Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MassiveDYT

Question about Adrenalin Rush + Healing

22 comments in this topic

[HOOD]
Beta Tester
830 posts
3,978 battles

Hi,

Was just wondering about the wording on the skill that grants reload speed for every % of hp LOST.

Lost? Does that mean your current HP state or the hp that you LOST?

Like if you are at 50% hp, but heal back up to 60% hp? Does the Adrenalin Rush buff decrease due to heal or does it stay the same.

[SCRUB]
Players
3,787 posts
17,324 battles

I think it's your current health.

i.e. if you heal, your reload increases (slightly)

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts
9 minutes ago, MassiveDYT said:

Hi,

Was just wondering about the wording on the skill that grants reload speed for every % of hp LOST.

Lost? Does that mean your current HP state or the hp that you LOST?

Like if you are at 50% hp, but heal back up to 60% hp? Does the Adrenalin Rush buff decrease due to heal or does it stay the same.

Current HP, if it was otherwise in a long game where lots of HP tanked and healed back the effect would be bonkers.

[SCRUB]
Players
3,787 posts
17,324 battles
Just now, BeauNidl3 said:

Current HP, if it was otherwise in a long game where lots of HP tanked and healed back the effect would be bonkers.

Imagine a Conqueror that took mostly fire damage and used up all its heals .. :cap_fainting:

• Funny 1

Players
8,114 posts
8,919 battles
1 minute ago, lup3s said:

Imagine a Conqueror that took mostly fire damage and used up all its heals .. :cap_fainting:

Imagine a Minotaur that went through all its heals. Can you even click that fast? RIP LMB.

• Funny 1

[HOOD]
Beta Tester
830 posts
3,978 battles

Alright, thanks for answering, I was theory-crafting a bit with Khabarovsk between 2 builds, 1 that runs Adrenalin Rush and the other that runs BFT.

Basically 10% fire rate boost all the time vs 0%/10%/19% fire rate boost some of the time. It seems that BFT might be a bit more useful on the Kebab because of the healing (which I run with Superintendent)

Players
8,114 posts
8,919 battles
2 minutes ago, MassiveDYT said:

Alright, thanks for answering, I was theory-crafting a bit with Khabarovsk between 2 builds, 1 that runs Adrenalin Rush and the other that runs BFT.

Basically 10% fire rate boost all the time vs 0%/10%/19% fire rate boost some of the time. It seems that BFT might be a bit more useful on the Kebab because of the healing (which I run with Superintendent)

Likely. With AR, you'd have to try stay at 50% hp all the time to get the same benefit and while heals actually enable such hp management more, you'd likely be faster to get blapped. Also, Kebab torps aren't useful enough to make the reload worth much. On something like a Z-52, it's way better, because if you lose most of your hp, you don't just have better reload, you also can spam torpedoes like mad now.

[HOOD]
Beta Tester
830 posts
3,978 battles
2 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

Likely. With AR, you'd have to try stay at 50% hp all the time to get the same benefit and while heals actually enable such hp management more, you'd likely be faster to get blapped. Also, Kebab torps aren't useful enough to make the reload worth much. On something like a Z-52, it's way better, because if you lose most of your hp, you don't just have better reload, you also can spam torpedoes like mad now.

Yes, my thoughts exactly.

I just wanted to make sure that I'm not missing something with AR due to misleading description :)

Now I know, I'll go with BFT. Thanks everyone.

/thread

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts
7 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

Imagine a Minotaur that went through all its heals. Can you even click that fast? RIP LMB.

No need, just tape the button down.

Adrenaline rush is a nice skill if you can spare the 2 points, but since you're considering BFT for Khaba rate of fire that seems a sensible choice.

Players
8,114 posts
8,919 battles
Just now, BeauNidl3 said:

Adrenaline rush is a nice skill if you can spare the 2 points, but since you're considering BFT for Khaba rate of fire that seems a sensible choice.

Guns then fire sequentially. If AR worked on total hp lost, then after all heals, you'd likely have Turret #1 reloaded by the time turret #3 fired, but it won't fire until turret #5 fired, which is a waste of dpm.

[HOOD]
Beta Tester
830 posts
3,978 battles
5 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

I'm plotting this build for the Kebabarovsk

1.png

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts

Purely personal taste, in my DD's I take Preventative rather than Priority, I assume if spotted everyone and their relatives will be shooting at me, but the Khaba isn't really high on the sneaky front so different approach makes sense.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,819 posts
10,972 battles

I love Adrenalin Rush!

My Khabarovsk:

1.png.8dd6a40dad6b38c1883f211745780b72.thumb.png.c3234c7257fddcd37e28a247aab3a93d.png

• Cool 1

[HOOD]
Beta Tester
830 posts
3,978 battles
18 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

I love Adrenalin Rush!

My Khabarovsk:

1.png.8dd6a40dad6b38c1883f211745780b72.thumb.png.c3234c7257fddcd37e28a247aab3a93d.png

Well that was my second choice of build, but Adrenalin Rush seems to be sub-par due to healing. 

I think it's better to have 10% dpm boost all the time, than 0%/5%/10%/18% boost sometimes, and if you are dropping superintendent you are missing out on so much healing (especially with the 20% more healing flag) and the boost, especially if you have the rare +50% acceleration boost time (which I have), superintendent is a must on Khaba I think. 

In fact it would make way more sense for you to drop Survival Expert and put Superintended back on, more overall value and more total health. Unless you are running smoke instead of healing.

Players
1,022 posts
5,416 battles
38 minutes ago, MassiveDYT said:

Well that was my second choice of build, but Adrenalin Rush seems to be sub-par due to healing. 

I think it's better to have 10% dpm boost all the time, than 0%/5%/10%/18% boost sometimes, and if you are dropping superintendent you are missing out on so much healing (especially with the 20% more healing flag) and the boost, especially if you have the rare +50% acceleration boost time (which I have), superintendent is a must on Khaba I think. 

In fact it would make way more sense for you to drop Survival Expert and put Superintended back on, more overall value and more total health. Unless you are running smoke instead of healing.

Hmmm... but then a Khaba can die to a single shima torp, no? 

[BLITZ]
Players
2,819 posts
10,972 battles
41 minutes ago, MassiveDYT said:

In fact it would make way more sense for you to drop Survival Expert and put Superintended back on, more overall value and more total health.

Survivability Expert should give you more total health than Superintendant.

[HOOD]
Beta Tester
830 posts
3,978 battles
4 minutes ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

Hmmm... but then a Khaba can die to a single shima torp, no? 

mmm, no? And why would you get hit by Shima torps , usually dd's dont wanna go anywhere near you, and you should be arty-snipping anyway, it's a very unusual situation to be hit by shima torp :D

[HOOD]
Beta Tester
830 posts
3,978 battles
1 minute ago, SeeteufeI said:

Survivability Expert should give you more total health than Superintendant.

With the 20% flag I think you heal for like 5-6k , not sure, but I think its higher than just +3500 health. In anyway, I run both

[BLITZ]
Players
2,819 posts
10,972 battles
6 minutes ago, MassiveDYT said:

With the 20% flag I think you heal for like 5-6k , not sure, but I think its higher than just +3500 health

22,500 + 3,780 (with India Delta) * 4 = 37,620
26,000 + 4,368 (with India Delta) * 3 = 39,104

Players
1,022 posts
5,416 battles
14 minutes ago, MassiveDYT said:

mmm, no? And why would you get hit by Shima torps , usually dd's dont wanna go anywhere near you, and you should be arty-snipping anyway, it's a very unusual situation to be hit by shima torp :D

I was just asking because I'm the kind of

1488408555.jpg

Who will throw torps your way ;).

[HOOD]
Beta Tester
830 posts
3,978 battles
17 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

22,500 + 3,780 (with India Delta) * 4 = 37,620
26,000 + 4,368 (with India Delta) * 3 = 39,104

alright, fair enough

Sign in to follow this