You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TerryCox

15 comments in this topic

[-TAP-]
[-TAP-]
Players
28 posts
11,179 battles

I can't help but notice the amount of players who have "666" in their name. I was wondering if there was a way for Wargaming to check the performance of these players, to see if, as I suspect, Satan has an influence over this game? ( there is some conjecture that 616 is in fact the number of the beast, not 666)

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,517 posts
14,976 battles

I deny that. Although this is both my birth date and social security number. I have never influenced this game, nor do I have any intention of doing so in the near or the far future and I have the stats to prove that too. :Smile_great:

satan.jpg.842bd167e3d8ba045ec1278069fb0fcf.jpg

PS.- they are all fake, I tell you. Mere imposters - There can be only one...:Smile_sceptic:

"The Original 666"

Players
161 posts
5,853 battles

i think you misunderstood the usage of 666, its a safety feature, if they  run out of hull points and capsize it sends a clear message of 999 in case their team mates cant remember the emergency services phone number

• Funny 1

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
1 hour ago, _LordLucan said:

i think you misunderstood the usage of 666, its a safety feature, if they  run out of hull points and capsize it sends a clear message of 999 in case their team mates cant remember the emergency services phone number

Which is different in most countries. German has 110 and 112 for police and fire department/ambulance, respectively. USA got 911 if I am not mistaken etc. :Smile_hiding:

No, but seriously, why even open such a thread... I'd say it is trolling because no one should take those superstitious beliefs seriously, much less in user names of random players for an online game. But if the internet taught me one thing, it is not to assume too much logic when dealing with other people's opinions, especially in such topics....

Players
161 posts
5,853 battles
35 minutes ago, Tungstonid said:

Which is different in most countries. German has 110 and 112 for police and fire department/ambulance, respectively. USA got 911 if I am not mistaken etc. :Smile_hiding:

exactly the reason it needed,  we don't want to wait for rescue to arrive from 3 time zones away , use the number provided damn it!!!

• Funny 1

[UNICS]
Players
3,185 posts
12,579 battles
5 hours ago, Tungstonid said:

No, but seriously, why even open such a thread... I'd say it is trolling because no one should take those superstitious beliefs seriously, much less in user names of random players for an online game. But if the internet taught me one thing, it is not to assume too much logic when dealing with other people's opinions, especially in such topics....

I think you can read out quite a bit from the username of the players. Do players with '666' in their names perform differently from players who don't have numbers in their names? I wouldn't doubt it...

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
9 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

I think you can read out quite a bit from the username of the players. Do players with '666' in their names perform differently from players who don't have numbers in their names? I wouldn't doubt it...

The first 10 results for players with a username containing 666 on wows-numbers.com look overall average to me. Some slightly above, some slightly below. But no 40% WR bots or other conspicuities. I have no possibility to check all of them right now, though.

And the fact that  OP focuses on the number 666 (instead of numbers in general), refers to it as the number of the beast (which is, as I said, superstitious) and mentions Satan (which is an unfounded belief) lets me conclude that this is not a simple "usernames with numbers are bot accounts" case.

Btw: What does my username tell you about me? :cap_hmm:

(Hint: It is not a random sequence of letters)

[UNICS]
Players
3,185 posts
12,579 battles
4 minutes ago, Tungstonid said:

The first 10 results for players with a username containing 666 on wows-numbers.com look overall average to me. Some slightly above, some slightly below. But no 40% WR bots or other conspicuities. I have no possibility to check all of them right now, though.

And the fact that  OP focuses on the number 666 (instead of numbers in general), refers to it as the number of the beast (which is, as I said, superstitious) and mentions Satan (which is an unfounded belief) lets me conclude that this is not a simple "usernames with numbers are bot accounts" case.

Btw: What does my username tell you about me? :cap_hmm:

(Hint: It is not a random sequence of letters)

666 is ofc not random numbers, but I doubt many older people would include it in their username for example. Could be selected by belief, to troll, or ironically, etc.

Tungstonid doesn't tell me much, but you've got a single capital letter, a 'normal' name, and without googling it, I'd take a stab in the dark and say it's derived from an element and that you've used the username quite a while. You're probably well over 30, you've probably got a degree but I've no clue about your skill if I'd meet you in Wows..

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
12 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

Tungstonid doesn't tell me much, but you've got a single capital letter, a 'normal' name, and without googling it, I'd take a stab in the dark and say it's derived from an element and that you've used the username quite a while. You're probably well over 30, you've probably got a degree but I've no clue about your skill if I'd meet you in Wows..

Not bad. Everything but the age range is right. Haven't met my 30s yet.