Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
dc_79

The border force

16 comments in this topic

Players
15 posts
1,313 battles

Hi all

My first post on here and as a noob its probably been addressd but why oh why have wg not done anything about ships sailing the border and been almost immune to damage?

I played only 600 or so battles but I've seen this trick happen more than I'd like when a enemy ship runs to the border and bounces off it and is almost impossible to kill all while spamming back at his chases.

Couldn't wg just add a damage applied penalty to hitting the border? That way you could ignore those that do it as they would just blow up anyway?

Other than that really annoying part of the game I'm really enjoying the start of this game it's way better than wot.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,868 posts
9,434 battles

Ships in contact with the border lose 50% engine power.

Super easy to hit as they are moving very sluggish.

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

yeah I dont see where you get that "almost immune" bit from... just takes a little bit of practice to adjust your aim to murderizing a bordersurfer :)

• Cool 1

Players
15 posts
1,313 battles

I don't know had a game yesterday 3 t8 shooting one t7 and we could not hit him, It was like dispersion goes funny like the island bug? I know I'm new and it could just be me but 3 of us not able to land a salvo on him? I gave up in the end and sailed the other way. When he was sat in open water we murdered him before he started humping the border.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,655 posts
11,732 battles
2 minutes ago, dc_79 said:

I don't know had a game yesterday 3 t8 shooting one t7 and we could not hit him, It was like dispersion goes funny like the island bug? I know I'm new and it could just be me but 3 of us not able to land a salvo on him? I gave up in the end and sailed the other way. When he was sat in open water we murdered him before he started humping the border.

It's not dispersion. It's problems with aiming, I'm afraid...

The ships glued to the border behave a bit strangely (sliding on the border isn't a natural way for ships in WoWs to move, after all) which can throw the aim off a bit - especially when the shooter lacks experience. On the other hand: a border-glued ship has it really hard to move and turn properly, making him - despite all the aforementioned aiming problems - a sitting duck. The movements might be less predictable but they are also much, much more sluggish than normal.

Players
15 posts
1,313 battles

Well the interaction between ship and border has to be one of the worse designed parts of the game imo.

Flat earthers should design the maps so the border humpers just fall off.

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,114 posts
8,935 battles
2 minutes ago, dc_79 said:

Well the interaction between ship and border has to be one of the worse designed parts of the game imo.

Flat earthers should design the maps so the border humpers just fall off.

But according to those fools, there's a wall at the end

• Cool 1

Players
15 posts
1,313 battles
Just now, domen3 said:

But according to those fools, there's a wall at the end

I'm doomed to my curse of cross eyed shooting forever then? Feels bad man.....

[BOBS2]
[BOBS2]
Players
529 posts
17,776 battles

Puzzled. I thought I heard somewhere that there is a small degree of aim-assist in World of Warships so if you are locked on to a ship you have a fraction more of a chance to hit them, and that was mentioned in the context of how a ship sliding along the border throws that assistance off. So you need to compensate for that as well as for how strange the ship is moving, rather than it just being how strange the ship is moving.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
56 minutes ago, Johmie said:

I heard somewhere that there is a small degree of aim-assist in World of Warships so if you are locked on to a ship you have a fraction more of a chance to hit them

Yes, that is true. As far as I understand it - it averages between where you aimed and the perfect aim.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, when you are not locked on target your dispersion values are worse, but that might be wrong

58 minutes ago, Johmie said:

and that was mentioned in the context of how a ship sliding along the border throws that assistance off.

If I remember correctly that used to be the case - game would think that the ship is still going forwards not sideways. Afaik it has been fixed and works correctly now (well, at least it does with torps)

Bordersurfing ships are a case of practice. Play more and you'll get better at shooting them.

Basically don't look at it as a ship going sideways - look at it as a ship who's going parallel to map border at a slower speed. That's the best explanation I can give for it

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,770 posts
19,435 battles

When you see someone humping the border, shoot the blue line with an appropriate lead.

• Cool 1

[BOBS2]
[BOBS2]
Players
529 posts
17,776 battles

Glad to hear that it has been fixed; explains why people were saying with such certainty that it was "lern-2-aim" rather than there being the extra problem. Thanks for the information and correction.

• Cool 1

Players
15 posts
1,313 battles
4 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

When you see someone humping the border, shoot the blue line with an appropriate lead.

Thanks for the advice I will give it a try.

• Cool 1

[IRQ]
Players
2,930 posts
7,510 battles

Someone whined that I abused the border in Ranked before. Which may have been true, but when the other option is to turn broadside to a battleship, you kind of don't have a choice. Especially if you're on low health.

I don't really have much of a problem hitting those on the border, though. Since they're blocked in one direction which forces their position at a single line for quite a while, it's easier to hit on that line. Torpedoes are a little trickier, but then you can usually get close enough to just not give them any escape, since, as mentioned, they're only at 50% power.

[UNICS]
Players
1,350 posts
20,072 battles

sorry it was me trying to sail to my next team

EDIT: As said before , shoot at line + Look at the smoke stack to see where to aim or use torpedo tubes to get direction and speed

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
4,762 posts
19,838 battles
13 hours ago, Ysterpyp said:

sorry it was me trying to sail to my next team

EDIT: As said before , shoot at line + Look at the smoke stack to see where to aim or use torpedo tubes to get direction and speed

Of course the target might be a nasty sealclubber in his Yubari, changing "direction" on the map edge all the time, causing the BaBByseals shooting at him to go into a frenzy, due the shots missing, while Yubari's guns do their little "plnk-plink" damage and start fires every couple seconds...

So yeah, it takes a bit of practice to hit targets on the map edge. And some players/ships are better to use the map edge to their advantage... :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this