Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DeusVult85

My dragon flags are cursed

28 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
3 posts
143 battles

Hi all, I have been playing this game for somewhere around 5 weeks, and have been doing reasonably well.


UNTIL


I got lucky, or so I thought, and I won a super-container with 33 dragon flags, and I saw the +333% experience to captain bonus, and figured I had hit the jackpot.
So I went to the port, and exterior, flags, and installed my shiny new dragon flags, Although I noticed there were actually only 25 in my inventory.

I am not sure I even care about this though at this point, as to my dismay, it turns out some voodoo witch doctor somewhere put a nasty curse on my flags. 

Out of the 24 games so far, using them in my Nassau, my destruction ratio has dropped from a healthy 7 to around 2.

my win rate has gone from around 76% to 60% and I lost something in the region of 21/ 24 battles I have had since the installation of these god forsaken flags.

Just now, I decided "go on, you got 2 flags left, use them!"
The whole server was laggy, me and some others were pushing C objective, then my connection dropped, I dropped to the "connect" screen, couldn't re-connect, then windows auto updated interrupted anyways, and just re-set my laptop with no warning for a lengthy update.

I could cry.

But I am a man, so that is not an option.

I have one Flag left.....

I might sell it :(

Rant over.

has anyone else had a similar experience though? this experience has cracked me up a bit!

 

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
606 posts

yeah, me too - although it's not limited to dragon flags.:Smile_teethhappy:

 

Stack up to get 1st win of the day bonus; special cammo, 50% XP flag, 50% commander XP flag, 300% Free XP flag and Dragon Flags... and lose miserably!

 

Go in near silver (standard cammo, a couple of fire/flooding/skills flags) and you have the best game of the day:fish_nerv:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
36 posts
3,850 battles

Only free loot box flags are cursed.

If you buy loot boxes for real money in the shop and use those flags your WR will go up. The reason is that the universe always try to achieve a state of balance. On earth humans try to split resources using money and balance the resources out. So the whole thing is only natural.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,116 posts
8,931 battles

I typically don't use these flags until I absolutely need to, because it'd just be frustration. What I use them four is mostly then for retraining on ships, to get it done in one or two matches and for when I need to get vital skills to be competitive, like getting 14 pt captain on an Akizuki. Similarly, got a Wyvern flag package a while ago (extra credits), which I save up to use for when there is free premium time, as one can grind credits best there.

 

I would not use these flags at low tiers. The base rewards are too low. Also, when using them, combine them with appropriate camouflages, as the effects stack and commander exp is based on base exp, so a +100% exp/+100% commander exp cammo actually provides has like 3 times the commander exp.

 

If you also use the flags for when you really need them for grinding, you might feel less pressured, as you are now not feeling the "waste" as much. In general, don't feel too pressured with the flag on.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,389 posts
12,087 battles

Did you know the same effect is at play with AA build ships? That's the almost 100% guarantee you won't meet a CV. Only way to be sure is to team up with a CV playing friend. :Smile_teethhappy:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TIPC]
Players
445 posts
20,054 battles

first of all i suggest to keep those flags for higher tier ships so that u can earn more xp and be more valuable...thats a tip

2nd u have played so small number of battles an d your first idont know smthing about 100 (im not prety sure for the number)u are playing in protected mm about new players thats y u saw the diferense..for sure is not the flags

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
36 posts
3,850 battles
6 minutes ago, Rusty_9 said:

@Admiral_Surprise

 

Of course, I should have thought that!

 

Lets chuck away my last free flags and then stock up using real money in the shop... P2W of course :cap_like:

:cap_like:Thats right, one can't fool the higher forces acting upon us. 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3 posts
143 battles

well I love the Nassau, but I realize that even clan people are "seal clubbing" at T3-4 so I want to have a respectable (around lvl 14) captain before I jump into the Kaiser. I know it will be a grind and a half, but I have no problem with this, I just figured the dragon flags would help, yet I actually think I have made less xp using them, than if I had not bothered, due to the heavy losses.

Also, I am not trying to gloat, but most of these games where I have lost since the flags, I am often the top scoring person, easily having double the score of 2nd position.
It really is an odd one like, before the flags the teams were great, since the flags, half the team is getting popped in the first 20 or so seconds of the first engagement.

it is crazy. going to play my last game with my presumably still cursed flag, then perhaps things might return to normal haha.

cheers for the replies guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,447 posts
7,604 battles
3 hours ago, Riselotte said:

What I use them four is mostly then for retraining on ships, to get it done in one or two matches and for when I need to get vital skills to be competitive, like getting 14 pt captain on an Akizuki.

 

Mostly I use them for grinding elite captain XP with my one and only 19 pt captain, stack that with premium time, camo and other flags and 25,000 per game is quite achievable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3 posts
143 battles

well the curse kept up.

 

I started a game with my last dragon flag, my connection dropped, the game ended before I got back on (we lost again), everyone reported me and I received a huge penalty, so yeah, ive requested my account be deleted because the experience has really irked me. 

 

I went from winning 76% of my games, and being the best scorer across 4 and a half weeks, to being the best scorer, and usually the last man standing but losing 23/25 (90% + loss rate) across 4 days
Seemingly because of some flags that looked appealing! looks like these flags to correlate to bad matchmaking. and because of this, I have lost interest in the game.

 

during this time, when  I decided I was sick of playing in the Nassau, , I would take my Caledon out for a spin, (around 4 games) I won all 4 of those games, as soon as I went back to the Nassau, with Dragon flag, autolose again.

 

the two games with dragon flags, where my team won, both times the enemy had friendly fire incidents, removing ships from play, before the first engagement, which is likely the only reason our team managed to win and we barely scraped it both times despite this.

Maybe I am seeing a massive co-incidence where there is none. but where I am sat, it doesn't feel like it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

cringe

 

using dragon flags on nassau... such a waste of dragon flags...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ROT8]
Players
2,730 posts
10 hours ago, DeusVult85 said:

well the curse kept up.

 

I started a game with my last dragon flag, my connection dropped, the game ended before I got back on (we lost again), everyone reported me and I received a huge penalty, so yeah, ive requested my account be deleted because the experience has really irked me. 

 

I went from winning 76% of my games, and being the best scorer across 4 and a half weeks, to being the best scorer, and usually the last man standing but losing 23/25 (90% + loss rate) across 4 days
Seemingly because of some flags that looked appealing! looks like these flags to correlate to bad matchmaking. and because of this, I have lost interest in the game.

 

during this time, when  I decided I was sick of playing in the Nassau, , I would take my Caledon out for a spin, (around 4 games) I won all 4 of those games, as soon as I went back to the Nassau, with Dragon flag, autolose again.

 

the two games with dragon flags, where my team won, both times the enemy had friendly fire incidents, removing ships from play, before the first engagement, which is likely the only reason our team managed to win and we barely scraped it both times despite this.

Maybe I am seeing a massive co-incidence where there is none. but where I am sat, it doesn't feel like it.

 

 

Ah, the pressure of being a reroll, never mind, just start yet another account to go for that 100% wr. :cap_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[H_FAN]
Players
2,570 posts
40,945 battles
13 hours ago, DeusVult85 said:

well I love the Nassau, but I realize that even clan people are "seal clubbing" at T3-4 so I want to have a respectable (around lvl 14) captain before I jump into the Kaiser. I know it will be a grind and a half, but I have no problem with this, I just figured the dragon flags would help, yet I actually think I have made less xp using them, than if I had not bothered, due to the heavy losses.

Also, I am not trying to gloat, but most of these games where I have lost since the flags, I am often the top scoring person, easily having double the score of 2nd position.
It really is an odd one like, before the flags the teams were great, since the flags, half the team is getting popped in the first 20 or so seconds of the first engagement.

it is crazy. going to play my last game with my presumably still cursed flag, then perhaps things might return to normal haha.

cheers for the replies guys!

Well let me as a collector give you advice with level on captains. I assume you mean 14 p captain.

I collect ships that means that I seldom transfer captains even if I do it a little more now.

The transfer optimum is around 10-12, I grind captains on my vast number of premiums to 10 points. I use lower/mid tiers to this number , higher premiums for accelerating over 10 points.

 

10 is the magic number for the 4 th skill , nearly aways CE.

 

I start therefor every captain now from T6-T10 on 10 points. (New captain on every ship from my store, I have around 20 at the moment on 10-12 points, from various nations). But this tier has moved down, the elite XP thing early 2017 has changed that and also the strategic rethink of my own when I have tried to optimize captain transfer. The cost of transfer is OK at 10 points. If you move captains every ship the cost is quite high if the points are too high. You reduce it by half with credits and then pay with playing premium on same country (or eliteXP) but you do not have that yet as you need a 19 p captain. 

 

A non-collector would have saved more elite XP for the leveling of more points once the transfer to its final destination have been done,a s they maybe save say 3-4 ships in a line. But I need numbers of captains.

 

But for a new player the MM and even though there is some sealclubbing there is the number of games and playing lots of ships, classes and maps , learning about positioning etc that is more vital to your success than purely captain points, I would say that despite the game being mature which have increased demand on captain points the problem starts really be serious on say T7-8 more so on DDs where it is more vital with CE than on a Kaiser f.e.. Battleships in lower/mid tiers can easier take lower skilled captains than DDs. But it differs from ship to ship. 

 

There are after all a minority of the players that have high end captains in low tier ships, but they might easier turn up in some ships. 

Some premiums may and are often played by high end captains, like König Albert, Nikolai and Kamikaze/Fujin to name a few in games up to T5 MM and these are very strong (OP) ships for their tier.

It is also a few silver ships that are favourites by sealclubbers, personally I like Bogatyr, but there are others that use Umikaze, Isokaze and Clemson. These are ships that are IMO the most nasty when played by a skilled player as they are difficult to counter for new players. Sure PA DDs is alos nasty when played by a veteran player but the line is so new so it is less likely.

 

But percentagewise they are not so large part of the ships involved that you must have a 14 p captain, just learn the game. Besides they might be in your team too. 

 

To Your first entry; Like the others say save your Dragon Flags, for higher tiers, IMO you have got the best flag in the game. I have never seen them come in 33 stack, for me they in Supercontainers and from other players experience shared in the Box thread, it is 25 or 50 with the offerings running at the moment so I think you have recieved the correct number.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
[THESO]
Moderator
3,751 posts
10,270 battles

You are not alone mate,

and not limited to dragon flags...

 

Put a %400+ xp camo, with commander XP and battle XP flags which are totally limited..

I wouldn't be so much pissed If I loose the battle, but get detonated with the first blind shell and team manages to win the game..

no spotting, no damage, no cap.. you get 0 xp.. a fecking 0 xp with +%400, +%200, +%50 xp bonuses...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TIPC]
Players
445 posts
20,054 battles
6 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

You are not alone mate,

and not limited to dragon flags...

 

Put a %400+ xp camo, with commander XP and battle XP flags which are totally limited..

I wouldn't be so much pissed If I loose the battle, but get detonated with the first blind shell and team manages to win the game..

no spotting, no damage, no cap.. you get 0 xp.. a fecking 0 xp with +%400, +%200, +%50 xp bonuses...

its imposible to detonate a ship with full hp with the new mechanics......so tell us the true story but dont tell lies

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
[THESO]
Moderator
3,751 posts
10,270 battles

where did you get the impression that the story I've told happened AFTER the detonation mechanics change?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
606 posts
1 hour ago, Excavatus said:

You are not alone mate,

and not limited to dragon flags...

 

Put a %400+ xp camo, with commander XP and battle XP flags which are totally limited..

I wouldn't be so much pissed If I loose the battle, but get detonated with the first blind shell and team manages to win the game..

no spotting, no damage, no cap.. you get 0 xp.. a fecking 0 xp with +%400, +%200, +%50 xp bonuses...

ah, but you should have put on your 100% reduced det chance flag :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
[THESO]
Moderator
3,751 posts
10,270 battles

 

2 ore fa, Rusty_9 ha scritto:

ah, but you should have put on your 100% reduced det chance flag :Smile_teethhappy:

would you stop with logic here??

what is wrong with you!!!!

 

At least I've got 10 of them after the battle :)

 

 

3 ore fa, cpt_sparrow_jack ha scritto:

so when happened?

cant remember the exact date.. must be around jan.. when I first got my shima..

I was trying to grind through the atrocious 20km torps

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[H_FAN]
Players
2,570 posts
40,945 battles
1 hour ago, Rusty_9 said:

ah, but you should have put on your 100% reduced det chance flag :Smile_teethhappy:

Yes but even so that does not help if your game crashes and you return just in time to see the "Blubb Blubb" Scene. A month a go or so when I grinded the Alsace I had 4-5 games spread out that the Game crashed , Hydra, Red Dragon, frosty Fir camo etc to speed up the grind... Great! :Smile_sad:

 

Not to mention that the stats that are poor becomes ëven more painful when you add 5 games with low damage output not zero but say 10-25000.

It is better that the game crashes directly if that is the case than a bit in.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
606 posts
4 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

Yes but even so that does not help if your game crashes and you return just in time to see the "Blubb Blubb" Scene.

Yeah, sorry - that was a sarcastic comment, but I do know your pain re speeding up the grind - although i have far less battles (I've been 'playing' for 6 months but rarely get time to play) so I'm trying to balance getting a good spread of playstyles (or at least, ship types) whilst still making my way up the tree as fast as I can (I don't care too much for T10 as I don;t run premium time so would end up losing credits a lot, but there are often events/missions that require T8).

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,447 posts
7,604 battles
8 hours ago, Gnirf said:

I start therefor every captain now from T6-T10 on 10 points.

 

My 2p is that that T5+ should be played with 10 point captains and if you're grinding the modules in co-op then the 12,500 xp retraining cost matches the module grind quite nicely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×