You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

WG: Was there any breakthrough regarding AFKer with latest v0.7.4 (and implementation of new rules)?

2 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,175 posts
8,983 battles

Hi all,

WG: Was there any breakthrough regarding AFKer with latest v0.7.4 (and implementation of new rules)?

I am asking this because I see more AFKers nowadays than ever (and I saw them on Friday and Saturday in Ranked as well)... :Smile_sad:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/updates/update-074/

Unsportsmanlike Conduct and Unfair Play. System for Prevention and Punishment.

In the upcoming Update 0.7.4, we're taking the efficiency of our system used to counter unsportsmanlike conduct and unfair play to a whole new level. From now on, players acting disrespectfully toward teammates by attacking them, being inactive in battle, or fleeing a battle will get a foul conduct warning first and will be banned from certain types of battles (except Co-op and Clan Battles) in case of repeated violations.

The status of a player's account will be indicated by the colour of their nickname:

• WHITE colour meaning lack of violations.
  • PINK colour meaning the player has received a warning.
  • ORANGE colour meaning the player is under penalty and is restricted from entry to certain types of battles.

1972b6c2-43be-11e8-bcce-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

19628022-43be-11e8-acb1-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

Any penalty will be "served" in Co-op Battles, where each battle played without violations is one step on the way back to the "white" status. The exact penalty will depend on the number of violations and the frequency of their recurrence. Repeat offenders will "go pink" faster and face an ever increasing penalty for repeated acts of unsportsmanlike conduct. This significantly reduces the chance for all players to be matched in a battle with a "hardcore" offender.

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

Thread on Reddit:

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

As others have mentioned, it doesn't seem like the system works perfectly and sometimes throws people into the offender category without a good reasons. The colour of the name probably makes it more noticeable.

If you are looking for official figures (aka "X people were marked/banned because they were AFK during the first week") ... My guess is that it is a bit early for that, if we get it at all.