Grimmblut

Team damage penalty in ranked matches

7 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
72 posts
3,093 battles

Hi,

so I witnessed this twice today in ranked battles:

A CA fires torpedo salvos, an allied battleship changes course into the path of the torps and gets hit by a single torpedo. Those BBs were not sunk by the torpedo. A few seconds later, the CA turns pink and explodes. Both CA were at full or almost full health. The kill message reads that the player had killed himself.

Listen, I'm all for penalties for causing team damage, but this procedure doomes the whole team to a certain loss.

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
2,669 posts

If a slow turning and badly accelerating battleship manages to intercept those torpedoes, then the CA/CL wasn't in a position where it should have dropped those torps in the first place.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,856 posts
6,926 battles
5 hours ago, Grimmblut said:

A CA fires torpedo salvos, an allied battleship changes course into the path of the torps and gets hit by a single torpedo. Those BBs were not sunk by the torpedo. A few seconds later, the CA turns pink and explodes. Both CA were at full or almost full health. The kill message reads that the player had killed himself.

CA turned pink from the torp hit, torpedo set a flooding, BB did not repair it so the cruiser flooded out.

Would do the same if some mong torped me from behind

5 hours ago, Grimmblut said:

Listen, I'm all for penalties for causing team damage, but this procedure doomes the whole team to a certain loss.

With a player like that CA there isn't much chance for a win in the 1st place, getting rid of the TK-er might even be positive change for your chances

Players
1,242 posts
7,726 battles
8 hours ago, Grimmblut said:

Listen, I'm all for penalties for causing team damage, but this procedure doomes the whole team to a certain loss

I have seen BB players do this - get hit by a torp and flood out, killing the offending player in the process. It's not a great idea. Trolls don't get taught lessons, the incompetent might learn something for the next game but in the meantime ten other players waste 15 minutes of their time because other players are being idiots. Heal up and move on, a BB can take a torp or two and still be effective.

Beta Tester
72 posts
3,093 battles

Guys, you are missing the point of this thread.

It's not about whether or not team damage should be penalized. It's not about who's to blame when a friendly ship gets hit by a torpedo.

It's about the fact that the current system punishes the whole team.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,645 posts
1,126 battles
On 5/2/2018 at 2:44 PM, Grimmblut said:

Guys, you are missing the point of this thread.

It's not about whether or not team damage should be penalized. It's not about who's to blame when a friendly ship gets hit by a torpedo.

It's about the fact that the current system punishes the whole team.

I understand your general idea/thought process, but what would be your suggestion? If you leave team killers in battle until they get destroyed by the enemy or until your team wins, they can simply use the chance to cause more harm (team damage) to the team.

Team damage will be punished immediately to avoid situations in which trolls just keep going and inflict more damage to the team.

Rest assured that we will further improve the whole system or change it if necessary. We are happy and open for suggestions.

Sign in to follow this