Sign in to follow this  
Kleezs

Current and/or Past Events / combat missions

8 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts

Hi,

As a relatively new player (started a few weeks ago), I was wondering if there is a way to finish events after the deadline if you already started them. Currently on part 2 of the Varyag missions and I really would like to finish them. The deadline is sadly already in a few hours and I can't finish it in time. I only started them last week and with only one rank 5 ship unlocked it is a bit hard to do quickly. If I had noticed there were missions you could do to unlock new and cool ships, I could have started a few days earlier. A good tip for Wargaming would be to make it easier to spot the missions and events, like a popup when you login or something.

Also, is it is possible to play earlier events? Or are they going to be recreated at a later date for when the game releases and goes into version 1.0 and beyond? All the programming is done, it is just a matter of giving new players the option of doing all the content.

So, can I still finish the mission because I already started or am I just unlucky to have started playing WoWs a week or so too late for this mission?

[CATS]
Players
26,203 posts
14,119 battles

No, you cannot.

Btw, some people on the forum think you get more stuff for not playing. If you follow their advice you have to be inactive for many months.

• Funny 1

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,831 posts
Vor 1 Stunde, Kleezs sagte:

A good tip for Wargaming would be to make it easier to spot the missions and events, like a popup when you login or something.

- everything is announced on the webpage

- everything is listed in the event overview ingame-

- new stuff on the portal is also signalized ingame

Players
2 posts

I don't think you should get more by playing less or being inactive, that does not make any sense. I haven't even been playing for that long. Some people act as though this game has been out for years, but it is still in version 0.7.4.0 and so far really good. The only thing I asked for was a way out of my dilemma of already putting 2/3 of the effort in and wanting to finish it. Apparently there is not a way, aside from maybe waiting for when the event pops up again. (and starting all over)

As for announcing things, you make a great point. It doesn't work though, yesterday is the first day I ever set foot on the official webpage. As with many, I simply downloaded the game from steam. I also had to unlock the missions tab first to be able to see it in game ;)

[TTT]
Players
2,095 posts
21,141 battles

@Kleezs

First of all, welcome to WoWS!

Don't worry, there will be missions and challenges like these every week / month. Most of the time you get camos, signal flags or xp bonuses. Ships are rather rare, like 2 - 3 times per year. You will never know which ship it will be until it is announced, there is no way of telling if we will see a specific ship again.

[SM0KE]
Players
5,439 posts
13,436 battles
12 hours ago, Kleezs said:

A good tip for Wargaming would be to make it easier to spot the missions and events, like a popup when you login or something.

Most (all?) events get a 'news' story announcing them, and giving an outline of the requirements; you should see a red logo appear top-left of your port screen (by your in-game name) whenever there is a new item to be read. Suggest looking at the in-game news items whenever you see this red icon.

Also, down the left of your port screen you have several areas which link to indicators showing which missions etc you have active, which also show your progress when you click into them.

For most things, you get shown everything in game, provided you have familiarised yourself with where to look. The only potential pitfall is that some missions require you to do something else before they activate (for example, you only got the recent 'space' ships by winning a battle in an appropriate class); this stuff is announced in news stories though, so see the first sentence again.

Edit: WG don't have the most effective proof-readers, so always double check in-game that mission requirements match with what you read in the relevant news story!

Players
2,098 posts
4,794 battles
14 hours ago, Kleezs said:

Or are they going to be recreated at a later date for when the game releases and goes into version 1.0 and beyond?

5 hours ago, Kleezs said:

Some people act as though this game has been out for years, but it is still in version 0.7.4.0 and so far really good.

WarGaming is a bit funny like this. The game was released back in September 2015, version 0.5.something? (IDK, I didn't start playing until October 2016 with the release of the RN Cruisers)

WG seem to like their games version numbers being 0.something, with their flagship title, World of Tanks, only just recently updating to version 1.0, despite being 'released' for 10-odd years already.

So, contrary to popular logic, WoWS is actually already 'full' and is just receiving updates every-now-and-then.

5 hours ago, Kleezs said:

Apparently there is not a way, aside from maybe waiting for when the event pops up again. (and starting all over)

Low-tier premiums (such as Varyag) seem to get these events to earn them for free whenever they are released; sadly as a ship can only be 'released' once if you miss the event the first time you will have to buy the ship if you want to add it to your port in future, sorry to burst your bubble there.

Take heart in this much, though: I've heard she's basically a nerfed Oleg, which in turn is a stock Bogatyr, so if you want to play something like her but better, she's already in-game for free!:cap_like:

[CATS]
Players
26,203 posts
14,119 battles
7 hours ago, Kleezs said:

I don't think you should get more by playing less or being inactive, that does not make any sense. I haven't even been playing for that long. Some people act as though this game has been out for years, but it is still in version 0.7.4.0 and so far really good. The only thing I asked for was a way out of my dilemma of already putting 2/3 of the effort in and wanting to finish it. Apparently there is not a way, aside from maybe waiting for when the event pops up again. (and starting all over)

As for announcing things, you make a great point. It doesn't work though, yesterday is the first day I ever set foot on the official webpage. As with many, I simply downloaded the game from steam. I also had to unlock the missions tab first to be able to see it in game ;)

As you are a new player, do not worry. There will be more and better missions like that.

These missions are not for beginners, that is why you saw them that late, after getting the necessary account level.

If you play some more, you will get access to the permanent campaigns, which give additional rewards, and you can take all the time you want.

Sign in to follow this