Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AlbaMaris

Clan and Division Invitations

2 comments in this topic

Players
9 posts

I've had a number of invitations to join divisions and clans. I ignored them because I didn't want to offer a flat no without explanation.

I think that while my profile was public it may have given people the impression that I'd be a worthwhile addition to their group. I don't think so.

I'm 72 years old. I have a serious heart condition which does all sorts of weird things to me if I get excited or stressed.  My eyesight is deteriorating, so I can't read on-screen messages very well and younger players will have much sharper reactions.

I was, in my younger years, a professional soldier so there's just no way I'd volunteer to be part of a team if I had any doubts about my ability to cut it. I'd hate to accept and then turn out to be the team's weakest link.

So, this is just an apology to those who extended invitations that I didn't respond to.  Thanks for inviting me.  I hope that my explanation helps you understand my silence.  I'm not an anti-social loner. I'm just an old guy who recognises his own limitations. I don't like it, but there's not much I can do about it. :}

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
Players
2,748 posts
13,706 battles

@AlbaMaris

hi albamaris, thanks for your service

whilst  i appreciate your stand on things, clan membership is a lot more than just playing a game, it's a community, a group of similarly minded guys (and some girls) who help/support each other, listen to each others problems etc, not all clans are full of spotty kids either.

as long as you're prepared to chat on discord / TS there's not much you can't do, if you want to give clan membership a try let me know...

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this