You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
___V_E_N_O_M___

What do you think of my progress so far?

23 comments in this topic

[POI--]
Players
4,313 posts
5,395 battles

How does one get to Kaiser without any prior German ship? How does one get to QE after 1 battle in Iron Duke? Don't free exp past lower ships. They are a valuable learning experience. When your winrates dip below 50%, you should start to think about what you are doing wrong and not having played any IJN BB before and then going right for Kii is just, well... not the best move to learn how to play.

[AAO]
Players
1,805 posts
9,602 battles
30 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

How does one get to QE after 1 battle in Iron Duke?

A glorious battle in the Duke.

Followed by two glorious battles in the QE (really, wtf happened in those battles?)

And now he is at the KGV.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
592 posts
14,581 battles

OP you'd better stick to lower tiers.  It is evident that you don't have much experience and playing tier 8 is very bad for your teams including you.  Your average damage in  your tier 8 bbs is very low.
I would suggest you play tier 1-5 that get protected match making and use your tier 8s in coop only.

Better join a clan or division with someone who seems to have better understanding of the game so he can help you  improve your gameplay.

Many people whine when they get in a tier x match with their tier 8 bb but they fail to realise how effective they can be even in a tier x match, I personally have finished top in score in my tier 8s in tier 10 matches several times. 
Many will pick a battleship just because of the big guns and large hp pool without having a clue on how to play that ship and usually they end up being a liability for their team, either avoiding combat all match long or by rush dying very early on.

I would suggest you also watch some youtube video guides.  Flamu and Aerroon have very nice channels.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
592 posts
14,581 battles
4 minutes ago, PzychoPanzer said:

A glorious battle in the Duke.

Followed by two glorious battles in the QE (really, wtf happened in those battles?)

And now he is at the KGV.

:Smile_child:

Players
58 posts
3,510 battles

It is rather bad and going by the stats of your ranked games, you are probably one of those players that ruin a game for others during ranked by not knowing what to do.

Probably does not even have a 10 skill captain in any of the tier 8 you use for ranked which seriously brings your team in a disadvantage.

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
349 posts
2,163 battles
1 hour ago, HMS_Argosax said:

Is it good?

I have been using lower tier bbs to gain more experience

You haven't, actually. KGV is not "lower tier".

But yeah, stick to your Kaiser for a good dozen battles, get out of binoculars view and study the minimap. It'll help you with lots of things: aiming, positioning, maybe even angling.

[UNICS]
Players
1,244 posts
15,470 battles
5 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

OP is a troll right?....RIGHT?

He needs to , otherwise he is going to feel bad about his "progress"

Players
425 posts
8,831 battles
3 hours ago, HMS_Argosax said:

Is it good?

In a nutshell.............no.  I think you should learn your trade in the mid tiers and not free xp skip the boats.  Just my two bobs worth but that's how most of us have got to grips with it :Smile_honoring:

Players
840 posts
8,520 battles

@HMS_Argosax Please, before you play any more battles take a little bit of time to read some stuff here: 

It will significantly improve your basic understanding of the game and at the same time you will improve as a player.

May I also suggest to watch some youtube videos about the game. Personally I've learned a lot from watching Flamu --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6jZ3uNWJKtJokkJxPLA88g

Every ship in the game, you can watch a "How to play" video from on youtube.

There are also guides on maptactics, tips and tricks, what not to do, how not to be a potato, etc., etc., either on the forum or on youtube.

Beta Tester, Players
365 posts
3 hours ago, HMS_Argosax said:

Is it good?

Whatever you were doing in the Weymouth, you were doing right, as far as wins are concerned.

You have progressed through the tiers far too quickly. As others have said, your performance at higher tiers is ruining the game for those on your team.

WG should really have a set number of battles a player must have at each tier before allowing them to move up - maybe, setting it that they must have unlocked 'x' amount of ships at a tier before being able to unlock any on the next tier.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,821 posts
6,919 battles

If I do a Ctrl + Alt + Arrow Down then yes, your graphs seem to show some progress :Smile_trollface:

[FJAKA]
Players
1,991 posts
11,811 battles
7 hours ago, HMS_Argosax said:

Is it good?

you are going strong....good job

Beta Tester
3,944 posts
14,364 battles
14 hours ago, xXx_Blogis_xXx said:

you play like bot , sorry try harder

I think that is a quite unfair remark. I've seen many bots playing way better than OPs stats seem to imply how he plays....

16 hours ago, HMS_Argosax said:

Is it good?

First entry on WoWS Stats&Numbers from the 08th of April shows a winrate of 47%.

Now you're down to 42%

Is a decline of 5% good or bad? I guess that's for you to decide...

But whatever you may think, please play a couple hundred battles in Co-OP before you take your poor ships to Random battles again. Your average damage with all of them is way below that what the usual potato would achieve. And taking a T8 -Kii - out into combat with the lack of skill you show should be punishable, as it's utterly unsportsmanlike to you team members in those battles.

Some might expect you to "do the job" and you definately don't.

If you want to go on playing the Kii, then please do me the favour to always be on the opposing team in case we meet. Or, if you happen to be on the same team as I, please just go afk, as that would probably give a better result for the team than you "fighting" in the battle.

[CAIN]
Players
2,742 posts
11,013 battles
18 hours ago, HMS_Argosax said:

Is it good?

In case you're not trolling, here's my take on it.

You are bad, but there is still hope.

Stay in lower tiers for a while, skipping the lower tier ships will bite you in the a$$ later on, it's quite a lot of experience you are missing, and i'm not talking about Xp you can convert. 

Resist the urge to play higher tiers until you have improved, stick to Tier IV and V.

Also, don't play ranked. Just don't. You are not ready for it and you're more a liability for your team.

[CR33D]
Players
3,028 posts
15,459 battles

2 battles in QE with avrg damage of 2k. :cap_fainting:just how!!? Its even harder than getting 300k damage game with QE...

• Funny 1

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

I think it sucks. Why? You don't have much experience in the lower tier ships at all. Bought some premium T8 BB's when you clearly weren't ready for that at all. My sincere advice: get back to lower tiers, grind/ suffer through them like good players do (don't counting myself as one to be clear) and come back with the same Q after your 1000th battle.

[CR-S]
Players
370 posts
19,032 battles
20 hours ago, Riselotte said:

How does one get to Kaiser without any prior German ship? How does one get to QE after 1 battle in Iron Duke?

125 battles in the Alabama - lots of FreeXP.

20 hours ago, tsounts said:

OP you'd better stick to lower tiers.  It is evident that you don't have much experience and playing tier 8 is very bad for your teams including you.  ...
I would suggest you play tier 1-5 that get protected match making and use your tier 8s in coop only.

This is put very politely. I just agree to it.

...and want to add that you played 18 battles in cruisers, none in destroyers, so basically you play only BBs which is very bad. If you don´t learn to think like a DD-skipper, you will never learn to properly avoid torpedoes.

Do you even know why ships sometimes can shoot at you without being visible?

Or how you get deleted by torps without being spotted? (Ever heard of RPF?)

Do you even know when to use HE or AP?

Do you know what overmatching or angling is?

If you answered only one question with "No" then you shouldn´t take a T8 ship to battle. And by your stats i bet that you have several "No´s".

Please go back to tier 1, play every ship T1-T5 of a branch without skipping by FreeXP. Do yourself and many others the favor.