Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
PPKinguin

visualizing destroyed AA

13 comments in this topic

[-PG-]
Players
53 posts
7,374 battles

No idea if this was brought up before, 

but how about showing a meter or sorts that depicts the state of your AA capabilities.

Beginning of the game, meter is full, all AA functional.

Eat a lot of HE and you can see the meter go down because of destroyed AA mounts so you can easily check with one glance if those incoming bombers are gonna suffer or not.

I am aware you can press H and check in detail what AA is left on your ship but

'nobody aint got time for dat'

Players
9,815 posts
11,484 battles

You can always count number of scorched AA mounts with funnily bent barrels. And you can take quick glance on AA numbers under "H" too, you don't have to write bachelors thesis for that

[-PG-]
Players
53 posts
7,374 battles
9 minutes ago, Panocek said:

You can always count number of scorched AA mounts with funnily bent barrels.

Yes allow me to zoom into my ship model and start counting tiny AA models while also evading incoming planes and keep shooting at the enemy. 

You might be a superhuman but I am not. Have you actually ever done that crap? Jesus

Also the AA details under H are not readible at a glance and I would like to spend nothing more to know my AA status.

Players
920 posts
11,130 battles

Actually, 'H' is better than the gauge-idea, because it's not irrelevant to know which AA mounts got destroyed, and as such, the question is not only how much AA power one could still project, but to how far.

...or you could argue that neither is important because whatever happens, you Ctrl-click and evade just the same regardless of the current state of the AA.

• Cool 1

Players
8,061 posts
8,886 battles
1 hour ago, PPKinguin said:

Yes allow me to zoom into my ship model and start counting tiny AA models while also evading incoming planes and keep shooting at the enemy. 

You might be a superhuman but I am not. Have you actually ever done that crap? Jesus

Also the AA details under H are not readible at a glance and I would like to spend nothing more to know my AA status.

It's the last few numbers. If you know where to look, it's a quick tab to access it.

Beta Tester
290 posts
3,522 battles
24 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

It's the last few numbers. If you know where to look, it's a quick tab to access it.

I won’t be able to do that untill WG gives us scalable HUDs...

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

I'd be more interested in a way for CVs to gauge how much AA is destroyed on a ship.

Can't exactly check enemy ships' stats, nor look at the ship in detail and count scorched AA mounts due to the CV's perspective, but obviously knowing which ships have their AA shot up is very valuable information for a CV player, both for offensive and defensive measures.

Definately something that needs adressing in the alleged CV rework.

• Cool 2

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,591 posts

An icon appears when all your AA is destroyed. They could simply use the space this takes to show a constant AA status, maybe has a healthbar, or at least have another icon for when half the AA is lost.

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts
3 hours ago, StringWitch said:

An icon appears when all your AA is destroyed. They could simply use the space this takes to show a constant AA status, maybe has a healthbar, or at least have another icon for when half the AA is lost.

There is a mod in one of the packs that summarises the information available from the H key as to secondary and AA mounts with icons and numbers, I don't use it myself, but the ability is there in the game client. WG seem to leave this quality of life tweaking of the UI up to the modders for some reason.

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,591 posts
2 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

There is a mod in one of the packs that summarises the information available from the H key as to secondary and AA mounts with icons and numbers, I don't use it myself, but the ability is there in the game client.

Thanks, though I stopped using mods since I found it increasingly annoying over time to rename my folder for the few mods I used. I ended up with a bunch of copied folders named things like 6.11.1, 6.11.2, 6.11.0.0.1, etc. just to try to catch all the possible version numbers WG could come up with since they started adding in weird sub-versional numbers for every other micropatch.

2 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

WG seem to leave this quality of life tweaking of the UI up to the modders for some reason.

I think the dev team are hard pressed to churn out content as rapidly as possible to keep players engaged, hence the number of mistakes that go unfixed and matters of QOL go undone until someone can squeeze it in dring lunch break 2 years down the line. It's a real shame; I wish they'd slow down for a month every year just to catch up on these things.

[BOBS2]
[BOBS2]
Players
529 posts
17,727 battles
5 hours ago, StringWitch said:

I think the dev team are hard pressed to churn out content as rapidly as possible to keep players engaged, hence the number of mistakes that go unfixed and matters of QOL go undone until someone can squeeze it in dring lunch break 2 years down the line. It's a real shame; I wish they'd slow down for a month every year just to catch up on these things.

They admitted as much in one of the two Waterline videos, that one patch was being worked on while the previous one was still going through Quality Assurance. So they were going to go to a four week rather than three week cycle and devote the extra week to the Quality Assurance rather than the development team's efforts being split between the two patches. 

[BS4]
Players
1,287 posts
7,209 battles
On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 10:58 AM, PPKinguin said:

No idea if this was brought up before, 

but how about showing a meter or sorts that depicts the state of your AA capabilities.

Beginning of the game, meter is full, all AA functional.

Eat a lot of HE and you can see the meter go down because of destroyed AA mounts so you can easily check with one glance if those incoming bombers are gonna suffer or not.

I am aware you can press H and check in detail what AA is left on your ship but

'nobody aint got time for dat'

Hi Op,

As BeauNidl3 has already stated the information you require is in Aslains mod pack and the name of the mod is called "Secondary armament status" This will give you the information you are looking for and will be displayed in game above ship health pool (silhouette). I have this installed myself.

Hope this helps.:fish_book:

• Cool 1

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,591 posts
9 hours ago, Johmie said:

They admitted as much in one of the two Waterline videos, that one patch was being worked on while the previous one was still going through Quality Assurance. So they were going to go to a four week rather than three week cycle and devote the extra week to the Quality Assurance rather than the development team's efforts being split between the two patches. 

Wonderful news!

Sign in to follow this