You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sark74

serious lack of credits being earned... Need more, how?

24 comments in this topic

Question

Players
205 posts
5,308 battles

Hi ya, 

I've decided to ask here as i feel my clan are getting a bit tired of my constant questions lol... I still see myself as a new player, even though I'm approaching 1k battles. I have hit the game rather hard in a short time i have been playing, My issue is I just cant simple earn enough credits to get the next tier ships, mods and upgrades i need/want, (I have premium account) and this is ruining the game for me, I have ships i don't want to play once i reach the amount of XP needed for the next tier(see photo 1). On My Kagero i have 154,688 xp, to unlock the Yugamo i need 154,000. I dont see the point in playing her anymore as i don't need Xp on her .. i have 800,000 credits as I've just upgraded my Fiji to the Edinburgh (7.9m). I've upgraded her but I could only do that by Selling the Premium Ship Texas for 4m .. And this makes me so frustrated that im backed into a corner either sell stuff or buy credits!. I have a Mahan (Photo 2) that has Modules with xp spent like Hull upgrade B. I know i can buy credits/Dubloons from the premium shop but as a former World of Warcraft player for 11+ years buying credits goes against every thing i believe in in a game!. And i cant bring myself to buy them. I'd rather the 30 day Premium price be a higher cost and we get the credits we need to keep moving forward. I now have a Fiji i enjoy but cant play as i moved the captain to the Edinburgh, which is a shame, Also I'm not really into the Clemson clubbing scene at T4... 

I bought myself a Sims recently under advisement from the guildies as its the best way to make credits, but the XP system bothers me, i have 80k xp on the Sims i cant use and that seems a waste, Again i know i can convert it with Doubloons.. but we're back to square 1 again.. i have to buy them even tho i pay for premium account every 30 days. 

Basically.. my question is (i think i already know the answer)... as I'm not happy buying the credits i need to progress.  should i just quit the game or is there an Alternative for me? 

My main ambitions in the game are to have a Shimakazi, Gearing and Minotaur. The maybe a few after, a nice german BB maybe,... But i cant afford it at T9, so T10 its not going to be viable.. *sigh* ... 

thanks for reading. 

Sark74 

Xp.JPG

Mahan.JPG

23 answers to this question

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,500 posts
13,723 battles

Premium time is usually the best way to earn more credits. Combined with your Sims, you should have no credit problem if you play her more often.

While true that the XP on your Sims is mostly useless, you can still use the free-XP you get with each match and especially important the captains XP. You should use your normal US-DD captain on her to train him further so you have a good captain when you reach Gearing.

I wouldn't bother thinking about the XP on those other ships. I have a few million XP on some ships ^^

What really matters is that you have fun playing your ships. If that is not the case, then stopping with this game might be the right decision.

• Cool 1

Players
626 posts
8,561 battles

Things move a tad slow at first but you'll earn more when you learn the game mechanics properly also ...

Multipliers to earn more credits

Premium account

Premium ship

Signals

Camo

Being in a clan With the corrosponding buildings

Edit: Never sell a ship, you only gets petty cash for it ...

• Cool 1

Players
205 posts
5,308 battles
17 minutes ago, Ulvesnutepostei said:

Edit: Never sell a ship, you only gets petty cash for it ...

I already regret selling the Texas.. =/  But i now no longer have a Captain for the Fiji, so there isn't much point in keeping the Fiji. 

Players
205 posts
5,308 battles
4 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Premium time is usually the best way to earn more credits. Combined with your Sims, you should have no credit problem if you play her more often.

While true that the XP on your Sims is mostly useless, you can still use the free-XP you get with each match and especially important the captains XP. You should use your normal US-DD captain on her to train him further so you have a good captain when you reach Gearing.

I wouldn't bother thinking about the XP on those other ships. I have a few million XP on some ships ^^

What really matters is that you have fun playing your ships. If that is not the case, then stopping with this game might be the right decision.

I'm a little but OCD, i need everything squared off, minimal waste, set it up right. playing a Premium ship is great for the captain, part of reason i got the Sims over the Loyang, I had the concealment expert on my Farragut, which gave me a nice advantage at T6.. but the 80k xp sitting there on display bothers me when i think i could use that for an upgrade on this or that,  I'll mull it over more, great advice :)

thanks 

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,500 posts
13,723 battles
Vor 4 Minuten, Sark74 sagte:

I already regret selling the Texas.. =/ 

If it wasn't too long ago, you can ask customer support to revert this (of course you lose the credits, but can get the ship back), saying you accidentally sold it. WG is usually nice enough to do it, if it's only once ^^

• Cool 1

Players
205 posts
5,308 battles
2 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

If it wasn't too long ago, you can ask customer support to revert this (of course you lose the credits, but can get the ship back), saying you accidentally sold it. WG is usually nice enough to do it, if it's only once ^^

I dont have the 4m needed. =/ 

[UNICS]
Players
4,502 posts
15,942 battles

You're going to lose even more credits in tier 10. Just so you know. If you really like the gameplay of certain ships, it could be worth buying a premium camo for it. Helps the income aside from having a premium account. Might be good to consider your ambitions and if they align with what you believe to enjoy.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
26,344 posts
14,178 battles

You need ships you like to play that you continue to play and therefore keep. That way you make credits.

If you sell ships as soon as you research the next one and want to buy the next one immediately, you will be short on credits.

If some of your keepers are premium ships or ships Tier VIII and lower, you will make credits.

• Cool 1

Players
205 posts
5,308 battles
2 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

You're going to lose even more credits in tier 10. Just so you know. If you really like the gameplay of certain ships, it could be worth buying a premium camo for it. Helps the income aside from having a premium account. Might be good to consider your ambitions and if they align with what you believe to enjoy.

The ships i really like the is Japanese DD line, stealthy, long range torps, but other than just playing the game i need a purpose.. something to aim for, to work towards..  I haven't seen a Japanese Premium DD in the shop.

I think i'll just play the 3 ships I'm levelling until i use up the daily XP  bonus and then just play Sims for credits.. see if this will work. 

thanks 

Players
205 posts
5,308 battles
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

You need ships you like to play that you continue to play and therefore keep. That way you make credits.

If you sell ships as soon as you research the next one and want to buy the next one immediately, you will be short on credits.

If some of your keepers are premium ships or ships Tier VIII and lower, you will make credits.

I just tried to move my Edinburgh Captain back down to the Fiji, but i have to retrain him, which is weird considering he came from the Fiji, so now I'm stuck with a Fiji with no captain. =/ 

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,094 posts
8,458 battles
10 minutes ago, Sark74 said:

I think i'll just play the 3 ships I'm levelling until i use up the daily XP  bonus and then just play Sims for credits.. see if this will work. 

The Sims is a great moneymaker and often does not require that much effort to bring in quite a bit of money. Focus on getting caps and targeting other DD's and the rewards should be much better than what you can get with your normal ships.

Players
205 posts
5,308 battles
26 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Asashio....

Harekaze...

I don't like the Deep water torps, I started on the Pan Asia DD's and dropped them at T4, when they went under DD's cap fights.. =/ Not seen the Harekaze. so not sure about it.. 

**EDIT**... just watched a video on it, those 20km torps are ridiculous .. as far as i would say they're OP!.. 0.9 detection... 20km range.. smoke and reloader.. thats just King of the Sea, nice guns too for the cap knife fights.. 

Players
205 posts
5,308 battles
2 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

There is also the Shinonome, a T6 premium Japanese DD you can get for free by completing the Honorable Service campaign.

thats why i got the Edinburgh, i started on those today, working on them :) and the final task on the 1st tier tasks is 3m! :) 

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

Oh boy is this relatable :Smile_teethhappy: I can easily get the xp for 3...4 ships in the same time it takes me to get credits for one of them. But I play without premium acc. Since you have premium account that already makes things easier

Then next obvious thing would be - Zulu signal flags (+20% credits earned) (and Wyverns if you have them, maybe some camo that gives extra credits like Gamescom or that French one)

Tiers 5 to 8 are good for earning credits - and there are 2 ways to approach that

• One would be - find a ship in those tiers that you enjoy playing, and play it some more despite everything being unlocked on it. Amagi was my very 1st tier 8 ship, and I still play her, I just enjoy it. Farming credits while playing ships you like = great
  • The other (probably quicker) option is a premium ship. While 8s earn more than 7s - I'd say 7s tend to be better due to their rather good MM (while 8s get shafted most of the time). Premium ships earn more credits than their silver counterparts

And, of course, for (silver) ships that you like you can buy a permanent camo - make them into a mini-premium so to say. Would be far too expensive to do it on every ship, but if something is particularly likeable - might aswell.

Since Asashio was mentioned - better just wait for Herakaze to show up again, Asashio is truly straight up a terrible ship :Smile_teethhappy:

As for some sad news - At tier 9 with a premium acc you can still go equal / make some money, at tier 10... I think you have to run a premium camo (a pretty expensive one at that) to gain some profit. Mid tiers are where you get credits, high tiers are where you lose them :Smile_trollface:

(also to make you even happier a t10 ship alone costs around 20 mil credits, plus something around 7 mil on the modules :cap_fainting:)

• Cool 1

Players
205 posts
5,308 battles
19 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Tiers 5 to 8 are good for earning credits 

Since Asashio was mentioned - better just wait for Herakaze to show up again, Asashio is truly straight up a terrible ship 

I just thought a Premium Japanese DD T5 - 8 would be ideal, I enjoy my Kagero. Don't think I want a deep water Torp ship, I don't like to discriminate who I like to harrass, with the Asashio, once the BB's are down, it's just a gun ship :/ maybe I made the best choice already with Sims.. 

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
9 minutes ago, Sark74 said:

I just thought a Premium Japanese DD T5 - 8 would be ideal, I enjoy my Kagero.

Keep your fingers crossed that the Kamikaze (basically - a noticeably better version of the Minekaze which already isn't bad (or at least wasn't when I last played her)) makes a return to the shop then :Smile_teethhappy: one of the most OP ships in the whole game, even against 7s she doesn't really struggle

Also (I think this was already mentioned but just in case) if you complete the 2nd campaign (Honorable something something) you get the t6 She-no-know-me (I always mistake this ones name with the t7 gunboat She-writes-to-you) -> while I personally don't really like her, she does seem like a strong one

Nothing at tier 7, but yeah, Herakaze at tier 8 sounds like the ship that you probably want in that case :cap_like:

14 minutes ago, Sark74 said:

with the Asashio, once the BB's are down, it's just a gun ship

Exactly this. Add to that that the guns are the same as on the Kagero. And lets face it - Kagero is no gunboat either :Smile_trollface:

17 minutes ago, Sark74 said:

maybe I made the best choice already with Sims.. 

If you already have it, yeah. T7 premium, decent MM and should bring some good income. Just that I haven't heard much good about it :Smile_teethhappy: Then again, I've seen my clanmates working wonders in that thing, so who knows

Players
205 posts
5,308 battles
7 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Add to that that the guns are the same as on the Kagero. And lets face it - Kagero is no gunboat either :Smile_trollface:

I got into with Lo Yang a few games ago, he wouldn't leave me alone to torp his allies, as I don't play my Kagero with smoke I had to get into a gun battle and actually worked him down.. To my complete surprise.. I even took a screenshot of the damage done for a reminder lol 

Players
9,903 posts
11,621 battles
14 hours ago, Sark74 said:

I got into with Lo Yang a few games ago, he wouldn't leave me alone to torp his allies, as I don't play my Kagero with smoke I had to get into a gun battle and actually worked him down.. To my complete surprise.. I even took a screenshot of the damage done for a reminder lol 

Some people simply forget about their guns. Or forget to not pick long range gunfights with Freedom Dual Purpose Mortars.

Regarding credits, tier 9 is THE most expensive, as T9 ship + modules (hull, guns etc) often cost more than actual T10 ship. Also T10 will make you bleed of credits unless you have premium acc AND you play them well. Other option is to fork out 5k doubloons for permanent premium camo, which gives considerable economy advantages.

If you like Kagero, then look out for Harekaze should she ever return to the store. Interesting little Kagero class boat with 3 different gun setups to reflect her refits in anime. Standard IJN 127mm, 100mm type 98 and American 5in/54, though in single mounts making then effectively the worst option

• Cool 1

Players
205 posts
5,308 battles
On 5/8/2018 at 10:05 PM, Panocek said:

Some people simply forget about their guns. Or forget to not pick long range gunfights with Freedom Dual Purpose Mortars.

Regarding credits, tier 9 is THE most expensive, as T9 ship + modules (hull, guns etc) often cost more than actual T10 ship. Also T10 will make you bleed of credits unless you have premium acc AND you play them well. Other option is to fork out 5k doubloons for permanent premium camo, which gives considerable economy advantages.

If you like Kagero, then look out for Harekaze should she ever return to the store. Interesting little Kagero class boat with 3 different gun setups to reflect her refits in anime. Standard IJN 127mm, 100mm type 98 and American 5in/54, though in single mounts making then effectively the worst option

Some good advice, No premium ships i like that I'm willing to buy sadly, So I've decided to quit.. the game is fun, but the economics's are too screwed. I just wanted to get a shimakazi and i would be happy to play lower tiers or premiums.. but i play 7 days a week ... earned 3m this week, so at that rate.. it will take me a month to get the yugamo even tho i have the xp spent!.. thats messed up in my opinion.. 

Thanks for all the answers and helpful advice. 

Best wishes 

Players
9,903 posts
11,621 battles
2 hours ago, Sark74 said:

Some good advice, No premium ships i like that I'm willing to buy sadly, So I've decided to quit.. the game is fun, but the economics's are too screwed. I just wanted to get a shimakazi and i would be happy to play lower tiers or premiums.. but i play 7 days a week ... earned 3m this week, so at that rate.. it will take me a month to get the yugamo even tho i have the xp spent!.. thats messed up in my opinion.. 

Thanks for all the answers and helpful advice. 

Best wishes 

Well, you're kinda rushing through tiers and stats reflect that, not helped by playing mostly IJN destroyers. So credits shortage in this situation is pretty much working as intended

Players
205 posts
5,308 battles
42 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Well, you're kinda rushing through tiers 

I started playing all sorts.. and had various at 5 & 6.. but the lack of credits means i abandoned/Sold most for fund what i have. The Cleveland, Nurnberg, Orion, Kaiser, still have them but rarely see use now, others like Pan-Asia DD's all sold. I decided to just focus on what i enjoy to keep costs down, I've earned the XP without using any xp boost via Doubloon's or any other means.. I have 175k elite xp sitting there, 100k from the Sims alone!..  I've played the games!.. so No i haven't rushed through the tiers. If you mean by stats shows.. that's fair, I'm not the best and i'll never be a rank 1 player, but if that means i shouldn't be able to earn enough credit to get some T-X's ... Fine!, 100% sure its not the game for me, right choice has been made.