Sign in to follow this  
Carrier_Graf_Zeppelin

Problems with new players learning and picking up CVs and the refusal to put effort on communication in 2v2 games

7 comments in this topic

Players
29 posts
414 battles

I don't know how it is for most new players trying to play CVs or just in general trying to grind past T6, but for me I can only stomach 2 games per day before I move playing something else.

I just can't stand 2v2 carrier games it is too demanding since there are people in the EU who just doesn't say a single word in english or will just ignore the fact that the enemy CV team have both their fighter squadrons rallied together.

In low tiers you have little hanger space and the initial opening fights are pretty much the key turning points if you will dominate the game or lose in a landslide this just isn't healthy for new CV players to learn the game, they simply will just quit playing the game due how frustrating it is to lose all your fighters and strike aircraft during start of the match while in higher tiers this is a NORM due how powerful the AA is but you can take losses due the fact you have such marginally bigger hangers enough to have all your squadrons wiped three times over.

T6 games already have ships with the norm having atleast 40 AA rating and higher and if you're unlucky enough to get thrown into T7-T8 games the game quickly shifts focus to just being a spotter and trying to destroy the opponent's carrier, how is this good game design? Specially when you add another learning curve to mix on how to properly manual drop against AA bubbles. My opinion 2v2 carrier games needs to go down to 1v1 since the game is inherently hard to promote teamwork and the stress of finding right targets to attack in a high AA games you won't have enough reserves in low to mid tier since you still will be dealing against two carriers if your team mate doesn't want to play together with you.

Does anyone else share my frustration?

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
619 posts

I`m always up for less CVs in the game. But to be honest, low tiered CVs aren`t as bad as higher tiered ones.

And if u struggle at low tiers, u will struggle at higher tiers. If this forces enough tomatoes out of playing CVs, I'll take it.

• Boring 1

Players
29 posts
414 battles

Whats with the elitist mentality on this community seriously, "Let's wipe out all those tomatoes out of the game, more unicums the better" give me a break, why can't we find a solution to make 2v2 CV games tolerable than wiping out the entire population of new players who find carriers interesting but only quit when they realize only try hard sealclubbers and masochists play the line.

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
619 posts
3 minutes ago, Carrier_Graf_Zeppelin said:

Whats with the elitist mentality on this community seriously, "Let's wipe out all those tomatoes out of the game, more unicums the better" give me a break, why can't we find a solution to make 2v2 CV games tolerable than wiping out the entire population of new players who find carriers interesting but only quit when they realize only try hard sealclubbers and masochists play the line.

No, not elitist. I don`t play CVs myself. Found them extremely boring to play.

I went through the no limit on carriers gameplay and saw how it ruined the gameplay.

They then limited it and the skillcap increased. Just a fact. Teams with the better CV "normally" wins the match.

So if this forces the really really bad ones away, I'm happy with that. Best counter for enemy CV is another CV.

Alpha Tester, Players
5,287 posts

2 cvs per side can be problematic , its always ends like try had , when i play saipan i get other cv ( ranger or hiryu pure potatoe that have no clue , and after all goes 1 vs 2 cvs

[FDUSH]
Players
1,194 posts
6,749 battles

Hey, I really enjoy 2 vs 2 carrier battles (one of the reasons of why I don't play past tier 7). However I barely talk with the team (unless I'm playing drunk), and even less with the other carrier, ocationally I check what he does but in the end I need to deal with both enemy carriers by myself. But generally works out in the end.

[ITA_C]
Players
261 posts
7,034 battles

i've start a new account and grind that throught t4/5  yhea man i share the pain  playing at those tiers is plain boring  but it Worth the effort  for the fun that come later 

Sign in to follow this