Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Zen71_sniper

Clan cheating in Ranked

35 comments in this topic

[OCTO]
Players
819 posts
16,094 battles

I have just played a game in Ranked where one Hindenburg and one Zao, on opposite sides, but from the same clan, have stopped and torped each other when game was already decided.

This was done in order to farm the damage and possibly save a star. In my mind, that is cheating. What is your opinion? 

Should I send the replay to support, community contributors? 

Regards.

• Cool 3

[SNUBS]
Players
1,293 posts
6,853 battles
9 minutes ago, Zen71_sniper said:

This was done in order to farm the damage and possibly save a star. In my mind, that is cheating. What is your opinion? 

everyone in  ranked season plays to keep their star instead of playing for the team.

in my mind that is cheating idd :cap_rambo::Smile_hiding:

[LEGIO]
Players
588 posts
7,637 battles
8 minutes ago, Zen71_sniper said:

I have just played a game in Ranked where one Hindenburg and one Zao, on opposite sides, but from the same clan, have stopped and torped each other when game was already decided.

Regards.

That sucks mate. Have seen a similar situation today :( 2 from the same clan in opposite team. His clan mate did shoot on him with his Atago. And or Alabama did not shoot back. Just moved slowly. And our team went nuts. And his answer. "LOL NOOBS" That kind of thing is low. 

[SCRUB]
Players
7,715 posts
9,928 battles

Yep, send it to support.

Not definitive evidence, but suspicious enough that WG might look into it some more.

• Cool 4

[OCTO]
Players
819 posts
16,094 battles
Just now, Aotearas said:

Yep, send it to support.

Not definitive evidence, but suspicious enough that WG might look into it some more.

Oh, there is no doubt.

They stopped parallel from each other at  4-5km, shoot each other with secondaries for a minute or two and then torped at the same time.....

[SCRUB]
Players
7,715 posts
9,928 battles
1 minute ago, Zen71_sniper said:

Oh, there is no doubt.

They stopped parallel from each other at  4-5km, shoot each other with secondaries for a minute or two and then torped at the same time.....

If it's that obvious, then yeah.

[HOO]
Players
1,218 posts
2,535 battles
3 minutes ago, Zen71_sniper said:

Oh, there is no doubt.

Definitely send it to support then and you could also contact the clan commander in case he/she wants to take action.

Players
2,160 posts

Send the replay to support on a ticket naming them both and the Clan, both need a good slapping for trying to game the system.

[EST]
[EST]
Players
811 posts
18,773 battles
12 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

Definitely send it to support then and you could also contact the clan commander in case he/she wants to take action.

Given the new clan rules, the leader should want to get rid of them before WG can disband whole clan as 1 of their punishment options.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester, Players
365 posts

Please report to support with the replay. The sooner we start banning these players, the better - If we get some banned early on, it will discourage others.

@MrConway can we confirm that players caught rigging will be barred from ranked?

Players
2,160 posts
9 minutes ago, TigerMoth said:

Please report to support with the replay. The sooner we start banning these players, the better - If we get some banned early on, it will discourage others.

@MrConway can we confirm that players caught rigging will be barred from ranked?

Banned permanently from Ranked, and if they have Flint or Black those should be removed, they may see it as a bit of harmless fun, but cheating shouldn't be tolerated.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,715 posts
9,928 battles
3 minutes ago, Zen71_sniper said:

Is it allowed to post it on forum? It could be seen as naming and shaming?

Would be naming and shaming.

Just open a ticket with the replay, a screenshot or two and the timestamp.

Players
2,160 posts
2 minutes ago, Zen71_sniper said:

Is it allowed to post it on forum? It could be seen as naming and shaming?

No, much as I'm sure a lot of us would like to know who and the Clan it would be against their policy,  let Support handle it.

• Cool 1

[TORCH]
[TORCH]
Beta Tester
476 posts
8,788 battles

I opened a ticket regarding this yesterday, was told to just reopen with replays and they will investigate.

[OCTO]
Players
819 posts
16,094 battles
2 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

No, much as I'm sure a lot of us would like to know who and the Clan it would be against their policy,  let Support handle it.

Sent with the replay to support. Let's see. 

In fact, after watching replay, I think it was not just damage farming, but very probably match fixing.

We tried to flank, Henri (me) and Hindenburg (clan X) vs Zao (clan X). I played quite aggressively, considering that I have support.  Hindenburg didn't shoot once and when I tried to escape to repair and went undetected, he sent the direction to Zao so, he could finish me - at that stage, I was wondering how come that Zao was exactly where he should be to have a kill. 

We would have won - if the flanking move worked out....

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles
1 hour ago, Zen71_sniper said:

Regards.

Obvious cases like that - just take that replay and send it to support. They'll deal with it

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,048 posts
5,831 battles

As others have said - raise a ticket with support and also sent to the clan leader and maybe the deputy or other clan officials.   The only time you don;t do that is if the clan leader is involved - it happened in WoT a number of times.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,354 posts
11,267 battles
1 hour ago, Zen71_sniper said:

Regards.

As long as the situation is as clear as you describe, it's basically match rigging that can get you some nasty punishment, possibly even going beyond personal level (a clan might get disbanded when members do stuff like this, although I'm not sure if clan-level punishment ever really happened in practice).

Anyway: yes, it's cheating. Not only in your mind but also by WG rules. The only problem is proving this - if, for example, they just rushed each other and ended up dying by ramming or mutual torping, it's very hard to pin it on them, since there are many players who might do just that despite having no ties to the enemy whatsoever (the guy from the losing team wants any XP he can get to maybe save the star. The guy from the winning team - well, XP is XP, so why not score some more when the match is won already).

Still, what you describe - if it really happened like that - might just be enough to judge it foul play. Send the replay to Support and see what they say.

[OCTO]
Players
819 posts
16,094 battles
1 minute ago, BrusilovX said:

As others have said - raise a ticket with support and also sent to the clan leader and maybe the deputy or other clan officials.   The only time you don;t do that is if the clan leader is involved - it happened in WoT a number of times.

I have checked the clan. Yes, Zao was played by the clan leader.

The clan in question is a small,  regional/national and below average clan (WR 49%) and half of the members (clan leader included) have hidden stats.

Anyway, let's hope that WG does the right thing.

Players
1,473 posts

Had something similar yesterday, clan mates on opposite sides,unfortunately the one on our team decided to find his mate and let his mate sink him without reply, i could not/still can't see any logic to this. he/she only lasted a couple of minutes. The rest of my team went mad calling it cheating

Luckily we still won

Players
2,160 posts
2 minutes ago, robihr said:

every season this thread... i am in a groundhog day...

I must have missed the threads the last 2 seasons then.

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
59 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

I must have missed the threads the last 2 seasons then.

since clan tags have been introduced you get these threads popping up every time there is ranked. cause you cant have 2 clanmates in ranked match without them rigging it somehow. from description of OP it may be justified, but usually they are not.