Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Kampfbaer_das_Original

Wargamings Pointsystem

24 comments in this topic

Players
46 posts

Hi forum

Actualy I had a case in the ranked season. A Benson camped the whole time without firing a single shot just took one cap and with spotting damage he was afterwards top xp earner with just this move. Meanwhile other players had over 100k damage.......looks like wargaming has to improve a lot. Does somebody of you had similar experience like I?

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,221 posts
14,454 battles

Spotting damage rewards are pitiful to the extreme. If he ended up on top with just a single cap then your team must have failed hard.

Over 100k damage is meaningless because rewards are calculated by percentage, not flat numbers. Killing a full HP DD gives you the same rewards as killing a full HP BB despite much less damage dealt.

• Cool 2

Players
2,477 posts
14,599 battles
19 minutes ago, Kampfbaer_das_Original said:

Hi forum

Actualy I had a case in the ranked season. A Benson camped the whole time without firing a single shot just took one cap and with spotting damage he was afterwards top xp earner with just this move. Meanwhile other players had over 100k damage.......looks like wargaming has to improve a lot. Does somebody of you had similar experience like I?

I don't understand.  Are you saying that you want ships rewards to be based on raw damage?

Beta Tester
290 posts
3,507 battles

If he was the only one who capped anything on your team while the rest of you were cruising around in your snip- I mean battleships and taking potshots at everything he spotted for ya... well, if the spotting rewards are anything like in WoT, if all of you did 500k dmg he would get xp for 250k dmg, and a cap... seems legit to me.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
1,884 posts
12,596 battles

Sounds weird. So maybe your report isn't 100% accurate. Do you have a replay?

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,360 posts
11,268 battles
1 hour ago, PapVogele said:

If he was the only one who capped anything on your team while the rest of you were cruising around in your snip- I mean battleships and taking potshots at everything he spotted for ya... well, if the spotting rewards are anything like in WoT, if all of you did 500k dmg he would get xp for 250k dmg, and a cap... seems legit to me.

I doubt these rewards are anywhere near WoT ones, though - I've had some games with lots of spotting damage but little else - and the rewards were very underwhelming. Not to mention that spotting doesn't really work all that well most of the time because spotted ships have the tendency to open fire (nothing to lose, after all) and then almost everybody within effective firing distance sees them anyway.

The system should probably go in a different direction in WoT and give you well-rewarded "spotting damage" for damage dealt to a ship by salvoes fired within some time window after you first spot a ship (regardless if the ship then started shooting or got out of cover and became visible to everyone). If you get close to a Zao, Zao starts shooting and then gets deleted, you should be receiving full "solo spotting" reward for all the damage suffered by this Zao, even if at the moment of death (or even at the moment the killers clicked their mouses) she was already visible to half the map (including the guys who shot her).

• Cool 3

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,397 posts
5,436 battles

Will jump on the replay train. Because if the Benson only took one cap and did spotting the rest of you must have done bugger all like El2aZeR said.

[PUPSI]
Players
82 posts
4,812 battles

Most likely because without his spotting, other players wouldn't have over 100k damage so he deserved to be high if not top by respecting his ship role.

btw raw damage only gives more silver me think

[ONE2]
Players
2,530 posts
14,998 battles

Yeeah, must agree with the others here. It seems like the Benson was the only one in your team, who actually "played the objective" in order to win while everyone else just blithely tried to farm damage and da*mn the winning. But yeah, replay would seem the obvious choice before passing any further judgement on that. :Smile_Default:

[GRNPA]
Beta Tester
25 posts
9,617 battles

i dont think this is true it was in former seasons but now ist changed getting 1 solo cap, 1 shared cap killing 1 DD but only 20k dammage and you still only on 3rd place if your Team does well. Hell even with high caliber in lo Yang i wasnt on first place so staying back and cap recap only when its save wouldnt save your star.

At Rank 10 DD become only cannonfodder anyway and cant influence the game with all the Radar crap around you wouldnt see your 2 or 3 dd on top they usual on the bottom. They get 1 cap dammage or kill 1 DD and thats it.

And dont understimate Cap defence gives much Xp not only in ranked in random to a BB trying to cap alone is heaven just get defence every few seconds.

Players
5 posts
343 battles
12 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Spotting damage rewards are pitiful to the extreme. If he ended up on top with just a single cap then your team must have failed hard.

Over 100k damage is meaningless because rewards are calculated by percentage, not flat numbers. Killing a full HP DD gives you the same rewards as killing a full HP BB despite much less damage dealt.

Is there anywhere that gives a good breakdown of how points/scores are allocated?

I'm a n00b and all I *know* is that taking CAPs is very worthwhile (usually more so than getting a kill)  but haven't seen a specific breakdown of exactly what one gets for doing what?

[PNAVY]
Beta Tester
176 posts
13,156 battles

@ OP and @Susan_Ivanova

LittleWhiteMouse is a still very active and thoughrow researcher on NA (Reddit/forums).

the New-comers section is your friend, especially the very old but still very usefull post from sharana.

if anything spotting exp rewards are crap, only dmg done while spotted is rewarded, and as they are shared with all spotters, and as soon as "spotted" fires guns, it's being detected by everyone, so spoting exp is divided by all "spotters".

• Cool 4

[ADRIA]
Players
4,831 posts
6,919 battles
18 hours ago, Kampfbaer_das_Original said:

Hi forum

It's not rare to see a DD who got a cap, fired a couple of salvos on an enemy DD and then died to end up being top XP earner and save his star. Caps are worth A LOT, so that's just how it works

Beta Tester
808 posts
8,041 battles

This is why capping system is retarded. DD get to cap first then run. Rip star...

Beta Tester
3,944 posts
14,399 battles
19 hours ago, Culiacan_Mexico said:

I don't understand.  Are you saying that you want ships rewards to be based on raw damage?

1469 battles in BBs

1500 battles in all other classes (some probably quite a while ago (DDs...))

Of course he wants rewards for raw damage...

• Bad 1

Players
2,477 posts
14,599 battles
13 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

1469 battles in BBs

I am all for it!!!!!  Raw damage is the only thing the should count for experience or silver

Tier VI Hatsuhara average server damage = 24 639

Tier VI Fuso average server damage = 45 037

Since raw damage is now all that would count, DDs will need about a 100% buff in damage output to maintain ship type balance.  :Smile_izmena:

• Funny 1

Players
46 posts

actualy I think i dont have a replay of it but i have an other example for a weird point system. I think it was never so bad like now.

I made two battle with the Kurfürst on Rank 9 one I won one I lost.

The stats of the won match:

102 449 damage,  1 kill, 5 citas, 7565 damage up on my spotting, 2 039 969 potential damage, 157 705 damage tanked from enemies, 18 torps spotted, 0 warships spotted, 0 caps capped, died = 1922 basic xp

The stats of the lost match:

199 258 damage, 3 kills, 2 citas, 1 flooding, 1350 damage up on my spotting, 1 524 269 potential damage, 159 124 damage tanked from enemies, 25 torps spotted, 1 warship spotted, 0 caps capped, died(ram) = 1104 basic xp

Forsure the second one was a lose but realy my feeling for the first match is i have done nothing and the second one i was realy carry the team. Is maybe potential damage overrated?

just 1104 basic xp for such a strong game....(i know its not a monster game but it was a good one)

Players
46 posts
On 1.5.2018 at 9:09 PM, Deckeru_Maiku said:

1469 battles in BBs

No id dont i just love to play bbs sometimes some cruisers....dds are actualy not my loved ones but also in dds i had some strange matches where i just capped and got a shittonne of xp

Players
46 posts
On 1.5.2018 at 2:13 PM, Cyclops_ said:

DD did his job then, so why criticise him?

dds jobs are not sitting behind islands and just taking one cap he realy sucks compared to other dds and other ships but he got most xp out of nothing. thats why i think this point system is broken

Players
46 posts
On 1.5.2018 at 11:02 AM, RAHJAILARI said:

Yeeah, must agree with the others here. It seems like the Benson was the only one in your team, who actually "played the objective" in order to win while everyone else just blithely tried to farm damage and da*mn the winning. But yeah, replay would seem the obvious choice before passing any further judgement on that. :Smile_Default:

one cap is not enought to win even 3 are not enought if you never make a kill. Actualy he was hiding behind the island not even spotting enemies

Players
46 posts
On 1.5.2018 at 12:15 PM, Sciurus said:

i dont think this is true it was in former seasons but now ist changed getting 1 solo cap, 1 shared cap killing 1 DD but only 20k dammage and you still only on 3rd place if your Team does well. Hell even with high caliber in lo Yang i wasnt on first place so staying back and cap recap only when its save wouldnt save your star.

At Rank 10 DD become only cannonfodder anyway and cant influence the game with all the Radar crap around you wouldnt see your 2 or 3 dd on top they usual on the bottom. They get 1 cap dammage or kill 1 DD and thats it.

And dont understimate Cap defence gives much Xp not only in ranked in random to a BB trying to cap alone is heaven just get defence every few seconds.

he was spotted from time to time by radar but nobody rushed him because i protected him....with some others

Sign in to follow this