Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Fediuld

MM & stock carriers

20 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
37 posts
1,702 battles

Seems the matchmaker with the resent patch is worse than used to be when comes to carriers. 

Previously it was considering if the carrier is stock (and the captain not mastered it), and was placing it with a carrier as possible close to stock. (some times against a carrier a tier lower). 
Not any more. It can place it in Random battles against a fully upgraded carrier eg Hiryu, which completely shut you down even if you are in a Hiryu. 
How's possible a 1-2-2 stock Hiryu (4 planes per squadron), with captain still in training, to play in tier 9 battle against another Hiryu with 2-2-2 setup, fully researched planes, and  fully trained captain? 

The funniest thing is that even if as player you try to play against AI in coop battle, the opponent AI Hiryu that you will be pitted against is 2-2-2 with constantly strafing their planes around your single fighter squadron.  

[NWP]
Players
1,889 posts
12,633 battles
1 minute ago, Fediuld said:

Previously it was considering if the carrier is stock (and the captain not mastered it), and was placing it with a carrier as possible close to stock. (some times against a carrier a tier lower).

Erm. Nope. That's not how mirrored CV MM work(s)ed

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,362 posts
11,276 battles
11 minutes ago, Fediuld said:

The funniest thing is that even if as player you try to play against AI in coop battle, the opponent AI Hiryu that you will be pitted against is 2-2-2 with constantly strafing their planes around your single fighter squadron.  

I'm pretty sure bots don't use manual attacks, EVER.

[TIPC]
Players
252 posts
10,716 battles

It never considered anything Same Tier,thats it,and if the CV is T7 or below (read 4-5-6) it can go in the BS called double Carrier games (+-1 tier difference between the CV's MAX).

And wahtever Tier stuff A team gets B team gets the same amount and Tier.

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

My sincere advice: stick to coop or don't play CV please. The less CV's the better this game is. Before I get punched down by dislikes: it's nothing personal. I'm completely with Notsers POV: the CV players have the most impact on the game. And somehow I get stuck with the CV noob who doesn't understand anything about CV play in 99% of the times. It hurts me that I got negative responses from very able CV players elsewhere on the Forum for stating my POV. I didn't mean to attack them in person. On the contrary. Most of my reports go to CV players. But most of my compliments go to them as well. When I get wrecked by a "super unicum mouse bottom RTS clicker" with his 3 torpedo squads when I happen to spawn "alone" in a BB and my ally CV is doing the best he/ she can to mitigate that attack with his fighters he'll get + 1 from me. But that's even more rare than dropping a super container. Usually it's the same story over and over: IF the CV awakens at all (thus eliminating 90% of the games from the CV at my side), they usually roam the map borders with their planes in a way that'd make the most noob BB player stare in awe, do nothing and suicide their squads over and over to snipe the enemy CV.

My advice: quit this abomination in the current state and start to play real ships, in the game perspective. A devastating strike with a BB against a cruiser, a DD against a BB or a cruiser against a DD is so much more rewarding than that RTS mouse clicking from the plague of this entire game. I stick to my advice: play real ships or GTFO and play wowp.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 11

Beta Tester
2,037 posts
2,760 battles
5 minutes ago, eliastion said:

You would be dead wrong.

Players
2,160 posts
14 minutes ago, Fediuld said:

Seems the matchmaker with the resent patch is worse than used to be when comes to carriers. 

Previously it was considering if the carrier is stock (and the captain not mastered it), and was placing it with a carrier as possible close to stock. (some times against a carrier a tier lower)
Not any more. It can place it in Random battles against a fully upgraded carrier eg Hiryu, which completely shut you down even if you are in a Hiryu. 
How's possible a 1-2-2 stock Hiryu (4 planes per squadron), with captain still in training, to play in tier 9 battle against another Hiryu with 2-2-2 setup, fully researched planes, and  fully trained captain? 

You sure about that?

In Randoms and COOP I've only ever seen same Tier CV's or where in pairs sometimes a T4-5 T5-6 combo, once or twice T6-7.

I've certainly seen the same CV's e.g. Hiryu with different upgrades and captain skills as you can sometimes tell from the number of planes in a squadron or by looking at the game loading screen and mousing over the CV's.

As far as I'm aware that's always been the case they've never been mirrored other than in Tiers, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,833 posts
6,919 battles
20 hours ago, Fediuld said:

SHIP OF TIER A & CLASS B IS ON YOUR TEAM. THAT MEANS SHIP OF TIER A & CLASS B WILL BE ON THE ENEMY TEAM. NOTICE HOW BOTH TEAMS GET SHIP OF TIER A & CLASS B

In other words all ships (for the first 3 min of the queue) have the same MM style as all CVs have. You play a tier 8 BB? Enemy team will have tier 8 BB. You play tier 5 DD? Enemy team will have tier 5 DD. You play tier 9 CA/L? Enemy team will have a tier 9 CA/L.

Literrally how frikin' hard is it to understand that?!

Previously it was considering if the carrier is stock

No, no it was not. That is not a thing, that never was a thing, most likely that never will be a thing

(some times against a carrier a tier lower). 

Jesus Christ, stop taking drugs. 

Unless, of course, you mean double CV games where you still had one enemy CV of your tier, and then, assuming the other one is lower, one ally CV who is that same lower tier. In that case - it still happens

How can you get that much wrong in a post as short as that?! :fish_palm:

19 hours ago, lafeel said:

You would be dead wrong.

I haven't seen a single bot CV (in co-op or in scenarios) who performed at least one manual (alt) attack. No strafes, only click fights. No manual drops, only autodrops. Not even one

• Bad 1

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
1 hour ago, Fediuld said:

WAT.jpg.7328dfff7a4a64764b9a7564d96ffa7a.jpg

In no MM - no matter the game mode, tier or class - captain skills, consumables, equipment or modules are taken into account. It never was. And nothing changed recently in this regard.

You always could meet a fully researched, equipped and skilled opponent on the opposing team even though you just bought your CV and didn't upgrade it. And you also can't and couldn't meet CVs of lower tiers (as long as you don't have a lower tier CV on your team yourself) because they are mirrored in regard to tier and number for ages now.

Since I don't play Co-op (but one or the other operation from time to time), I can't say anything about whether they use strafing or not. My guess is for the latter, though.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,224 posts
14,454 battles
2 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

The less CV's the better this game is.

For every whine post you make about CVs I play 5 CV games.

You can stop this.

:Smile_trollface:

On topic:

MM has never taken into consideration whether a ship is stock or not.

Bot CVs neither strafe nor manual drop.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,008 posts
12 hours ago, lafeel said:

You would be dead wrong.

Bot CV strafing your planes? Can we see the replay?

9 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

For every whine post you make about CVs I play 5 CV games.

Reminds me of that joke about presidential elections...

- I voted on you, Sir.

- Oh! So it was you!

[HOO]
Players
1,219 posts
2,535 battles
13 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

My sincere advice: stick to coop or don't play CV please. The less CV's the better this game is. Before I get punched down by dislikes: it's nothing personal. I'm completely with Notsers POV: the CV players have the most impact on the game. And somehow I get stuck with the CV noob who doesn't understand anything about CV play in 99% of the times. It hurts me that I got negative responses from very able CV players elsewhere on the Forum for stating my POV. I didn't mean to attack them in person. On the contrary. Most of my reports go to CV players. But most of my compliments go to them as well. When I get wrecked by a "super unicum mouse bottom RTS clicker" with his 3 torpedo squads when I happen to spawn "alone" in a BB and my ally CV is doing the best he/ she can to mitigate that attack with his fighters he'll get + 1 from me. But that's even more rare than dropping a super container. Usually it's the same story over and over: IF the CV awakens at all (thus eliminating 90% of the games from the CV at my side), they usually roam the map borders with their planes in a way that'd make the most noob BB player stare in awe, do nothing and suicide their squads over and over to snipe the enemy CV.

My advice: quit this abomination in the current state and start to play real ships, in the game perspective. A devastating strike with a BB against a cruiser, a DD against a BB or a cruiser against a DD is so much more rewarding than that RTS mouse clicking from the plague of this entire game. I stick to my advice: play real ships or GTFO and play wowp.

I think you need this as your desk top wall paper.

FB_IMG_1525134815302.jpg

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
37 posts
1,702 battles
19 hours ago, eliastion said:

Yes the AI carriers do strafing. 

• Bad 1

Beta Tester
37 posts
1,702 battles
7 hours ago, Skyllon said:

- I voted on you, Sir.

- Oh! So it was you!

Yes AI CV on COOP does strafing, and if you are stock 1-2-2 the AI gets 2-2-2 by default, strafing around while you try to keep up with a single fighter squadron

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
18 minutes ago, Fediuld said:

Yes AI CV on COOP does strafing, and if you are stock 1-2-2 the AI gets 2-2-2 by default, strafing around while you try to keep up with a single fighter squadron

Do you have a replay?

Beta Tester
2,037 posts
2,760 battles
8 hours ago, Skyllon said:

- I voted on you, Sir.

- Oh! So it was you!

Could have sworn that I have seen them do just that. Unfortunately I don't have a replay as I haven't played a cv in ages..

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,362 posts
11,276 battles
Just now, lafeel said:

Could have sworn that I have seen them do just that. Unfortunately I don't have a replay as I haven't played a cv in ages..

I've played some coops and operations in CVs and I've never seen a strafe or a manual drop from enemy planes. I mean, it's not impossible that bots were updated with that capability in some recent patch, but

- I've missed it if it happened

and

- Nobody brought it up here on the Forums as well, suggesting that the change - if it happened - wasn't properly documented in patch notes

It's not impossible but without some compelling evidence it seems more likely that it's you and lafeel who misinterpreted something. I think there was something about cruisers learning to use manual AA, however - maybe you've seen your planes die quickly to that and assumed you got strafed?

Beta Tester
2,037 posts
2,760 battles
Just now, eliastion said:

I've played some coops and operations in CVs and I've never seen a strafe or a manual drop from enemy planes. I mean, it's not impossible that bots were updated with that capability in some recent patch, but

- I've missed it if it happened

and

- Nobody brought it up here on the Forums as well, suggesting that the change - if it happened - wasn't properly documented in patch notes

It's not impossible but without some compelling evidence it seems more likely that it's you and lafeel who misinterpreted something. I think there was something about cruisers learning to use manual AA, however - maybe you've seen your planes die quickly to that and assumed you got strafed?

Entirely possible tbh. Although I could have sworn I have been manual dropped in co op..

[SCRUB]
Players
2,008 posts
5 hours ago, Fediuld said:

Hm, interesting. Not that I've played many Co-Op games in CV, but never seen or heard about it from friends. Must be something new.

Still, replay would be helpful..

Sign in to follow this