Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Henning77

State of the game per may 2018.

14 comments in this topic

[APF]
Players
94 posts

Let's see.....A game that you can play three games in tier 1/2,think it is fun and then go and buy tier 8 Tirpitz or Alabama or cruiser Atago or Prinz Eugen......

And people wonder about incompetence.The playerbase in this game ruins this game.

A game that if you play Battleship, you can do everything correct, lead the target perfectly and fire your guns and all  shells miss the broadside cruiser, or you get only overpens.Read Mutsu.

Everything is based on RNG all the time, and I get tired of it.

A tier 2 player suddenly starting to play tier 8 will be BAD.And will most likely after sounding  the horn on the ship just sail into the closest torp spread.

Because he/she has no idea about torp ranges to most destroyers/cruisers or that insane fire chance most cruisers have.

This game is really sad and do not reward good players.At least not enough.

We all know the satisfaction of devestating a cruiser,but these days that happens rarely, since most hits seems to be overpens.

And the TOXIC community do not help either.Instead of helping a new player people call him idiot or noob.

When RNG is against you,as it mostly is, at least for me, it is hopeless.

It is more fun to peal an orange.And I have no nails to speak of.

Germany had superior technology and aiming systems compared to the allies, still German BB's get dispersion punished out of this world.Compare Panther and Sherman,compare Bismarch and Hood.Look at plane development, rocket science etc....

British get alien HE shells on BB's and only AP shells on light cruisers.Go figure.British cruisers work ok, but HE BB have caused many players use HE on all battleships.

Since other BB captains use HE, people that have no idea also use HE.And when you play and see Gneisenau use HE, I understand it is hopeless.

And so comes Asashio.Insanely situational and destroy the game even more, despite the fact people warned WG about this.DD captains will try to flank around and not contribute to the team at all.

DD's must focus on caps, and support team with smoke.

I have no idea what country have the staff that decides all this, but Russians communicate updates and so forward.

I had a game in Fushun recently, and had to face up against two BB's.

I shot the first with my two front guns and got a fire, I shot the other with my back two guns and got a fire.

Then no more fires for me.RNG was with me for first four shots, then deserted me all together.

Also had a game in Texas, and suddenly a Minekaze shot at me  with all four guns.

Three shells missed, one hit and barbecue.One 127mm shell started a fire.Accumulation of shells should start fires, not a SINGLE shell.

When RNG mostly is like this, it causes me to search for other games.

I have also seen that German, French and Italian and Russian 37mm aa guns do wildely different damage.

Duca D'Aosta 4*2 37mm do 46 damage per second average, Dunk 5*2 37mm do only 19 average per second.

Yes Balance I know, but still hopeless, do they  think I have no eyes?

And fire sinking a ship?cm'on the hull must be breached for a ship to sink.Even I, I have no idea about shipbuilding, understand  this.

A fire can destroy AA guns and kill crew.Only if a fre detonate main gun ammunition a ship can sink.I talk about warships, not transports.

The armor would then crack and be much easier to penetrate, but the fire cannot sink a ship.

With all these issues, I have decided to abandon WG for now.

And I know many people will call this a whining thread, it is not meant like whining,I'm  trying to sum up the game.

Yes I'm a noob, an idiot, and also a moron.

Now you betterwissers can stay away.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 4

[ANV]
[ANV]
Players
219 posts
2,980 battles

So long and thanks for all the fish salt

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
15,926 posts
11,172 battles

If everything is RNG, why do you complain about bad players? Maybe you are wrong and there is skill involved?

• Funny 1

[APF]
Players
94 posts
2 minutes ago, Lord0 said:

So long and thanks for all the fish salt

What did I say?

TOXIC behaviour at the best....lol

• Cool 1

[BLITZ]
Players
2,190 posts
9,380 battles
1 minute ago, Henning77 said:

What did I say?

Overreacting behaviour at the best....lol

• Cool 1

Players
178 posts
1,974 battles
10 minutes ago, Henning77 said:

And fire sinking a ship?cm'on the hull must be breached for a ship to sink.Even I, I have no idea about shipbuilding, understand  this.

A fire can destroy AA guns and kill crew.Only if a fre detonate main gun ammunition a ship can sink.I talk about warships, not transports.

The armor would then crack and be much easier to penetrate, but the fire cannot sink a ship.

Wrong, fire is a ship killer. Fire destroys electronics, takes gun turrets out of action, etc. There was a battle in WW2 where one American Battleship was hit by so many Japanese 8 inch shells that she had to fall back, despite not being in danger of sinking. 

[UNICS]
Players
3,185 posts
12,579 battles
3 minutes ago, Henning77 said:

What did I say?

What is the purpose of the thread? You've stated how bad the game is and that you're leaving? What responses do you expect from this?

Players
2,160 posts

You don't have to broach the hull to "sink" a ship, in this game a ship is sunk when it's taken so much damage it's wrecked, the graphic is just simplified so that a dead ship is sunk and not a floating smouldering wreck.

Yes fires are RNG dependent, they're also extinguishable with sensible use of Damage Control and ships with a heal (mostly BB's) can heal back the fire damage.

As to the dispersion issue again there's some RNG in there, if it wasn't there then  the deletion rate would be ludicrous, even worse than it is now. In realistic terms the guns on BB were way less accurate than they're implemented in the game, but the realism argument has been done to death, the game simply wouldn't work as a reality simulator.

Oh and obligatory question :- Can I haz your stuffs?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,357 posts
11,267 battles
26 minutes ago, Henning77 said:

And the TOXIC community do not help either.

True, we don't help much. But that's also because our membership fell a bit and some of the remaining players aren't very active either, we used to help more :Smile-_tongue:

26 minutes ago, Henning77 said:

Instead of helping a new player people call him idiot or noob.

...although sometimes the help was focused on brief feedback relating to current skill level of the person helped :Smile_trollface: especially when prior attempts to help by advice among the lines of "don't expose broadside like that!" or "CV, keep that DD spotted", or "caps are the other way, you won't be of any use from back there" remained completely ignored.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,502 posts
15,364 battles
44 minutes ago, Henning77 said:

Also had a game in Texas, and suddenly a Minekaze shot at me  with all four guns.

Three shells missed, one hit and barbecue.One 127mm shell started a fire.Accumulation of shells should start fires, not a SINGLE shell.

I have also seen that German, French and Italian and Russian 37mm aa guns do wildely different damage.

Duca D'Aosta 4*2 37mm do 46 damage per second average, Dunk 5*2 37mm do only 19 average per second.

And I know many people will call this a whining thread, it is not meant like whining,I'm  trying to sum up the game.

ok point 1

if it was an accumulation ships would be burning constantly. Fire chance per shell is a much better way of doing it.

Point 2

maybe go look at a sight like NavyWeps. Ignoring shell weight and muzzle velocity

http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/index_weapons.php

Italian 37mm AA guns ROF max 120 rounds a min

German 37mm (1944)  250 round Per min pre 1943 30 rounds a min

Russian 37mm depending on model 150 to 360 RPM

By Dunk i presume you mean Dunkerque she has the 37 mm/50 (1.46") CAIL Model 1933 modelled in game Max ROF of 42RPM

So please Calibre means nothing 

Point 3..  OW dear where to start.

a, Firefighting on a ship is just about the most dangerous thing you can do at sea. The act of firefighting with water is flooding your ship so yes fires can sink a ship..  and yes i have had basic RN firefighting and  damage control training (fun of being a sea cadet in the UK) many ships in WW1/2 almost or did indeed sink themselves fighting fires. as all the water used fighting said fire has to be pumped out(not easy if you have lost power or pumps)

b, the game model of HP is not about sinking a ship. Its about destroying a ship. A fire can gut a ship and leave it a useless hulk.. Ships explode and sink when HP is 0 just to ease gameplay

c, one of the Theory's of HMS Hood explosion is a Fire in the AA ready use ammo that caused a chain reaction. History is full of ships getting major damage because ready use AA ammo causes uncontrollable fires

lastly you just dont understand ships or the game mechanic of fire

In short maybe read and do some research before raging on forum

[OGHF]
Players
673 posts
11,797 battles
2 hours ago, Henning77 said:

Let's see.....A game that you can play three games in tier 1/2,think it is fun and then go and buy tier 8 Tirpitz or Alabama or cruiser Atago or Prinz Eugen......

And people wonder about incompetence.The playerbase in this game ruins this game.

A game that if you play Battleship, you can do everything correct, lead the target perfectly and fire your guns and all  shells miss the broadside cruiser, or you get only overpens.Read Mutsu.

Everything is based on RNG all the time, and I get tired of it.

A tier 2 player suddenly starting to play tier 8 will be BAD.And will most likely after sounding  the horn on the ship just sail into the closest torp spread.

Because he/she has no idea about torp ranges to most destroyers/cruisers or that insane fire chance most cruisers have.

This game is really sad and do not reward good players.At least not enough.

We all know the satisfaction of devestating a cruiser,but these days that happens rarely, since most hits seems to be overpens.

And the TOXIC community do not help either.Instead of helping a new player people call him idiot or noob.

When RNG is against you,as it mostly is, at least for me, it is hopeless.

It is more fun to peal an orange.And I have no nails to speak of.

Germany had superior technology and aiming systems compared to the allies, still German BB's get dispersion punished out of this world.Compare Panther and Sherman,compare Bismarch and Hood.Look at plane development, rocket science etc....

British get alien HE shells on BB's and only AP shells on light cruisers.Go figure.British cruisers work ok, but HE BB have caused many players use HE on all battleships.

Since other BB captains use HE, people that have no idea also use HE.And when you play and see Gneisenau use HE, I understand it is hopeless.

And so comes Asashio.Insanely situational and destroy the game even more, despite the fact people warned WG about this.DD captains will try to flank around and not contribute to the team at all.

DD's must focus on caps, and support team with smoke.

I have no idea what country have the staff that decides all this, but Russians communicate updates and so forward.

I had a game in Fushun recently, and had to face up against two BB's.

I shot the first with my two front guns and got a fire, I shot the other with my back two guns and got a fire.

Then no more fires for me.RNG was with me for first four shots, then deserted me all together.

Just taking account of the “Ship Sinking From Fire.

True, fire on it’s own will not sink a ship, but it will turn it into a burnt out hulk, which is then normaly sunk by there own side, but as this is a game the ship once it has burnt away sinks. An example (sorry if this offends or upsets in any way any other ex Royal Navy members, but thinking of the Shiny Shef always brings a tear to my eye as I had personaly served with 3 of the chefs that lost there lives that day in 82 ). 

E79D61F2-28B8-4BA1-BCC3-F155CA49C044.thumb.jpeg.dd5a5510ffa8ac4af424440ea4ed074a.jpegA332C932-02E4-461C-9231-29A2566C2B54.jpeg.3c74775a49fe973d154e70be73fd1ab7.jpeg

[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,469 posts
4,545 battles
2 hours ago, Henning77 said:

Bla, bla bla, some nonsense, bla, bla, bla!

What i read is that you have no clue about the game!

If you want to go then do it quietly, and don't forget to close the door!

Beta Tester
4,468 posts
9,787 battles
3 hours ago, Henning77 said:

I have no idea about shipbuilding, understand  this.

Fixed by removing all the bits that he's wrong about.

• Funny 2

Sign in to follow this