You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Atorpad

what am i doing wrong? (using spotter plane)

4 comments in this topic

Question

[ARYA]
Players
596 posts
15,400 battles

Hi

When i am using spotter plane target is locked on a ship but when zooming in it doesn't show the ship (usually it goes max range or too far ) you have to move the mouse and find the target but it is not same when not using it ! i just lock on target an press the button . what am i doing wrong?

excuse me for my english . 

3 answers to this question

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
2 hours ago, Atorpad said:

Hi

When i am using spotter plane target is locked on a ship but when zooming in it doesn't show the ship (usually it goes max range or too far ) you have to move the mouse and find the target but it is not same when not using it ! i just lock on target an press the button . what am i doing wrong?

This, so frikin' annoying :cap_viking:

I'm pretty sure it zooms in keeping the exact point you are looking at as it is - which is where this problem comes from

In a battle (or training room) keep an eye on the distance marker as you are looking in a straight line away from your ship - notice how as you go further the distance starts to jump more and more rapidly for smaller and smaller distances that you moved your mouse.

As an example, while playing a high-er tier BBs I can look up to 12km with no problems, maybe get that to 15km, but after that every slight elevation increase is basically a jump for range

Then you zoom in :cap_look:

Normally your view is rather flat - even if you are looking above the target he will still be in your field of view, and you'll immediately adjust your aim without even thinking about it

With the spotter plane up your FoV is much more limited, and such a slight "mistake" while zoomed out may translate to multiple km while zoomed in.

How I deal with it - after zooming in with Shift if I've "misaimed" that zoom I immediately scroll out a little bit with mouse wheel to get larger FoV and have easier time adjusting where I'm looking at - this scrolling out also allows you to see smokescreens while zoomed in which can be useful :cap_like:

Edit:

Basically something like this:

6T7UwSK.png

• Cool 2

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,500 posts
13,658 battles

I think I know that problem. Simple solution: You have to aim slightly below the locked ship. Then it will show this ship instead of going on max range.

• Cool 2