Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tubit101

How do I report a cheater?

32 comments in this topic

Players
1,189 posts
4,658 battles

Hello. Just a quick question. I have replay footage and screenshots of a player throwing a game. What is WG's email address for reporting such things? I have tried searching, but found nothing.

• Boring 1

Players
1,189 posts
4,658 battles
8 minutes ago, principat121 said:

throwing games =/= cheating

Throwing games equals to non-participation which is a rule violation.

4.08. Any conduct that is considered by Wargaming staff as disruptive to the gaming experience of others can be sanctioned in accordance to rule 1.04. This conduct includes and is not limited to: malicious and/or intentional in-game harassment, intentional exploitation of in-game mechanics or any action that intentionally goes against or abuses the game design. The application of game restrictions will always be done to protect a positive and fun gaming environment and will be applied after careful investigation and internal deliberation.

16 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Trouble ticket with support. Up there beside the premium shop button.

Thanks. But when I try to report in the ticket system, I get referred to the in-game reporting system that officially does nothing at all. The only valid report option is for harassment. Is there another option hidden somewhere?

Players
2,160 posts

There's an option down the page to create a ticket, you can attach the replay there and an explanation of the rule violation.

Tempted to generate one for a recent Ranked game where we had a lead that should have won the game and the game was deliberately thrown by a Benson that flat out refused to move, spot or shoot , he just camped behind an island in the nested A/B cap until he got charged down, meanwhile the BB's had been chopped due to zero spotting he came 2nd bottom. Whole team was asking him repeatedly to at least spot.

Beta Tester
2,028 posts
2,749 battles
4 minutes ago, Tubit101 said:

Thanks. But when I try to report in the ticket system, I get referred to the in-game reporting system that officially does nothing at all. The only valid report option is for harassment. Is there another option hidden somewhere?

As far as I know, no. 

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles
22 minutes ago, Tubit101 said:

have replay footage and screenshots of a player throwing a game.

Being bad / throwing a game is not illegal. Not cool, but not against the rules, you know?

Also your title says "reporting a cheater" - yet your post has nothing to do with that?

8 minutes ago, Tubit101 said:

No it doesn't :fish_palm:

Players
1,189 posts
4,658 battles
1 minute ago, wilkatis_LV said:

No it doesn't :fish_palm:

According to my interpretation of the Game Rules, it is. You are of course free to disagree.

Players
471 posts
2,269 battles
Just now, Tubit101 said:

According to my interpretation of the Game Rules, it is. You are of course free to disagree.

If you're going to report every bad player, guess you will be busy for the rest of your life.... Watch out such actions can backfire

• Funny 1

Players
1,189 posts
4,658 battles
3 minutes ago, Yogibjoern said:

If you're going to report every bad player, guess you will be busy for the rest of your life.... Watch out such actions can backfire

It would be wrong of me not to report an obvious rule violation, wouldn't it?

Players
471 posts
2,269 battles
Just now, Tubit101 said:

It would be wrong of me not to report an obvious rule violation, wouldn't it?

How many false reports do you think triggers an auto bin on your reports?? Cry wolf enough times

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

Why not showing us the footage, anonymized of course? I'm really curious OP.

Players
1,189 posts
4,658 battles
Just now, Ferry_25 said:

Why not showing us the footage, anonymized of course? I'm really curious OP.

I'd rather present it to those who are qualified to take action based on the evidence. Thanks for offering to take a look, though.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles
12 minutes ago, Tubit101 said:

Well, funnily enough, literally noone cares about your interpretation.

Players
1,189 posts
4,658 battles
Just now, wilkatis_LV said:

Well, funnily enough, literally noone cares about your interpretation.

I don't know, you seem to care a great deal.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,354 posts
11,267 battles
28 minutes ago, principat121 said:

throwing games =/= cheating

Semantics. Either way, the thing (losing on purpose) is against the rules and - assuming Tubit does indeed have compelling evidence (not an easy thing to prove as long as the offender has two or more braincells) - can be reported and result in punishment.

2 minutes ago, principat121 said:

You are?

Why?

Or how?

Wat.

He explicitly said:

10 minutes ago, Tubit101 said:

those who are qualified to take action based on the evidence.

If he was qualified, he would've banned the guy instead of asking how to contact WG, wouldn't he? :cap_hmm:

25 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Being bad / throwing a game is not illegal. Not cool, but not against the rules, you know?

Actually, throwing a game is, indeed, illegal. We often use the word to describe situations where the team f*cked up enough to lose what should've been a secured victory. The proper meaning of the word, however, is actually losing on purpose - and doing such a thing constitutes a heavy-duty unsportsmanlike conduct. It's hard to prove, yes. Unless someone is stupid enough to announce his intent, it is usually completely impossible to recognize what's a deliberate throw and what - gross incompetence. Difficult to catch doesn't mean that it doesn't conflict with the rules, so if OP does indeed have compelling evidence, he certainly should use the Support system to try and bring the thing to their attention.

• Cool 1

3,834 posts
8,611 battles

So far the only situation I've encountered that could indeed be justified as intentionally throwing a game was a Kaga in my team that sunk himself at the beginning of the battle. He had a Saipan as opposing CV.

I've sent a screenshot of the teamlist and the replay to support

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles
18 minutes ago, Tubit101 said:

I'd rather present it to those who are qualified to take action based on the evidence. Thanks for offering to take a look, though.

Didn't mean to mock you or to sound arrogant. I know I've fallen for that trap: fulminating at the Forum at people/ actions which were perfectly explainable with the proper feedback. And you brought this up on the Forum. So that's why I asked. That's what the Forum is about: ask advice/ vent opinions/ make suggestions and share intel. So from my POV: if you'd be able to make a replay/ record with the relevant name deleted we could give an opinion. And I know the watchers are neutral. Should it be a cheater/ thrower I'm sure the Forummates will devour him/ her alive. Thus making your case that much stonger and more unlikely to dismiss from the "authorities."

But what I'm afraid off is that the "perp" has a very good reason: suddenly emergency and having to go AFK, deconnect, computer crash a.s.o. F.e. we have a clan member who's working for the fire department. We were in a very tense CW battle and he was on duty. He warned us by forehand of that fact. And yes: he got summoned right at a critical moment in that match. "sorry, a fire. I have to go." Got us lose the match, by him "throwing" it,  but that's not even close in the realm of peanuts if that meant saving someone's life.

My point is: be very sure about your case before accusing someone of cheating OP. Don't get me wrong: this is a computer game. So by definition there are cheaters around. But they usually are the ones least expected. I'm trying to help you to prevent making a fool out of yourself. Couple of months ago there was this arrogant POS who accused someone of cheating with a video clip who happened to make a lucky blind shot. Just one. "zet mai frend. Is a chieter" He got shredded here 20 times for that false claim.

Modder
4,002 posts
7,196 battles
17 minutes ago, Tubit101 said:

Thanks for the feedback guys. I must say there has been a lot of interesting comments so far! :cap_like:

No problem.

As we are all cheaters, we do not like it when a fellow comrade is cought in the act.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[UNICS]
Players
3,185 posts
12,579 battles

I'm more amazed about the time and effort you're willing to put up with to get back at this unknown player. I'd use the in game report system   :fish_glass:

• Cool 1

[NOCAP]
Players
1,509 posts
15,418 battles

Don't bother. I had a ranked battle last season where our BB gave full broadside to the last survivor who was his clan mate. Instead of farming him undetected over the island he went into line of sight, shot, gave broadside and slowed down.

This is what support had to say about that:

It is rather unlikely that he did it especially for this purpose. It was more in the spur of the moment, having his mate the last one standing, he acted rashly and advance to finish him in beauty. The fact that those damage made him not lose a star were rather intricate.

It's all fine and dandy. The Kidd player on his team who was second by 77xp and lost the star would approve. :Smile_great:

Sign in to follow this