Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Aotearas

Port chat ever going to get fixed?

19 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

As the title asks, will the port chat ever going to get fixed?

Randomly resetting comment history, not accurately telling if people are in a game or not, extreme UI lag when searching for other players or channels, etc..

It's been like that forever since I can remember.

But we have the UI team randomly changing the division UI, tying the entire division to those very same crappy chat functions.

So, any ETA on fixing that crap? Or just an ackowledgement that WG do indeed realize it needs some fixing?

• Cool 11

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,245 posts
9,280 battles

Well Ao, since its been about 3 years without any change, I wouldn't hold my breath. Its more important for WG to make something new and dazzling than fixing stuff that should've been fixed back in Beta...

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
Players
2,744 posts
13,705 battles

c'mon it wouldn't be a WG product if something wasn't working properly :Smile-_tongue:

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts

It would be nice if they improved the chat interface, there's considerable room for improvement, it's clunky.

As pointed out in another thread, things like being able to select message (as well as the usual stuff) in the right click from the team results screen would mean not having to use the terrible search tool as much.

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,646 posts
10,081 battles
2 minutes ago, Tubit101 said:

Being able to resize chat windows would be nice.

You can by dragging from some of the corners.

To AO; once the Year of the CVTM is over they'll fix it soonTM.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
1 hour ago, Aotearas said:

Port chat ever going to get fixed?

Probably not :Smile_trollface:

Players
2,384 posts
15,336 battles
2 hours ago, Salentine said:

c'mon it wouldn't be a WG product if something wasn't working properly :Smile-_tongue:

I wouldn't mind 'something', unfortunately there is multitude of 'somethings'...

• Cool 1

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
934 posts

Would also love if the chat, when minimized blinks in a yellow (or whatever color) when someone have typed something. That 1 or 2 thingy doesn't Catch my attention.

Simply put it.....make it like wot.

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,443 posts
3 hours ago, Aotearas said:

Randomly resetting comment history, not accurately telling if people are in a game or not, extreme UI lag when searching for other players or channels, etc..

But we have the UI team randomly changing the division UI, tying the entire division to those very same crappy chat functions.

So, any ETA on fixing that crap? Or just an ackowledgement that WG do indeed realize it needs some fixing?

I agree.

And I think you should try to summon some WG peeps....

@Tuccy, @MrConway, @Sub_Octavian :Smile_honoring:

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,274 posts
3,518 battles
On 5/8/2018 at 9:05 PM, Bellegar said:

I agree.

And I think you should try to summon some WG peeps....

@Tuccy, @MrConway, @Sub_Octavian :Smile_honoring:

Who dares summon me!? 

Just kidding :Smile_hiding:

The UI issues are a sore point for us as well and something we really want to address as soon as we can free up the necessary dev time, until then there is little we can do :(

[NWP]
Players
2,646 posts
16,294 battles
3 hours ago, MrConway said:

Who dares summon me!? 

The UI issues are a sore point for us as well and something we really want to address as soon as we can free up the necessary dev time, until then there is little we can do :(

We understand that resources are limited. But why not spend them on this rather than using them to mess up divisions?

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,316 battles
5 hours ago, MrConway said:

Who dares summon me!? 

If it was a sore point, you guys would find the time / resources...

But I know, that is the line you have to tow.

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,443 posts
19 hours ago, MrConway said:

Who dares summon me!? 

I'm sorry, but that doesn't make any sense.

It's been like this since the early beta days (maybe even longer, but I wouldn't know as I only joined in Closed Beta). You're really telling us during all those years there was never time to address this?

And that's especially dubious since apparently there was time to screw up the division ready/not ready interface and chat.

I have to agree with @Juanx above.... if you're honest about this beining a sore point for you, then you would've found some time to fix it during all those past years.

Players
3,277 posts
19,066 battles
On 08.05.2018 at 6:00 PM, Aotearas said:

They are busy with pumping out new premium/silver ships and new upgrades. Hang on! They might fix the bugs in next 5 years. 

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,768 posts
18,778 battles
21 hours ago, MrConway said:

Who dares summon me!? 

So...... Soon then?

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,245 posts
9,280 battles
21 hours ago, MrConway said:

Sorry to be sceptical Conway, but no. This sounds disingenuous (oh you might think this way for sure). But this has been in the game since closed beta at least and a lot of us have been pointing it out. It is even a kind of running gag among players I know. You really never had time in since closed beta to put even a single dev on it? But the division window was linked to the chat system anyways.

And you say that about the UI. I'm not sure you realize we are also talking about the chat system itself. The absolute unreliability of it. The many times where for some reason it is "unavailable" (so much fun when divisioning). But keep ignoring the problems... its probably fine to have a barely working chat system in a MMO.

Not blaming you for the devs decisions though. But I remain skeptical of your comment here (party line and such whatnot)

• Cool 2

[KAKE]
Players
2,528 posts
6,013 battles
On 12/05/2018 at 3:57 PM, MrConway said:

I guess maybe the dev time that was allocated to breaking the division window should have been allocated to this instead.

:Smile_hiding:

Sign in to follow this