Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AndyCx

AFK in Ranked - Dear WG

20 comments in this topic

[TWFK]
Beta Tester
39 posts
11,798 battles

Dear WG

I have had 3 ranked games so far today where 1 player was AFK. Given that there are only 7 players on each side this obviously puts the team at a massive disadvantage, especially if the AFKer is the CV as happened in one game. 

I would like to propose a system whereby a player who AFKs 1 game gets a warning or is disqualified from ranked for a few hours - it can happen to anyone that the door bell rings or something. Players who are AFK twice get banned from rank for a day/week and then after 3 AFK games a player is banned from ranked for the season.

Could you at least please think about this for the current season of future ranked seasons?

Thanks

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
655 posts
7,157 battles

with the new sanctions these AFK players get warning and when repeating a serious penalty.

READ PATCH NOTES please.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,389 posts
15,275 battles

Hi all,

40 minutes ago, it3llig3nc3 said:

with the new sanctions these AFK players get warning and when repeating a serious penalty.

READ PATCH NOTES please.

But is it actually working?

I asked few days ago and got no answer... :Smile_sad:

Leo "Apollo11"

Players
257 posts
3,083 battles

I personally was what a lot of people might call afk for half a ranked battle earlier in my lexington for the simple reason my internet went down for 10 mins unexpectedly, having a ship afk sucks but ultimately real life issues such as internet going down shouldn't really be punished as its outside the players control  

Weekend Tester
857 posts

Well to be honest, if it keeps happening ie  internet going down and the person continues to play knowing that could happen, yes it should be punished as they know they could leave their team one short, but do it anyway, hopeing the team will carry them.

• Cool 2

[NAVOC]
Players
721 posts
44 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

But is it actually working?

I asked few days ago and got no answer... :Smile_sad:

Leo "Apollo11"

I have a div mate that has his game crashing quite a lot since the new patch, usually happens as soon as he enters the map. He got pink twice for the AFK'ing so I assume it is working.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,389 posts
15,275 battles

Hi all,

2 hours ago, Niibler said:

I have a div mate that has his game crashing quite a lot since the new patch, usually happens as soon as he enters the map. He got pink twice for the AFK'ing so I assume it is working.

Thanks for info!

BTW, was he forced to CoOp for that?

Leo "Apollo11"

[NAVOC]
Players
721 posts
3 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Thanks for info!

BTW, was he forced to CoOp for that?

Leo "Apollo11"

No, fortunately he was able to get some games after getting pink the 1st time and when it happened the 2nd time he got pink again. I have the feeling that if those happened all in a row he would have been orange and relegated to co-op. 

• Cool 1

[IRQ]
Players
2,930 posts
7,510 battles

I ran into someone who deliberately went AFK to throw the game, just because he didn't like how I won the previous game against him. Sent in a ticket about it. I don't expect anything from it, but I find that deliberately doing crap like that should be more harshly punished than when it's accidental.

Funny thing is that I still carried the team to victory (with good help). Amagi is a great ship in ranked.

[NWP]
Players
1,099 posts
9,903 battles

I've seen a few AFK in ranked so far this season.

A few days ago (in randoms) we had a New York quit the game before the countdown timer was up because he was in a tier 7 game :fish_palm:

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles
6 hours ago, AnotherDuck said:

Funny thing is that I still carried the team to victory (with good help). Amagi is a great ship in ranked.

But I am sure I played with you in the Shima this week (I were in Z-52).

Do you change ships between matches?

[IRQ]
Players
2,930 posts
7,510 battles
2 hours ago, Miessa3 said:

But I am sure I played with you in the Shima this week (I were in Z-52).

Do you change ships between matches?

So you're saying it's impossible for me to do something incredible like not using the same ship in the ranks 15-11 as I'm using in ranks 10-1?

And yeah, I remember that game. Well, I think it was that game, anyway. I often forget looking at the names of the players I'm playing with, so I completely missed you. However, I didn't see many Z-52s, so I'm guessing it was the match on Sleeping Giant (well, most my games were on that map, as I mentioned in the chat) where we roamed east from north spawn and south to get both eastern caps. I found it funny that we encountered the DDs one at a time (although one ran to get Zao help, probably wise). Was a good game. Well, Shimakaze doesn't get a whole lot of experience, at least not compared to Amagi. After all, spotting doesn't matter, and capping barely matters.

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles
53 minutes ago, AnotherDuck said:

So you're saying it's impossible for me to do something incredible like not using the same ship in the ranks 15-11 as I'm using in ranks 10-1?

And yeah, I remember that game. Well, I think it was that game, anyway. I often forget looking at the names of the players I'm playing with, so I completely missed you. However, I didn't see many Z-52s, so I'm guessing it was the match on Sleeping Giant (well, most my games were on that map, as I mentioned in the chat) where we roamed east from north spawn and south to get both eastern caps. I found it funny that we encountered the DDs one at a time (although one ran to get Zao help, probably wise). Was a good game. Well, Shimakaze doesn't get a whole lot of experience, at least not compared to Amagi. After all, spotting doesn't matter, and capping barely matters.

I meant switching from BB to DD but you are right i forgot the change in Tier from Rank 10+. :Smile_hiding:

Jeah it was exactly that game. It was hilarious how their team only sent one Shima East to defend the whole flank while everyone is pushing the hard to cap west flank.

Thanks for trying to help me with smoke against that Zao btw. sadly I took an unfortunate Torp while HAS was on cooldown so i sank there, but we won because they camped too hard in the westcap and that is all that matters.

I usualy also don't read the nicknames that much as the shiplineup gets my most attention so I only recognize the most famous forumities when I scan the teams for fellow scrubs.  Then I go like "Oh is that THAT AnotherDuck/other or just some random imposter?" :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[IRQ]
Players
2,930 posts
7,510 battles
3 hours ago, Miessa3 said:

I meant switching from BB to DD but you are right i forgot the change in Tier from Rank 10+. :Smile_hiding:

I played the T8 Ranked matches in Amagi and Benson. Mostly just Amagi, because that worked very well (not that Benson didn't, but why change a winning strategy?)

Shimakaze's my only T10 ship, though. needs moar moneyz. Like 20M. If I had that I could buy Gearing or Yamato.

3 hours ago, Miessa3 said:

Thanks for trying to help me with smoke against that Zao btw.

I actually rarely use smoke for myself. Don't need it very often, since I usually play the stealthier ships, and I prefer spotting over smoke firing. With Shimakaze's buff it's even more so.

[IRQ]
Players
2,930 posts
7,510 battles

So, this thing about AFK ships...

2aaa6u8.jpg

I mean, not that I did great, but considering I shot down three planes in Shima, you can probably guess why. Also, I managed to get a solo cap, so there's that. The Montana went AFK after noticing that our Midway was AFK. If I count the total number of plane squadrons from allied CVs I've seen throughout the entire Ranked season so far, it would be one dive bomber squadron. That's it. All CV matches have been automatic losses because of that.

This was rather typical for me today in Ranked. Almost entirely weekend warriors on my teams. Completely awful day. Lost a bunch of stars, back to Rank 10 with zero stars. Doesn't help that Shima isn't a great damage dealer (fewer ships to torp means lower chance to hit), so I rarely get enough points to get top XP for no star loss. Even if I get two or three solo caps. Because WG only rewards damage.

270p4.jpg

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,389 posts
15,275 battles

Hi all,

I have conformation:

Player I know had 2 concurrent disconnections / crashes today and he got 12 CoOp games as penalty... so... the new system is punishing!

Leo "Apollo11"

[IRQ]
Players
2,930 posts
7,510 battles
6 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Player I know had 2 concurrent disconnections / crashes today and he got 12 CoOp games as penalty... so... the new system is punishing!

Honestly, I don't think the game is stable enough for only two times to warrant that punishment.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this