You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
anonym_yHbO7kUt9ZH4

All it took was just one battle

29 comments in this topic

[SM0KE]
Players
2,893 posts
6,696 battles
15 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

The problem isn't that it's with girls... the problem is, that it is with utterly unfunny girls.

If there had been Cameron Diaz, Lucy Liu and Drew Barrymore instead of the probably unfunniest females in Movies right now, it would have been a perfect movie.

To judge from what I read, you're in a (noble) minority. Most people who threw a hissy fit were just man-child inadequates, who couldn't cope with female Ghostbusters.

There was a lot of overlap with the sort of people who objected to the recent Mad Max because Theron's character was basically the hero, and ordered Max around...

For completeness, I should say that Ghostbusters was the first thing I'd seen with Melissa McCarthy in that was funny, and I can see that Charlie's Ghostbusters could be glorious!

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

Really. You might want to have your second braincell checked out OP. I dare say I'm around for quite a time and off all the changes in this game the fire RNG hasn't changed a bit. I'm having games with HE spammers in which I get a witherer in the fith minute and others in wich my shells seem soaked in sea water. That was back then (end of open B) and is still now. Bye bye one game quitter. You take care as well.

[AAO]
Players
1,926 posts
10,004 battles
58 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

To judge from what I read, you're in a (noble) minority. Most people who threw a hissy fit were just man-child inadequates, who couldn't cope with female Ghostbusters.

There was a lot of overlap with the sort of people who objected to the recent Mad Max because Theron's character was basically the hero, and ordered Max around...

For completeness, I should say that Ghostbusters was the first thing I'd seen with Melissa McCarthy in that was funny, and I can see that Charlie's Ghostbusters could be glorious!

Wow, just wow. Besides it being an insulting and stupid remark, I am sincerely amazed this bs is still going around. 

Before it came out, people, mainly referring to movie lovers here, were mainly surprised that anyone would make a remake of a movie that is a quite unique masterpiece of humor. 

And sure, some internet trolls were making a fuss about gender, which got too much fame because ultramegasensitivities in these enlightened times. 

In previews and early views the reception was vastly negative, rightly so. Nothing about it is funny, it is just 4 people rambling on and on about bs in a movie that lacks any coherent script. 

And then the marketing team of the movie pulled off one of the most genius PR stunts /scams ever, by implying, or better, making very explicit, that all negative critique was the same as those idiots rambling about gender. 

And again because of these current ultramegasensitivities, nobody, at least at first, dared to directly counter that bs argument, cause, you know, engaging in that discussion, saying that not everything is reduceable to sexism, almost sounds like denying sexism, and probably means one is a exist himself, no?

As I said, pure genius. 

Luckily the box office was sensible, and this monstrosity of a """"comedic film"""" won't get a sequel. 

Though that this idiot argument apparently still has a foothold baffles me. 

(and nowhere have I seen or heard of sexist anti mad max reviews. Probably because the PR team didn't need to spread BS, because the movie was solid, got received very well and did well at the box...) 

[SM0KE]
Players
2,893 posts
6,696 battles
4 minutes ago, PzychoPanzer said:

<snip>

(and nowhere have I seen or heard of sexist anti mad max reviews. Probably because the PR team didn't need to spread BS, because the movie was solid, got received very well and did well at the box...) 

You weren't looking very hard; this monstrosity was what made me aware of the MRA morons: http://www.returnofkings.com/63036/why-you-should-not-go-see-mad-max-feminist-road