Sign in to follow this  
Ronny_250

Submarines war

11 comments in this topic

[AKI]
Players
80 posts
19,195 battles

Yes, the once putted a sub in the game in the end of March 2017...

but no, no subs will ever be implemented in this game ._.

Players
41 posts
2,641 battles

It's so stupid, come up with something serious instead.
Silient Hunter III and VI is a great submarine game that you can play.

[SM0KE]
Players
5,424 posts
13,375 battles
23 hours ago, Ronny_250 said:

:cap_cool:Did wargaming ever thought including submarines war in the range of warships?

The whole game is balanced/coded around surface combatants, so submarines are unlikely to be implemented.

This question turns up every few months, so you may get a few sarcastic replies...

Players
7 posts
488 battles

Thanks to Larse8x for his sarcastic answer. I got but Silent Hunter III several years ago but it doesn't run on my PC: I have windows 7.

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,120 posts
8,946 battles

Edit: wrong thread

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,591 posts
9 hours ago, Ronny_250 said:

Thanks to Larse8x for his sarcastic answer. I got but Silent Hunter III several years ago but it doesn't run on my PC: I have windows 7.

You might be interested in Cold Waters.

Beta Tester
270 posts

I dont think sub's would fit in here. 

Submarine gameplay would be like moving submerged at top speed, which is still quite slow in this game. Here some data on typical WW2 subs:  The german Type VII was the most numerous u-boat of the Kriegsmarine,  it's top speed was only around 8 knots underwater. The Royal Navy's standard oceangoing sub at the time was the T-class, which go a whopping 9 knots while being submerged. Typical USN subs like the Salmon, Sargo and Tambor class could keep up with dreadnought-style battleships, but when submerged these would  also crawl around the water at an unremarkable pace of around 9 knots. Although there are some subs of that time which would go relatively fast underwater, (German Elektroboot; 17 knots submerged. Japanese I-200; 19 knots submerged) these boats would still be quite slow to this game's standards. 

I dont see what value subs could add to this game. This game already has ships which can launch volley's of torps at ships while being undetected, while doing so at greater volumes than a WW2 submarine ever could to achieve, while possesing greater mobility. 

Players
2,182 posts
20,314 battles
Vor 17 Stunden, Marlekin sagte:

I dont see what value subs could add to this game.

On the surface, which is where the subs back then mostly sailed, they would just be a bit slower than the slowest BBs or Katori, at 16 to 17 knots. Even then though, they'd have a concealment of maybe a kilometre or less. This they could use to get in position, then dive to periscope depth, again reducing concealment to maybe 100 or 200 metres, and attack.

On the other hand, the depth charge rails and projectors seen on many DDs as inert ornaments could then be activated as a countermeasure.

Researchable upgrade modules might include a snorkel so they could stay submerged through the whole game and run on their Diesels at maybe 12 to 14 knots.

Bigger types might lay mines.

In scenarios, they might even capture freighters at gunpoint ;-) The type VII had a single 88mm gun and the type IX had the same 105mm gun as used on the smaller German DDs in the game if I'm not mistaken.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utof

Beta Tester
270 posts

You somehow made that sound more boring than I already imagined submarine gameplay would be like. 

Sign in to follow this