You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Xanta99

Quick tip for Russian missions for Captain

25 comments in this topic

[-NFG-]
[-NFG-]
Players
213 posts
7,596 battles

Have to get three german kills and tired of fighting over the one (or no) ship that happens to spawn in random/coop?   Got friends to div with?  Run Killer whale.  Almost all the ships are german.  Doesn't even matter if you win, the kills count anyway -although we 5 starred it with four, yay for clan.  The CVs also count as Japanese (though Raptor rescue is up so Japanese kills are easy) and anyone still on part 1 can farm ribbons happily in peace softening up targets for other to finish off.

• Cool 8

Beta Tester
3,159 posts
3,608 battles
1 hour ago, Xanta99 said:

Have to get three german kills and tired of fighting over the one (or no) ship that happens to spawn in random/coop?   Got friends to div with?  Run Killer whale.  Almost all the ships are german.  Doesn't even matter if you win, the kills count anyway -although we 5 starred it with four, yay for clan.  The CVs also count as Japanese (though Raptor rescue is up so Japanese kills are easy) and anyone still on part 1 can farm ribbons happily in peace softening up targets for other to finish off.

Thanks for the tip! :Smile_great:

Beta Tester
1,036 posts
11,131 battles

That how I got my three Japanese kills in one game. :cap_like:

Beta Tester, Players
365 posts

Tried this. Selected Budyonny, selected OOTW, got put into random. Guess there were not enough players. As I wasn't interested in playing random, I quit back to garage. Thanks WG. Why the fsck would you drop someone into a different game type?

Players
5,976 posts
11,331 battles
8 hours ago, Xanta99 said:

This is how I gotten those 3 German kills yesterday. It works :Smile_great:

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,591 posts
7 hours ago, TigerMoth said:

Tried this. Selected Budyonny, selected OOTW, got put into random. Guess there were not enough players. As I wasn't interested in playing random, I quit back to garage. Thanks WG. Why the fsck would you drop someone into a different game type?

Wow, you sure? I've gotten scenarios with just 4 players (obviously we lose) and as low as 3v3 in randoms when trying to play tier 2 at 3AM but never a different game mode.

Beta Tester, Players
365 posts
5 hours ago, StringWitch said:

Wow, you sure? I've gotten scenarios with just 4 players (obviously we lose) and as low as 3v3 in randoms when trying to play tier 2 at 3AM but never a different game mode.

Positive. I was so shocked I checked when I got back to the garage. Unfortunately, my nvidia recording was off, so I couldn't save the moment.

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator, Players
278 posts
13,212 battles

I'm already working on my T6 RU cruiser (Bud) and just played it for a few matches. 3 JP and 3 DE kills isn't exactly hard. You have plenty of time for it if you're not into playing scenarios (like I am).

[H_FAN]
Players
2,568 posts
40,837 battles
47 minutes ago, TigerMoth said:

Positive. I was so shocked I checked when I got back to the garage. Unfortunately, my nvidia recording was off, so I couldn't save the moment.

But if you lose does not matter, it is the kills therefor it feels better to do the scenarios or coop. From 3 coops I got 1 German, then I played 1 scenario and got the 3 IJN ships. But I hope I can get the German soon.

[DAVY]
Players
2,736 posts
13,663 battles

finished it this morning, got the 25k xp in the kutuzov in ranked, in 5 battles...

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,591 posts
3 hours ago, TigerMoth said:

I got it just now, I think, at near peak time too. Reporting as a bug.

• Cool 1

Players
354 posts
10,786 battles

The thing that does not work is this: many players (even me at the beginning) to do these missions with a selected target (3 Japanese, 50,000 damage to the American with Japanese ships, and so on)  they are no longer interested in the battle, but they chase after the ship they must hit for the mission ( also strategically committing suicide (I saw scrambling to found a ship!) , even up to the grotesque, yesterday in a battle we were all Russians! All! Result ?: Ruined match!  Now the same thing will happen for the German Captain.  I am sure that the artists who invent the WG missions can find another way to bring them to the end and have the prizes, but certainly that of the selected objectives (except perhaps in Scenario battles) is for me a bad idea, bad, really bad.

Players
1,075 posts
12,563 battles
58 minutes ago, Toxoplasmosi said:

The thing that does not work is this: many players (even me at the beginning) to do these missions with a selected target (3 Japanese, 50,000 damage to the American with Japanese ships, and so on)  they are no longer interested in the battle, but they chase after the ship they must hit for the mission ( also strategically committing suicide (I saw scrambling to found a ship!) , even up to the grotesque, yesterday in a battle we were all Russians! All! Result ?: Ruined match!  Now the same thing will happen for the German Captain.  I am sure that the artists who invent the WG missions can find another way to bring them to the end and have the prizes, but certainly that of the selected objectives (except perhaps in Scenario battles) is for me a bad idea, bad, really bad.

Reminds me of the ARP Nachi mission with all those Russian kills... the only one I didn't have...

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
26,191 posts
14,119 battles

Or just play normaly in random...

Some people sound like somebody would force them to calaculate the course for a mars rocket by hand.

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,548 posts
17,780 battles

I did the Japanese kills in one game of the Operation of the Week, and switched to randoms (a mode I stopped playing about a month ago) with Buddyonny to get the Germans.

It took me 7 battles to get the three German ships. 3 battlehips of course, what else could be: A Gneisenau, a Bismarck and a Bayern (in that order). 

Players
354 posts
10,786 battles
14 ore fa, Oldschool_Gaming_YT ha scritto:

Usually 2 or 3 games of random in the Kutuzov takes care of this problem.

image.png.655a324073967bbad9a704b6579926f5.png

Oldschool, is not how to solve the problem (Kutuzov? not all players have this -hope to find soon in the shop), certainly if you play 100 games, for example, sooner or later 3 + 3 you do it. The fact is that during these missions, the priority target is NOT to support the team, conquer the areas or win the game, but IS going to hunt for these specific ships (if any) without worrying about the game. This ruins, to all, a lot of matches, both teams. This was my experience.

[CATS]
Players
26,191 posts
14,119 battles

Players play bad every day. Did not notice any difference. To honest my game experience was quite pleasant last weekend.

Players
354 posts
10,786 battles
12 minuti fa, ColonelPete ha scritto:

Players play bad every day. Did not notice any difference. To honest my game experience was quite pleasant last weekend.

Just for this reason (I'm one of those who play badly :-( but I'm learning - I hope this, ha ha ha) would not it be better to avoid a worse game? A pleasant or unpleasant weekend happens to everyone, always, not concern missions. 

Players
1,075 posts
12,563 battles
15 hours ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

Usually 2 or 3 games of random in the Kutuzov takes care of this problem.

I tried in my Chapayev... 0 German ships on the enemy team and German ships on mine... typical! :cap_viking:

• Funny 2

[SM0KE]
Players
5,436 posts
13,399 battles

I just played multiple games in coop to tick off the IJN and KM kills bits of the mission; the games tend to be done so quickly, you can soon move onto the next.

That said, I'm another that doesn't approve of this type of mission, for all the 'anti teamplay' reasons that others have elucidated elsewhere...

• Cool 1