AngreyNoob

Ranked Battles How to Win?

8 comments in this topic

[NORKS]
Players
34 posts
3,155 battles

So I've played a few battles and it seems to me the real only way of winning this is to carry your team somehow. 

75% of games are worse than random matchmaker battles for complete inability. 

People cant talk/type.

People get very, very scared of pushing objectives and just sail off on holiday.

People are obsessed with kills over team wins. 

People are impatient.  I've lost games because people get bored and sail off to get destroyed 1 by 1.

So many German BBs think they are snipers. 

It does seem like 80% of the player base in this game is actually mentally retarded. (me inc.)

SO what do i need to play to compete and carry a team? Am I guessing a DD Lo yang 8000dubs would be optimal as it can actually do objectives and hopefully torp down anyone playing objectives? 

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
11,742 battles

Yes, Lo Yang is probably the best ship for T8 Ranked, if you know how to play her.

Hydro + Smoke is a perfect combination to get caps and kill enemy DDs, two of the most important things to win a battle.

For all other ships:

• Surviving is important. Dead ships can't carry anymore. (Not camping!)
  • You need more caps than the enemy. Because obviously points win the game.
  • Though this doesn't mean that capping by all means is the way to go. It's ok to wait for a good opportunity instead of risking too much for a fast cap.
  • Focus targets: radar ships > DDs > CAs > BBs
  • Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles
12 hours ago, AngreyNoob said:

seems to me the real only way of winning this is to carry your team somehow. 

That's... kinda the point, you know? It's not "get carried to Rank 1", it's "fight your way to Rank 1"

12 hours ago, AngreyNoob said:

SO what do i need to play to compete and carry a team?

Either whatever ship you are good in or a LoYang :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
290 posts
3,507 battles
On 2/5/2018 at 12:14 AM, AngreyNoob said:

So I've played a few battles and it seems to me the real only way of winning this is to carry your team somehow. 

75% of games are worse than random matchmaker battles for complete inability. 

People cant talk/type.

People get very, very scared of pushing objectives and just sail off on holiday.

People are obsessed with kills over team wins. 

People are impatient.  I've lost games because people get bored and sail off to get destroyed 1 by 1.

So many German BBs think they are snipers. 

It does seem like 80% of the player base in this game is actually mentally retarded. (me inc.)

SO what do i need to play to compete and carry a team? Am I guessing a DD Lo yang 8000dubs would be optimal as it can actually do objectives and hopefully torp down anyone playing objectives? 

I’ve played ranked 3 days in a row now in the mornings before I gotta head off to work, I’ve gotten 4-6 games in every morning and just hit rank 10 today.

The first day I had to do alot of carrying, the second day I played with the same people most of the time, and we started to get some communication going, I had to carry less.

Today, people on my team started coordinating the second the game started, these are the same people that on day 1 didnt say a word. 

At no point have I been disrespectful, at no point have I called my team out for being noobs, all I’ve done has been trying to help them coordinate if I was taken out.

I’m not a unicum, but here on day 3 people have started expressing that they were happy that they got to be on my team when the game started, because I try to get the team to play together, rather than play for themselves.

Players
1,106 posts
8,552 battles

Just keep playing... I got to 1 star from rank 12 then games went crazy and no matter how many caps or kills I made, most of my games are in Benson or Kidd,  it was like players became all of a sudden totally disjointed and not supporting of each other so back down to 15 I went. I just could not get a winning game for days or went up only to come down.

Now after 2 days of decent teams, who communicated and worked together, I am back up to 1 star rank 11 and hopefully this evening I will reach rank 10... Fingers crossed...:Smile_izmena:

Players
21 posts
4,146 battles

o7 captain,

play ships wich are either DDs able to kill other dds or CLs/CAs wich are good at killing dds. this meta, DDs are king (and CVs).

for example, im playing HMS Edinburgh (with smoke), she works well.

CVs > DDs > CLs > CAs > BBs

Doesnt mean you cant be good in a BB for example, it just gets more difficult.

Just remember, dealing damage doesnt win you games, killing dds does.

cheers.

Players
49 posts

My point of view. I am an average player.

First, play the ships that suits you. It does not matter if others said those ships are not good. I had very good games in hipper for example and it is considered the worst choice (or close). I bought loyang but still prefer z23.

Capping and contesting the caps. Very important. I think the damage done is less important than the points you can bring to your team or deny to enemy.

Killing ships. First the radar cruisers (to help friendly dd`s) and the enemy dd`s. The team with more dd`s has a better chance to win.

Patience. Brawling is very effective when the team coordinates. If not, dont rush, wait for a better moment.

Team. That is not your fault. Sometimes there are a lot of potatoe grinders with a tier 8 or 10 ship with zero knowledge about the game, campers and so on.. In ranked the teamplay and coordonation is more important than in random and they dont get it.

You. Be calm. Dont stress. Its a game. You will make mistakes. Learn from them. Do your best.

And if you dont get to rank 1 its not a tragedy. At least from my point of view. Perhaps i dont deserve to get there or i dont have the time and patience to grind through the ranks.

Good luck

Beta Tester
39 posts
6,955 battles

-Just play the ships you are comfortable with. It means ships you have played enough to know what you can or can't do with them.
-What really helps is communicating with the team in a reasonable and respectful way. If you start calling them names they won't listen and if you give "orders" (more like suggestions) of what to do without a good reason they also won't listen. I have a little experience from clan battles so I basically was FC (field commander) for my team when needed.

-Go for objectives and call focus fire when you see an enemy out of position or on low health.

-Most importantly have fun!