planes

- Tier IX HSM IMPLACABLE Class
 armed on 1944
 Air-craft on; 81 planes
&
- Tier XI or Tier VII ?? HSM ILLUSTRIOUS Class
 armed on 1941
 Air-craft on; 36-57 planes ??

- Tier X HSM MALTA Class
 armed on "paper ship"
 Air-craft on; 81 planes

• Cool 2

Players
55 posts
2,648 battles
On 16/05/2018 at 12:15 AM, SkyKld said:

I'm return here just for CV ^^ (yes again)

(this just my opinion and appreciate ship for me :) )
For the next post on UK forum i post my tech tree on this i post on idea for air formation and another :D  
for those of you who understand French you have the possibility too read this here;

Furious on Tier 5 with 47 or 62 planes on bord ?
and Eagle and Hermes which respectively 18 planes and 21 planes for tier6 and 7 ? 
I don't now it's accurate :S

Tech Tree Aircraft Carrier for Royal Navy;

- Tier IV: HSM ARGUS
 Armed on 1917
 Air-craft on; 15-18 planes

- Tier V HSM ATTACKER Class (like Bogue class)
 armed on 1941
 Air-craft on; 24 planes

- Tier VI HSM UNICORN Class
 armed on 1941
 Air-craft on; 35 planes

- Tier VII HSM  FURIOUS (ship hull A) & HSM COURAGEOUS Class (ship hull B/C)
 armed on 1924/28
 Air-craft on;  47 - 62 planes

- Tier VIII HSM ARK ROYAL Class
 armed on 1938
 Air-craft on; 72 planes

- Tier IX HSM IMPLACABLE Class
 armed on 1944
 Air-craft on; 81 planes
&
- Tier XI or Tier VII ?? HSM ILLUSTRIOUS Class
 armed on 1941
 Air-craft on; 36-57 planes ??

- Tier X HSM MALTA Class
 armed on "paper ship"
 Air-craft on; 81 planes

Looks great. I should have put a lot more research into my choices. Thanks for the heads up and that sounds great!

• Cool 2

[SPAM-]
[SPAM-]
Players
565 posts
8,047 battles

thank you you :D

I would be happy to see you on 1 week for my topic transleate on English :)
And i repaet this is my opinion for CV and my chose because i like this plane / cv etc :)

• Cool 1

Players
4 posts
84 battles

I am total beginner here but where is the analysis of the problems of current tech tree.  What improvements those suggested tech trees bring to the game itself. 

Anyhow see y on the stormy waters.  

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
5,378 posts
2,939 battles
19 minutes ago, Naomi__ said:

I am total beginner here

Would you imply that you happen to be knowledgeable elsewhere ? I may be interested.

• Cool 2

[17AF]
Players
5 posts
5,195 battles
On ‎11‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 4:41 PM, Larse8x said:

black swan is a sloop not cruiser and much lighter in design.

• Cool 1

[SWEOV]
Players
41 posts
2,648 battles
On 2018-05-15 at 11:14 AM, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

@Pagster123

I noticed you included a number of premiums already in the game, but for some reason you missed out a few...

Namely all the ones that aren't Battleships...:cap_hmm:

Also, with Nelson already in the game as a FreeXP premium, why would WG add her sister ship Rodney to the non-premium tech tree?:cap_hmm:

Bismark are also in thr game, Tirpitz is a Premiumship!!. Sistership too.

Players
2,098 posts
4,794 battles
19 hours ago, Larse8x said:

Bismark are also in thr game, Tirpitz is a Premiumship!!. Sistership too.

Except that Tirpitz was built second and is thus referred to as a Bismarck-class Battleship. Rodney was also built second, thus making her a Nelson-class Battleship. If you hadn't already noticed, all of the silver ships are named after the name ships of their classes (the only exception being the upcoming Helena, but that's just because there are already two other St Louis in the game; one in the same tech tree - T3 St Louis, the other in the same MM spread - T9 Saint-Louis). It doesn't make sense to make the silver line ship the younger sister of the Premium representative. I mean, by all means add Rodney to the game as another Premium, but adding her to the silver line just doesn't make sense.

Not to mention that Tirpitz was actually modified while still being built, with the KM taking into account lessons learnt from Bismarck's sinking which would make both ships different and thus worth putting both into the game. AFAIK there is little to no difference between Nelson and Rodney - aside from Rodney missing out on a couple of engine upgrades she was due during the war.

Actually, if WG did decide to add Rodney as yet another effing British T7 Premium Battleship I would hope the 'unique' thing they do with her is take out the gimmick RN HE shells and change her AP accordingly, making her more of a 'typical' representation of a BB in-game.

Beta Tester
5,378 posts
2,939 battles
2 hours ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:
22 hours ago, Larse8x said:

Except that Tirpitz was built second and is thus referred to as a Bismarck-class Battleship. Rodney was also built second, thus making her a Nelson-class Battleship. If you hadn't already noticed, all of the silver ships are named after the name ships of their classes (the only exception being the upcoming Helena, but that's just because there are already two other St Louis in the game; one in the same tech tree - T3 St Louis, the other in the same MM spread - T9 Saint-Louis). It doesn't make sense to make the silver line ship the younger sister of the Premium representative. I mean, by all means add Rodney to the game as another Premium, but adding her to the silver line just doesn't make sense.

... Yeah, you're not wrong, but... nothing prevents you to swap the names xD

Add Rodney in a branch, and then call Nelson Rodney and Rodney Nelson. That's about all it takes.

2 hours ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

Not to mention that Tirpitz was actually modified while still being built, with the KM taking into account lessons learnt from Bismarck's sinking which would make both ships different and thus worth putting both into the game. AFAIK there is little to no difference between Nelson and Rodney - aside from Rodney missing out on a couple of engine upgrades she was due during the war.

THAT, however, ir a better point ^^.

• Cool 1