Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
OddyB

Question on reporting Conduct

11 comments in this topic

[FMW]
Players
117 posts

Hi

I have just played a Ranked battle, whereby one of our team got damaged, and refused to play This player just sailed to the corner of the map, and sat there the entire battle.

How do I report this, and where do I send the replay?

Players
2,175 posts
20,259 battles

Nobody gives a flying eff about the replay.

You report him by right-clicking him in the team list (hold TAB) or Team Panel or immediately afterwards in the Team Stats. That brings up a context menu. But it doesn't have any real consequences.

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,769 posts
19,416 battles

Send the replay to support. Apparently they do actually deal with stuff like this.

• Cool 2

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts
16 minutes ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

Nobody gives a flying eff about the replay.

You report him by right-clicking him in the team list (hold TAB) or Team Panel or immediately afterwards in the Team Stats. That brings up a context menu. But it doesnÄt have any real consequences.

^^^^^

Ignore what this guy just said.

1 hour ago, CptOddyB said:

Hi

I have just played a Ranked battle, whereby one of our team got damaged, and refused to play This player just sailed to the corner of the map, and sat there the entire battle.

Raise a support ticket, using the reporting rule breaking option, type the player name and a short explanation and attach the replay, they've said they are cracking down on this sort of stuff, you however won't be told what action, if any, they take.

• Cool 2

[TOXIC]
Players
4,652 posts
11,707 battles
3 hours ago, CptOddyB said:

Hi

Support ticket.

Since he didn't go AFK, the automatic system won't get him - but the behavior you describe is pretty self-explanatory. Use the support system, there you can pick the rule violation option and go with it. Describe the situation, attach the replay. You might receive an answer that you should use the in-game report function in the future - but this one time they will look into it (or even you'll read that they already did look into it and took appropriate measures. Something like that :Smile-_tongue:

Basically, they ask you to use the in-game reporting that does nothing BUT they (unlike the stress-relief reporting system) do actually take action if blatant rule violations are presented to them along with strong evidence.

Players
1,099 posts
11,491 battles
7 hours ago, CptOddyB said:

Hi

You might check next time, If AFK player does have any (recent) clanmates in opposing team.It might be slightly more sophisticated way to rigg a battle.Because trying to do it with clan tag is way too obvious.

Noticed it twice, in my only 16.battles in ranked.

Ally started playing, fired couple of salvoes at the enemy, then stopped behind Island and did not shoot for rest of the game, but was not AFK (turrets were still moving.)

Once it was specially curious. Our Hipper went "passive", two enemy cruisers (Hipper and Mogami) passed within 4.km of our AFK and made no effort of killing it (for example torp it).

And sure enought, Google'ing showed, that until couple of days ago they were clanmates.

So they leave a clan, in order do not make it obvious by showing clan tags. They then do something at first and do not leave a battle, they just get passive. So automated system would not "catch" them. Only thing I do not understand, is why do they not destroy their designated AFKer for extra XP.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
7 hours ago, CptOddyB said:

Hi

If you plan to play Ranked some more get ready to see this kind of stupidity quite often :Smile_trollface:

But yeah, as others have said - in-game reports (apart from the chat one) do basically nothing, just submit the replay (with timestamps and description of what happened) to the support via a ticket :cap_like:

Players
2,175 posts
20,259 battles
Vor 9 Stunden, BeauNidl3 sagte:

they've said they are cracking down on this sort of stuff, you however won't be told what action, if any, they take.

Yeah, yeah. <yawn>

They are not even dealing with actual technical problems. A major share of customer service interactions is handled by bots with boilerplate replys. But they'll get right on this one. Sure. Sanctioning a (potentially paying) customer. I'll believe it when I see it.

[FMW]
Players
117 posts

3 hours ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

Yeah, yeah. <yawn>

They are not even dealing with actual technical problems. A major share of customer service interactions is handled by bots with boilerplate replys. But they'll get right on this one. Sure. Sanctioning a (potentially paying) customer. I'll believe it when I see it.

I did submit the replay to support, and in the last hour received an email saying that the said player was in violation of the battle rules and will be dealt with accordingly.

It just frustrates me the amount of players both in Random and Ranked, that decide their team is going to lose the battle from the start, then not even try to win it. Just cannot get my head around it, why play if you think your team is going to lose from the outset. At lease now WG are actively trying to change some bad attitudes, this, to me cannot be a bad thing. 

[FMW]
Players
117 posts
6 hours ago, mariouus said:

So they leave a clan, in order do not make it obvious by showing clan tags. They then do something at first and do not leave a battle, they just get passive. So automated system would not "catch" them. Only thing I do not understand, is why do they not destroy their designated AFKer for extra XP.

Stats maybe, the AFKer will not get a destruction ratio hit. So although the players stats show a battle loss the Kill/Death ratio should not be a great hit (just a theory)

Sign in to follow this