You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Scarebird

Pink player due to dc

8 comments in this topic

[SKIDZ]
Beta Tester
176 posts
10,669 battles

A number of people have reported experiencing game crashes and disconnects since the last update.  I've experienced a few myself, but what pees me off is that I've been turned pink because of it.  I was a standard player and had just logged in to a Co-op battle when I suffered a dc/crash.  This was yesterday, and have just logged back in for the first time since then this evening, to be welcomed by a message saying that basically I am now pink due to a) Team damage or b) logging off early or c) inactivity, and that I now have to play 5 battles to restore my 'clean' status.  Well it wasn't due to team damage, as I never got to fire a shot, and I very much doubt it was due to inactivity because I wasn't logged in.  I can only assume that my crash was interpreted by the game as leaving the battle early.  I would think that the devs would include some sort of check that the player had acknowledged the warning you get when trying to leave a battle early before blighting them with pink status.  Or maybe the game really did consider me to be inactive despite my complete departure from the game.  Who knows?  All I know is that Wargaming needs to short this crap out!

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,500 posts
13,669 battles

So you have a game crash early in the game before you fired any shots. Then you don't restart the game and just continue to play, but instead you shut the game down and ignore it. Which basically means you left the game early. And now you are surprised you get punished for leaving the game early? :fish_palm:

I had some crashes lately too (about one each day) but I never turned pink for it. So apparently the system is working perfectly as intended. Good job, Wargaming.

[SKIDZ]
Beta Tester
176 posts
10,669 battles
12 hours ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

So you have a game crash early in the game before you fired any shots. Then you don't restart the game and just continue to play, but instead you shut the game down and ignore it. Which basically means you left the game early. And now you are surprised you get punished for leaving the game early? :fish_palm:

I had some crashes lately too (about one each day) but I never turned pink for it. So apparently the system is working perfectly as intended. Good job, Wargaming.

I tried to get back in but I couldn't.  So no, I didn't just leave the game but was punished for a problem not of my making.  If you believe that is working as intended I pity you when you come across a similar problem and don't get resolution.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

5 battles? isn't "first offense" just 2? or you getting yourself pink repeatedly? :Smile_teethhappy:

And yes - as it was already said - restart the client and log back in, keep playing the battle you already started.

I can say exactly what @Commander_Cornflakes said, so instead I'll just quote him so you can re-read the same sentence:

14 hours ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

I had some crashes lately too but I never turned pink for it. So apparently the system is working perfectly as intended.

[SKIDZ]
Beta Tester
176 posts
10,669 battles
46 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

5 battles? isn't "first offense" just 2? or you getting yourself pink repeatedly? :Smile_teethhappy:

And yes - as it was already said - restart the client and log back in, keep playing the battle you already started.

I can say exactly what @Commander_Cornflakes said, so instead I'll just quote him so you can re-read the same sentence:

You're making assumptions that I didn't try to restart the client.  I tried repeatedly to log back in, but kept getting a 'Connection Error' message and couldn't re-join the battle.  Yes I had been pink previously, but had cleared that particular misdemeanour, for which I hold my hands up.  To get a second helping of pinkness through no fault of my own seems a little harsh.

[UNICS]
Players
1,350 posts
20,113 battles

This also happend to me , my isp was being a potato , dc in one battle = pink , thought they resolved the issue . Tried to play a second one , orange color . 

Tried to play co-op , kept dcing and had to play 20 co-op battles after it. 

It sucked so bad, ISP sometimes man